Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

thundermax w autotuner problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 12:06 PM
hdmarkg
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thundermax w autotuner problem

Has anyone heard of a problem with the thundermax with autotune below?
i have a 07 fxstsse hd. i installed the zippers tm. it works great but when the bike gets hot if i turn it off and go to start it it blows the ecm fuse. the tm went back to zippers 3 times. they keep telling me the problem is in the bike. the hd ecm works hot or cold with no problebs.
can someone please help me with this thanks,
hdmarkg mlgottlieb@verizon.net

Old 09-20-2011, 05:06 PM
cchawg
Intermediate
Smile

I've got the ThunderMax on my 2010 FLHXSE. Had no problems with starting as you describe. Might ask your TM dealer to download an update from the net directly to your bike's TM. TM comes out with a new software update 1-2 times a year, it seems. Bought my ThunderMax a year ago and TM has come out with two updates since I bought it.

My TM made a huge difference in torque and hp. Also, I put Rinehart True Duals on it at the same time, and that opened up the back end.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:54 AM
cchawg
Intermediate

UPDATE ON THUNDERMAX AUTOTUNER:
My 2010 FLHXSE started getting hard to start, dying at idle. I decided to check and see if Zippers had a new firmware update available. they did from October 2011. So I downloaded the update into my ThunderMax ECM over the weekend. That fixed it -- no problem starting now, and idles fine at 992 RPM as set.

Then I remembered what happened. I decided to work on some wiring under the fairing and, as instructed, i pulled the main fuse. Forgot that pulling the main fuse (as Zippers says in their ThunderMax manual) will cause the TM ECU to lose its settings. So I should have re-initialized the ECU after plugging the main fuse back in. Just turning it on for 20 secs, then off for 15 secs, then start it and let it idle for 15 secs. Not a big deal. But my ECU was trying to run the bike without all the settings it had before I pulled the main fuse.

Now the bike is SUPER responsive to the throttle! And my mpg went from 35 to 41 mpg. FYI.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:32 PM
hdmarkg
3rd Gear
Default thanks

thanks to all who came back to me. the prob. was the bike itself. it needed $6800.00 worth of work. the harley ecm was also half burnt out. this was all covered under the warrenty.......