Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

1st CVO For Me; couple of ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 05:38 PM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 112 Likes on 76 Posts
Default 1st CVO For Me; couple of ?'s

I picked up the bike ('11 CVO Street Glide, Black and Orange) late Saturday evening in a nice rain. The dealer just had to ride it before I took it so it was the 1st Harley (out of 10 new ones) I have ever bought (and most expensive) that was not exceptionally clean as I rode it off the lot. I actually trailer'd this one since my wife is out of town and no one was around to drop me off.

1st question is about the iPod; is there an iPod in the pouch in the right saddle bag lid?
I would go look but I am 150 miles away from my bike and won't see it before this weekend.
My dealer mentioned the iPod hook-up but did not say there was actually an iPod in there. HD's web-site says they even throw in the iPod??? I never thought to look and really did not expect they would throw it in.

2nd question is about a service manual; do they come with one or possibly a CD I may have missed? I could have sworn my buddy told me he received a full service manual with his '09 CVO Ultra. Maybe his dealer just provided this for him???

Anyway, I spent all night Saturday washing and waxing the bike since they were forecasting the absolute perfect day for riding and breaking in a new bike on Sunday. They finally got the forecast right!

A few things I would mention about the bike that pleasantly surprised me, one being the shocks; they are by far the best shocks I have ever had or ridden on a Harley.
I've ridden on Koni's, Progressive's, Arnott's, modified stock 13" and 12" stockers and nothing even compares to the new coil over’s Harley uses now. My wife is going to love these!

The engine really surprised me this year being that my buddy's '09 CVO Ultra needed an air cleaner, exhaust and tuner before it was anything but a dud.
Don't get me wrong, it's no powerhouse compared to my '08 with the 113" but they are definitely taking a step in the right direction IMO.

I got the dealer to throw in a new SE tuner with the bike so I'm going with 2" Fulsac baffles this year and calling it good until winter. I may gut the cat but I'm going to do a little more research to see if I need to weld in a plate to separate the air from each cylinder until after it passes the O2 sensors. It seems I read a while back about this needing done if you start gutting things.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:29 PM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I can't answer your questions but congrats on the new scooter and it sure would be nice if ya posted up a couple pics of her.....

Old 04-12-2011, 08:14 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

OMG I love that color combo and that bike will be my next. I demo'ed that bike and I loved it. I can't answer your questions but I do look forward to your pics...post up soon!

Old 04-13-2011, 04:29 AM
hogrider98
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as for q-1 the i-pod is included

congrats on the new ride

Brian

Old 04-13-2011, 12:52 PM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 112 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks everyone and I will post pictures this weekend.

I talked to the salesman this morning and he said the iPod is in the big box of extras he handed me. I guess I need to look a little harder. He did say it was no bigger than a book of matches though.

I do have one I took with the phone just before I headed home with it.

Last edited by scj; 06-02-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:02 PM
michaelm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should remove the cat BEFORE the dyno tune. Otherwise it will have to be redone.
A good alternative is fullsac's new X-pipe.

No disrespect to this forum, but check out cvoharley.com Great CVO-specific site with a forum just for your bike.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

That is my fav CVO color combo of all time,I love it.It's a good thing my local dealer doesn't have one,or it would be mine.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Scottm2200
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice ride

Old 04-16-2011, 02:31 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Love that color. Congrats.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:32 PM
firefighter156