Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Spark Plug Wire Change Out?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 11:43 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Spark Plug Wire Change Out?

Alright, dumb question I guess, but I am about to change out the plug wires on my CVO Springer to the 10mm SE wires. Question is how is the best way to remove the old front wire? I have only glanced at it but it looks like there are two "plastic" clips mounted that would break pretty easy.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:16 PM
stevevfd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just cut mine off, pulled that whole plastic assembly out. Harley sells a replacement or you can do what most people do and just use the holes from that plastic thing and run 2 zip ties.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:03 AM
RidenChrome
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with the Harley replacement.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:43 AM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Plug Wires

When I replaced plug wires I used the H-D orange ones. My wires had 2 ties on the front wire with plugs attaching to what looks like the horn bracket and mine were tight on the wire with the excess trimed close to the slip thru retainer so they are not re-usable. I attempted to use a couple of cable ties and no good. Looked Asian and some folks say my mods look gay nohow. H-D parts had replacement ties with retaining plugs that will separate the wire from metal and other wire. About 5.$ to go with the 20.$ wires. All work looks, to me, like factory. Wire boots have a small dab of dielectric grease in them. I removed the chrome cover sos I could get a better grip on the boots for removal and replacement. Remember you never pull on the wires. Took me twice as long to type this as it did to replace the wires.

Last edited by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE; 02-02-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
When I replaced plug wires I used the H-D orange ones. My wires had 2 ties on the front wire with plugs attaching to what looks like the horn bracket and mine were tight on the wire with the excess trimed close to the slip thru retainer so they are not re-usable. I attempted to use a couple of cable ties and no good. Looked Asian and some folks say my mods look gay nohow. H-D parts had replacement ties with retaining plugs that will separate the wire from metal and other wire. About 5.$ to go with the 20.$ wires. All work looks, to me, like factory. Wire boots have a small dab of dielectric grease in them. I removed the chrome cover sos I could get a better grip on the boots for removal and replacement. Remember you never pull on the wires. Took me twice as long to type this as it did to replace the wires.

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking!