Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Your Thoughts on These Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 09:04 PM
twistr
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Your Thoughts on These Dyno Numbers

My friend has a 09 CV0 RG 110ci...he got a call from the tuner who is working on his bike...he was told that the bike now has 98 hp / 120 ft. lbs. of torque. I don't know any other particulars (which EFI tuner, rpm's, smoothing)..however, the things I do know are that the engine is stock with the stock SE air filter, the exhaust is V&H Power Duals with their basic slip on mufflers. Nothing more was added or changed.

I know these numbers are feasible, but I feel with the limited amount of work done, these numbers seem a little skewed, IMO. Maybe I am wrong, Lord knows I've been known to be ...My friend said he will be receiving a dyno sheet showing the numbers.

What are your thoughts on this?

Old 01-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Cosmic Charlie
Elite HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

My RG SE CVO 110 went from stock ....

78 HP to 93 HP
91 Torque to 111 Torque

with just a full set of H&H Fat Cats 2 into 1 and a TTS with Dyno Tune

Tuner said more could be had, but set it up smooth & strong, runs very excellent from idle to throughout the rpms ....

Different Dyno's read different, just compare what (other) same bikes put out stock, Dyno's seem to vary, some a little - some alot - makes it hard to compare ...

and the numbers are for talk, knowing how to ride & putting on miles is what counts

Old 01-11-2011, 09:30 PM
twistr
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Charlie
Different Dyno's read different, just compare what (other) same bikes put out stock, Dyno's seem to vary, some a little - some alot - makes it hard to compare ...

and the numbers are for talk, knowing how to ride & putting on miles is what counts
I'm with you on that!!!...I just want to make sure that this tuner is not pullin' one over my friends head...which to some extent, he probably is..JMO

thanks for your input

Old 01-12-2011, 12:19 PM
michaelm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The numbers seem very stout for just a pipe change and dyno tune.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:20 PM
SKYCLIMBER
Tourer

111 89 with D&D 2>1, SERT, heavy air flow. Has plenty of what I need.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Black Diamond 110
Cruiser

Good numbers! Did he get his base line stock numbers before the mods?

Here's mine.

Stock 85 hp / 100 tq

Mods 95 hp / 108 tq

Full Sac X pipe
Full Sac 2" baffles
Stock AC
TTS tuner

sheets attached

JW

Attached Thumbnails Your Thoughts on These Dyno Numbers-dyno-vanessa-stock-v-fullsac-x-pipe-2-in-cvo-cores-tts.jpg  
Old 01-16-2011, 12:06 PM
jad
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As has been mentioned, a dynode reading can give you about whatever the tuner wants you to see. Also SAE and STD can show different readings.
These are probably real numbers however they are peak numbers. The torque peaks at a point that the system, intake cams, valves, compression and exhaust determine. The 255 cams are built for lower end torque and give up around 4000 or a little higher depending on the rest of the system. Back pressure is also a strong factor in torque hence the invention of the power valve in dirt bike racing back in the late 70s. The horse power peaks after the torque has peaked and dropping off. Horse power is greatly dependent on air flow. More horses more fuel more air. I have a 2009 RG that I had a bunch of modifications done to that had great numbers at peak however getting there it was a dog. It’s now heading back to the dyno this week after a complete system change. I’ll let you know what those numbers are when I get it back.
All this being said there is only X amount available in a stock engine. My stock 2007 FXSTSSE with intake and pipes has 95.24hp and 110.6 ft./lbs. torque, STD with smoothing. Peak torque is at 4000 rpm and peak horse power is at 5300. Getting to peak torque is great, near vertical line from 1200 to 2400 rpm. Anyway I would believe those numbers at peaks. How the rest of rpm range is may be another matter.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:32 PM
larryb123
Novice

Bet they free wheeled the dyno, no brake

Old 01-28-2011, 05:34 PM
jad
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jad
As has been mentioned, a dynode reading can give you about whatever the tuner wants you to see. Also SAE and STD can show different readings.
These are probably real numbers however they are peak numbers. The torque peaks at a point that the system, intake cams, valves, compression and exhaust determine. The 255 cams are built for lower end torque and give up around 4000 or a little higher depending on the rest of the system. Back pressure is also a strong factor in torque hence the invention of the power valve in dirt bike racing back in the late 70s. The horse power peaks after the torque has peaked and dropping off. Horse power is greatly dependent on air flow. More horses more fuel more air. I have a 2009 RG that I had a bunch of modifications done to that had great numbers at peak however getting there it was a dog. It’s now heading back to the dyno this week after a complete system change. I’ll let you know what those numbers are when I get it back.
All this being said there is only X amount available in a stock engine. My stock 2007 FXSTSSE with intake and pipes has 95.24hp and 110.6 ft./lbs. torque, STD with smoothing. Peak torque is at 4000 rpm and peak horse power is at 5300. Getting to peak torque is great, near vertical line from 1200 to 2400 rpm. Anyway I would believe those numbers at peaks. How the rest of rpm range is may be another matter.

Preliminary runs on my bike. 119.56hp and 122.7 ft torque. Only two full throttle runs so far.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:58 AM
RidenChrome
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the diffence between Dyno and using fuel pack?

Quick Reply: Your Thoughts on These Dyno Numbers