Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2011 CVO STREET GLIDE - Front Suspension Question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 08:55 AM
slotbike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2011 CVO STREET GLIDE - Front Suspension Question?

Hey Guys,

Waiting for my Kryptonite CVO SG to come in (3 weeks) Do any of you know if the front end is lowered? I know the rear has the Hand operated shocks but am unsure as to what they did with the front....is it lowered or stock height? Any one who can chime in, would be appreciated.

Ride Safe all,

Glenn

Old 08-26-2010, 10:00 AM
HJP
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The front end is not lowered. It is set up like a street glide or a road glide custom. You can see them green ones comming from 2 miles away. Rode a black and orange one at sturgis at the Harley demo rides. My boy rode the green one. Rode out about 7 miles on an access rode then 7 mile back in on intersate. From the pictures was not impressed with the green color. But in person they are a something else. Didn't notice the orange had a purple pin stripe until I seen one at the dealer setting inside. You could not notice it outside or anyway I didn't. The six speakers put out some sound.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:04 PM
slotbike
Tourer

HJP,

Thanks....That's what I thought but, I wanted to make sure before I go out and buy the parts to lower it. I had a 2010 Merlot/Red Street Glide and lowered the front. I want to do the same with the CVO.

G

Old 08-26-2010, 01:38 PM
slotbike
Tourer

HJP, and everyone else.....

I just went to the 2011 HD P&A book to get the part # for the profile front lowering kit. It say: "does not fit FLHXSE/2", which is the 2011 CVO SG. Now, that would lead me to believe that the 2011 CVO SG is already lowered and has this kit in it. Why else would it say that? Any help would be appreciated. BTW, there is "no" part # for a front lowering kit for this bike in the 2011 P&A book.

G

Old 08-26-2010, 02:23 PM
slotbike
Tourer
Default Update:

I just spoke to the MOCO. They said: The CVO SG has a specially tuned front suspension so we do not recommend lowering it. I asked if that meant that the front was already lowered or not and they said they have no additional information. I asked if I could get over to the CVO unit and they said "NO". Sounds like the CVO guys are protected like they are working on top secret nukes or something. I'm just trying to get a simple question answered, whew!

G

Old 08-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Kern
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My '11 is lower than my '06. Not by a lot, but it is lower.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:49 PM
slotbike
Tourer

Anybody else have any info?

Old 08-29-2010, 10:53 PM
dll
Advanced
Default "Specially Tuned" ... not...

Originally Posted by slotbike
I just spoke to the MOCO. They said: The CVO SG has a specially tuned front suspension so we do not recommend lowering it. I asked if that meant that the front was already lowered or not and they said they have no additional information. I asked if I could get over to the CVO unit and they said "NO". Sounds like the CVO guys are protected like they are working on top secret nukes or something. I'm just trying to get a simple question answered, whew!

G

Having been given the perfect opportunity to study my parts manual again (thank you ) I'd have to say you were fed a line of bull by our dear friends at HD.

Yes, the front end is already lowered (a 21" spring vs a 22"), but there isn't a single solitary part in the front fork mechanicals that is unique to the SESG2.

We have stock forks, pretty covers, and 1" shorter springs in the front ..

dll

Old 08-30-2010, 06:06 AM
slotbike
Tourer

dll,

Thanks for taking the time to research this So.......the front end "is" lowered. That must be the reason that the lowering kit, in the P&A book says: "will not fit FLHXSE2", I assume!

Glenn

Old 08-30-2010, 07:53 AM
dll
Advanced

Originally Posted by slotbike
dll,

Thanks for taking the time to research this So.......the front end "is" lowered. That must be the reason that the lowering kit, in the P&A book says: "will not fit FLHXSE2", I assume!

Glenn
No problem, I was curious too! Looks like the front and rear are both 1" lower than stock but we still have "opportunities" to upgrade

Quick Reply: 2011 CVO STREET GLIDE - Front Suspension Question?