Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Any Regrets on CVO Purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 11:20 PM
VooDoo13
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pjb
how does it feel when you park right next to one (or 5 or 6) just like yours? seems to me the "custom" part is gone as soon as its not unique. if it says "Custom" when you bought it, it isn't.

nice bike though. I'd just rather have something that was a little more "mine".
Well most are very limited production. So the odds of pulling up next to 5-6 is very unlikely. Unlike pulling up next to a denim black ANYTHING. Not only that but as the years go by they get more and more rare. I know there are 1400 of mine. NOW I bet there is only ONE LIKE mine. To say any other production bike is custom cause you put bolt on parts don't really make it custom. Like you said it just makes it yours. Hardly anyone who buys a CVO will keep it factory custom. So In a sense they are doing the same thing you are suggesting. Only rather than spend Twice as much that way they just spent it all up front then added a little for that special unique touch. I love all bikes and don't really care if it is bare stock or not. I always stop to admire. Not only that but CVO resale will blow any other bike away. Even with the same add-on parts. Cause in the end it's not a CVO.

Forgot to add: It rides 3 times smoother than my StreetBob. Though I loved my BOB to.

Last edited by VooDoo13; 04-26-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VooDoo13
Well most are very limited production. So the odds of pulling up next to 5-6 is very unlikely. Unlike pulling up next to a denim black ANYTHING. Not only that but as the years go by they get more and more rare. I know there are 1400 of mine. NOW I bet there is only ONE LIKE mine. To say any other production bike is custom cause you put bolt on parts don't really make it custom. Like you said it just makes it yours. Hardly anyone who buys a CVO will keep it factory custom. So In a sense they are doing the same thing you are suggesting. Only rather than spend Twice as much that way they just spent it all up front then added a little for that special unique touch. I love all bikes and don't really care if it is bare stock or not. I always stop to admire. Not only that but CVO resale will blow any other bike away. Even with the same add-on parts. Cause in the end it's not a CVO.

Forgot to add: It rides 3 times smoother than my StreetBob. Though I loved my BOB to.

(06 FB colors a good year, also......)

Old 04-28-2010, 05:55 AM
racerdj
Club Member

I would think it would be hard to pull up to 5 or 6 like it unless I'm on the King.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:02 AM
toofast_28
6th Gear

No regrets, 2007 FXDSE (red) and a 2010 Street Glide on order, keeping them both! Wouldn't buy anything else. Also have a 2002 FXDWG3, black and gold. Getting ready to put cams in the 2007 to free up some ponies. As for the question of pulling up next to 5 or 6 of the exact same thing... I take mine to Sturgis where there are 100's of thousands of bikes and may see 5 or 6 the WHOLE WEEK. If i am at any other rally only see mine and maybe one other one. Not sure if they are all garage queens or what, but you don't see many of them out, and they always draw attention, there are a lot of bikers that come up and ask what all mods i did and i tell them nothing, its a CVO and they don't even know what a CVO is.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:57 PM
racerdj
Club Member

Originally Posted by toofast_28
No regrets, 2007 FXDSE (red) and a 2010 Street Glide on order,
What color....My Tequilia Sunrise is due in May 10...decision time..48 hour hold on her.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:03 PM
toofast_28
6th Gear

Originally Posted by racerdj
What color....My Tequilia Sunrise is due in May 10...decision time..48 hour hold on her.

Well everything i have is red, so i want a red one, but i have a red one and a blue one on order, which ever one they can get first i will take.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:53 PM
racerdj
Club Member

Well everything i have is red, so i want a red one, but i have a red one and a blue one on order, which ever one they can get first i will take.
Sounds like a winner either way!! Please keep in touch. Delivery date?

Old 05-01-2010, 04:56 PM
toofast_28
6th Gear

Originally Posted by racerdj
Sounds like a winner either way!! Please keep in touch. Delivery date?
I am deployed to Iraq right now, get home 1 July, so if they can get it, it will be sitting there then! Military Sales purchase.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:36 AM
racerdj
Club Member

I am deployed to Iraq right now, get home 1 July, so if they can get it, it will be sitting there then! Military Sales purchase.
Thank you for serving our country.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

what does this mean in terms of price?

Quick Reply: Any Regrets on CVO Purchase?