Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

My Dealer just got in a CVO Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 02:34 AM
invisible68
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they should have painted the inner fairing and the switch area the same color as the bike. yeah the black is better but they should have done it right.....

Old 08-11-2009, 06:23 AM
fxstbharley2008
Tourer
Default Cograds!

Sweet
LooksGreat!
I can wait!

Originally Posted by mjb765
I just got the blue one...looks much better in person

Old 08-11-2009, 06:38 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by elevensecondv6
Would like to see all the colors in person.Pics just don't do it for me.
I saw the rum in person and I was very disappointed. It just looks too plain and subdued for the first SESG the MoCo has ever produced. The pictures definitely "do" it justice. Had they used the flame job from the SEUC on the SESG, there would have been deposits on every single one the factory could make before they ever landed on the showroom floor.

Kinda explains why I went with the SEUC with plans to make the TP detachable and turn it into my own version of an SESG. I don't mean to dis anyone that really likes the paint scheme on the new SESG, its just that it didn't really stand out to me.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:57 PM
gasman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just picked up my 2010 CVO street glide

I got the ****e rum color on Thursday and it's gorgous. More of a deep burgundy with a brownish tint. I can't stand the stock exhaust, needs some suggestions. They recommend Vance and hines slip on with a TFI. I had Rinehart true duals with a PC on my 03 SE Road king and it had the best sound and plenty of power. Does anyone have a thunder max? how does it compare to the PC?
I was told Rinehart was not making exhaust for the 2010's and what do I do about the 4" pipes which look great out the back with the extended bags. Any suggestions would help.

Gasman.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:44 AM
invisible68
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Heatwave
I saw the rum in person and I was very disappointed. It just looks too plain and subdued for the first SESG the MoCo has ever produced. The pictures definitely "do" it justice. Had they used the flame job from the SEUC on the SESG, there would have been deposits on every single one the factory could make before they ever landed on the showroom floor.

Kinda explains why I went with the SEUC with plans to make the TP detachable and turn it into my own version of an SESG. I don't mean to dis anyone that really likes the paint scheme on the new SESG, its just that it didn't really stand out to me.
I would have to agree I do like theyburnt amber/ hot citrus... thinking about doing the same with that bike.... like the full chrome wheels... and teh inner fairing painted and teh full painted flame job on that bike better... but it is another 5 grand.... but you get the tour pak and teh lowers...hmmmmmmmmmmm thinking......

Old 08-17-2009, 03:14 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm with you on the fairing, wheels, etc.

IMO, on the CVO SG, they should've painted the inner fairing to match the bike, chromed the wheels and done away with the cheap looking, pin striped flames. If you can imagine the wheels being chromed, the bike would look much different...would really brighten it up. That's just my opinion mind you. Different strokes for different folks. Even so, I sure wouldn't turn one down!

After seeing all 3 colors in "person" in Rapid City, SD....I liked the Tequila Sunrise the best. Like most of these bikes, they look better in person than on the website or in a catalog...pics just don't catch the depth of the paint. Why the catalog has them against a black background, I don't understand...they just don't "pop" that way. Oh well, If I was Queen of the Universe...

Originally Posted by invisible68
I would have to agree I do like theyburnt amber/ hot citrus... thinking about doing the same with that bike.... like the full chrome wheels... and teh inner fairing painted and teh full painted flame job on that bike better... but it is another 5 grand.... but you get the tour pak and teh lowers...hmmmmmmmmmmm thinking......

Old 08-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by invisible68
You'll also get heated grips, heated seats, passing lights, lower fairings, highway pegs, adjustable passenger floorboards (instead of pegs), air suspension, painted inner fairing, hi-powered radio, CB, Intercom etc.

Alot of guys will add many of these upgrades to their SESG and never get their financial value out of it when they sell it or trade it. Since the SE Ultra has them already, all you need to do is make the tourpak detachable and you essentially have an SESG (with lowers) with all the goodies built in instead of having to pay the dealer to add them.

Of course the paint will likely be the deciding factor and that's a matter of personal taste. For some, starting with an SE Ultra will be the better path to follow to get to an SESG. For all, it’s the better financial decision.

For me, it was an easy call... or at least that's how I sold my better half on spending the extra $5k on a motorcycle

Attached Thumbnails My Dealer just got in a CVO Street Glide-sany0091.jpg  
Old 08-22-2009, 07:26 PM
ncsam
Intermediate

I got the Rum, its awesome - deep brandy-cherry like color ! I added reinhart mufflers and they sound just right!

Last edited by ncsam; 08-22-2009 at 08:50 PM.