Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Avoid IRONBLOCK HD in Adams, NY

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Avoid IRONBLOCK HD in Adams, NY

Ironblock Harley Davidson in Adams, New York near Watertown NY

They are dishonest and will not provide warranty work (3rd time) or a safety recall on a bike for the fuel canister that I purchased from them last year and is still under warranty.

I had an appointment for over a month, went in for the warranty work and safety recall and they refused to work on the bike because I did not want them to perforn a 10,000 mile checkup for $500. The owner now tells me they are booked out 2 months even after having booked the service a month ago. I originally booked it to have the 10,000 mile service done but since I no longer wanted them to do it all of a sudden they are booked and don't have time for me.

They are nice during the sale but their true colors come flying out when you need warranty work. The owner told me to come pickup my bike and slammed the phone down on me.

I've had the bike in to Ironblock 3 times last year to fix the false neutral light coming on. It started out showing neutral in 3rd gear but now shows as neutral for gears 2, 3, 4, and 5. Of course I can't use the cruise since the bike thinks it's in neutral. I drove up and dropped the bike off last night and they filled out all the paperwork and were upset because I told them I did the 5,000 mile checkup myself. I called this morning to talk to the service department to make sure they knew what work I wanted performed. I was speaking with the owner and he said I did not have the bike professionally serviced. I told them that is not true as they did the 1,000 mile checkup and that I did the 5,000 service. He asked if I was a trained Harley service tech and when I said no he said it wasn't done professionally then. I told him I didn't read anything in the owners manual where it said the work had to be performed by Harley. He yelled that he wasn't going to argue with me and said to come pickup my bike and hung up (slammed the phone down) on me.

I would not do business with them again if they were the last dealer on earth.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:24 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they're that bad I wouldn't want them working on my bike anyway. I'd take it to another dealership that's more reputable. I'd like to see the first dealership sued, but I'm afraid that by the time you won it would cost you more out of pocket that it's worth. I just hate seeing those POS's get away with crap like that. Hopefully their bad reputation will catch up with them.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:20 PM
streetboob
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have stopped in there a couple times and their prices blew me away. They were way over msrp and they did not greet me at all either. Seemed snobby. I looked at some bikes and when no one came to ask how I was doing, I left. These a-holes sales people still think Harleys sell themselves and they don't have to work for their money. They are sadly mistaken. I know you don't have too many other choices up there, but I would definitely take the ride and go elsewhere.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:25 AM
Skulmn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You got a gift...I would not let a dealer like that touch my bike.

Make sure that they did not scratch or damage the bike before you take it.