Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

FLRTSEIII chopped tour pak

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 07:26 AM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLRTSEIII chopped tour pak

My tour pak came in yesterday and I spent about 2 hours getting everything together and on the bike. At first I had some reservations about adding a tour pak thinking it would take away from the looks of my bike; but, it seems to balance things out a bit, the height and size seem to compliment the fairing and the storage will be great during road trips. I'm only going to use it for road trips since I like the looks of the bike without it. Whether or not it's worth the money who knows, I suppose when you spend as much $ as you do just buying a SERG what's a few money $ for convenience. I'll post some photos later.

With that much orange in a cager's face the saftey factor should have gone up even more.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:02 AM
GScotty
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am waiting for the pictures.. I do miss my storage space in my 08 Ultra. Can't wait to see how yours turned out..

Old 04-27-2009, 08:26 AM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain

I didn't check my emails yesterday so I couldn't have seen your post. I rode into a wall of bugs yesterday and had to do some serious cleaning when I got home, which required removing the tour pak. I'll put it back on tonight or tomorrow and send some pics.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:50 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Chopped tour paks seem to be made for Road Glides they follow the natural flow

Old 04-27-2009, 04:00 PM
jhopwood
Intermediate

Jamesgarner - Just ordered one for my stardust silver 09 SERG and dealership said figure 10-12 weeks for delivery due to the paint requirement. Did yours take that long?
Also ordered the spoiler and LED courtesy light kit; saw both on another RG and liked them.
Jack H.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:20 PM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jhopwood
Jamesgarner - Just ordered one for my stardust silver 09 SERG and dealership said figure 10-12 weeks for delivery due to the paint requirement. Did yours take that long?
Also ordered the spoiler and LED courtesy light kit; saw both on another RG and liked them.
Jack H.
Jack:
It took 4-5 weeks to get mine. I didn't order the spoiler or LED lights, I saw them on a silver SERT and thought they looked great; I just didn't want to drill any holes in mine.

You may want to consider buying a different configuration for your antenna - I had to remove mine or drill the tour pak or find some other way to relocate it since it is in the way with the tour pak. I ordered a digital dakota hidden antenna that will be mounted inside the fairing. It's still on order.

The paint job on the silver SERG is amazing in direct sunlight - the photos do not do it justice! Have you given any thought about the catalytic converters - you'll see how much power they eat. The fix is easy and doesn't cost an arm and a leg and can be done by someone with limited mechanical skills like me.

You are going to love your SERG! The power, ride and handling are more like a sport bike that a touring bagger, far better than I expected. I got mine on 02/28 and just rolled over 4,000 miles. Riding it is an absolute joy!

Old 05-02-2009, 12:10 PM
jhopwood
Intermediate
Default Antenna Change

Jamesgarner - I've been on business travel and only now have time to respond. Thanks for your comments re chopped tour pack. I too ordered an antenna that mounts within fairing. Don't remember brand name of it, but cost ~$28 as I recall. When I spoke to another rider who had done the same thing he explained that his first "cheap" fairing mounted antenna didn't provide good reception; he subsequently upgraded it to a ~$100 version that he states now works well. Let me know how yours works out!

I have not considered the catalytic converter removal yet, but might at a later time.

Regards, Jack