Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

What do you think the 2010 CVO models will be?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Bumbobee
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What do you think the 2010 CVO models will be?

I'm thinking the return of the CVO Fatboy for sure, maybe a v-rod muscle, or a cross bones, what do you guys think? For sure a touring bike or 2.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:37 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The whole "CVO" thing is really a joke.
Let's look at it for what it really is..
They do nothing different than what any moron can do.. They simply shop their own catalog, bundle up a chrome package, some cute paint and maybe an untested BB kit and offer a decent price for all of that MoCo crap. I takes about 20 minutes on the toilet, a current accessories catalog, a pencil and a piece of notebook paper to do what those "CVO" guys do... Outsource the paint, assemble it at a "special" glossed up location and Violet'... you are a CVO designer.
How about actually developing something interesting guys..
I look at them as a lazy man's custom.

None of the models are really special, or have any heart. Sure they are sharp, anything beats the dull standard galvanized hardware and cheap stock cables, but it's nothing original, special or unique. Then to top it off, there's at least one duplicate 10 bikes down the block...

Does it really matter which models?
It'll be the predictable and great selling Ultra, probably the Fat Bob again. Another V-Rod to help prop up some relevancy the entire VRSC line up for another year, and maybe the Rocker because there really isn't anything left to throw the catalog at that hasn't already been done ten times before.......
I doubt the Springer since they wore that totally out.
I would be unique to see them introduce a totally new model as CVO model first, such as the Rocker. Then after a year or two, offer it as a regular model, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Last edited by George C; 12-02-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:52 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't liked the looks of one CVO that's come out. I agree you can shop the catalog and wind up with basically the same thing.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gunner11
I haven't liked the looks of one CVO that's come out. I agree you can shop the catalog and wind up with basically the same thing.
for the most part you can, but try adding up the price of all those parts, plus the "custom" paint (I say custom because you can't get it on ANY other harley) and then figure the price of a new bike.

I agree that there is really nothing unique about the CVO bikes that you couldn't duplicate out of the catalog (aside from the paint).
the real "value" in the CVO bikes is the price, as long as they have everything on them that you like........lol

Old 12-02-2008, 07:05 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Deuce Bigelow
for the most part you can, but try adding up the price of all those parts, plus the "custom" paint (I say custom because you can't get it on ANY other harley) and then figure the price of a new bike.

I agree that there is really nothing unique about the CVO bikes that you couldn't duplicate out of the catalog (aside from the paint).
the real "value" in the CVO bikes is the price, as long as they have everything on them that you like........lol
There's no doubt about that.
If you were to total up all of the accessories, it's probably about a 5K-6K discount.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

It's time for a Sportster CVO

Last edited by traveler; 12-03-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by George C
There's no doubt about that.
If you were to total up all of the accessories, it's probably about a 5K-6K discount.
yup...
the revolver wheels alone cost $2500.00

Old 12-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Bumbobee
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Obviously you can make a custom bike, anyone can, but I thought a selling factor for the CVO bikes was the price? I mean to chrome everything out and install the kits and stuff yourself, wouldn't you exceed the price limit? Also doesn't custom paint cost a ****load?

I personally like the CVO bikes and think they look great, and if you price out accessories and adding chrome etc on the customizer on the harley site, the price quickly because astronomical.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bumbobee
Obviously you can make a custom bike, anyone can, but I thought a selling factor for the CVO bikes was the price? I mean to chrome everything out and install the kits and stuff yourself, wouldn't you exceed the price limit? Also doesn't custom paint cost a ****load?

I personally like the CVO bikes and think they look great, and if you price out accessories and adding chrome etc on the customizer on the harley site, the price quickly because astronomical.
exactly...
that's the value of a CVO bike.

you couldn't build one yourself for the same price.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:59 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with that. I did all of my customizing and engine work before I took new delivery of my bike back in 06'. The bill was almost 4k above the price of the SE Fat Boy sitting on the floor. And, that was using my 15% discount.
Crazy I know, but I wanted something that incorporated some aftermarket parts.

The CVO bikes are a great deal, and their resale value reflects the acessories where mine will not. The problem I have is that they should have some exclusivity to them such as the model, wheels, rotors etc..

Quick Reply: What do you think the 2010 CVO models will be?