Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

What do you think the 2010 CVO models will be?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:03 PM
hdchit
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a CVO Dyna and I have to say I disagree with the comments of George C that all they are is a bunch of catalog parts installed on a standard bike. Some things that come to mind on my bike that are NOT in the catalog. Chrome Inverted front forks, 1.25" handlebars with built in risers and integral wiring, special handlebar mounted mini tach, special handlebar mounted speedo, custom paint job with color matched frame, special air cleaner cover, special battery box cover, special coil and brain box covers, special leather seat, special derby cover, etc. Although these may not sound like big ticket items exact duplicates of these parts are not available in the catalog. Although they are not true one up build bikes they are definitely not your every day Harley either and you don't see them on every street corner and of course you can still customize them to fit your personal taste. Had I bought a standard Lowrider I would have ended up customizing it in a similar fashion and it would have cost me thousands of dollars more in the long run. I know because I did it with my last Lowrider and got nothing for the accessories in resale value. So please before you call some one else's bike a joke please know what you are talking about first.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:56 PM
speedneeder
Advanced

Either way is good as long as you are happy with it. After all, I assume you buy your bike for yourself and not your neighbor... I bought a CVO new in 06 but still couldnt get the customizing bug out of me.

Attached Thumbnails What do you think the 2010 CVO models will be?-06-cvo-ultra-004-comp.jpg  
Old 02-11-2009, 03:00 PM
speedneeder
Advanced

different view

Attached Thumbnails What do you think the 2010 CVO models will be?-06-cvo-ultra-009-comp.jpg  
Old 02-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Open Road
Road Captain

I hope that they'll bring an 2010 Screamin Eagle Electra Glide again.....or a Screamn Eagle Street Glide. Hopefully the SE Ultra Classic has run it's course after four years.

I have a deposit and first right of refusal on a 2010 CVO as soon as the models are released.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:03 AM
1abastarsmda
Intermediate

Funny thing happened the other day. I was out with a friend for a ride. We stopped at the Harley dealer. I was on my 09 SE Ultra. He was on his 08 Ultra, which he has put $47,000 into already and still not done. Of course, he still has the stock paint, and no heated grips or seat, or upgraded wheels, or power locks, or hydraulic clutch, or oil cooler, or NAV system, etc. Dismissing the differences from 08 to 09 models though, our bikes were side by side, and a couple was going into the dealer. They stopped and started drooling over my bike. They didn't even know what a Screamin' Eagle was. All they knew was the bike was awesome looking and they just couldn't stop making nice comments about it. I was feeling bad for my friend that has so much into his, and I mentioned several times how many upgrades he did to his bike. Other than a quick glance over at his and then back to walking around my bike, they pretty much ignored his. He's beefed up the engine and put chrome front lowers on, all chrome handlebar controls, completely chromed the motor, all matching foot controls, polished rotors, painted inner fairing, and so on. I see all of the detail he has done, but someone that doesn't own that bike won't notice all of that, and I really think if he wants his bike to stand out, he needs a custom paint job too. He's finding out the hard way, that to turn his bike into a CVO (sort of) he's going to end up with around $60,000 into the bike. For me to add on a the few items he is putting on his, that don't come on the CVO, I'll have almost $40,000 into mine (that's including the exhaust, air, and tuner). He's gone this far, so he plans on continuing to upgrade his bike. After seeing his list of other changes to the bike, he gets a little upset when I mention more items that mine has that he still won't have after completing his list. Do I feel good about my decision to buy the CVO, rather than the standard Ultra and upgrade it...you betcha! I made that mistake on my RK and ended up losing my shirt when I traded it...I lost about $17,000 in just over a year. The CVO however won't lose value the same way, especially since all the stock accessories are included in the pricing and value of the bike. Yes, I would still lose money if I traded it in just over a year, but not even in the ballpark of $17,000.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:32 AM
DB10881
Cruiser

They must have recognized the fact that red is faster....

Old 02-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Open Road
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 1abastarsmda
Funny thing happened the other day. I was out with a friend for a ride. We stopped at the Harley dealer. I was on my 09 SE Ultra. He was on his 08 Ultra, which he has put $47,000 into already and still not done. Of course, he still has the stock paint, and no heated grips or seat, or upgraded wheels, or power locks, or hydraulic clutch, or oil cooler, or NAV system, etc. Dismissing the differences from 08 to 09 models though, our bikes were side by side, and a couple was going into the dealer. They stopped and started drooling over my bike. They didn't even know what a Screamin' Eagle was. All they knew was the bike was awesome looking and they just couldn't stop making nice comments about it. I was feeling bad for my friend that has so much into his, and I mentioned several times how many upgrades he did to his bike. Other than a quick glance over at his and then back to walking around my bike, they pretty much ignored his. He's beefed up the engine and put chrome front lowers on, all chrome handlebar controls, completely chromed the motor, all matching foot controls, polished rotors, painted inner fairing, and so on. I see all of the detail he has done, but someone that doesn't own that bike won't notice all of that, and I really think if he wants his bike to stand out, he needs a custom paint job too. He's finding out the hard way, that to turn his bike into a CVO (sort of) he's going to end up with around $60,000 into the bike. For me to add on a the few items he is putting on his, that don't come on the CVO, I'll have almost $40,000 into mine (that's including the exhaust, air, and tuner). He's gone this far, so he plans on continuing to upgrade his bike. After seeing his list of other changes to the bike, he gets a little upset when I mention more items that mine has that he still won't have after completing his list. Do I feel good about my decision to buy the CVO, rather than the standard Ultra and upgrade it...you betcha! I made that mistake on my RK and ended up losing my shirt when I traded it...I lost about $17,000 in just over a year. The CVO however won't lose value the same way, especially since all the stock accessories are included in the pricing and value of the bike. Yes, I would still lose money if I traded it in just over a year, but not even in the ballpark of $17,000.
I'm riding an 04 Screamin Eagle Electra Glide and my bike still gets all the attention when I'm riding with a pack of standard model Harleys.....it doesn't matter what model they are, either. A CVO just commands attention......even by those that don't even know motorcycles.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sure the Road Glide with have another year or two run. The Ultra is probably done after 4 years and will be replaced with the Street Glide. The masses have been screamin' for one for several years now. I think the Moco has made them wait long enough. Beyond that your guess is as good as mine. I would have never thought the Fat Bob would have an SE model in it's sophomore year.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:57 AM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by 1abastarsmda
I don't know how you get $47K into an Ultra and still have stock paint and wheels. My 08 MSRP was a little less than $22K. That would be $25K of add ons....something isn't right. Better have him double check his math...

Old 02-20-2009, 08:19 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How about $15,999 for a Sportster CVO with a 1250 hot rodded engine, 170 rear tire and some custom wheels with killer looking paint? That sounds pretty cool to me although in this economy, I couldnt see it being a big seller.

Then again, isn't this something similiar to the CVO Dyna that's been out for the last few years. A sweet looking bike but totally impractical....Just my .02.

Originally Posted by flyburch
anyone going to pay over 20 grand for a sportster cvo

Quick Reply: What do you think the 2010 CVO models will be?