Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

What do you think the 2010 CVO models will be?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 10:19 PM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with the guys who think the CVOs are a great deal. I have seen several that looked great and had all the chrome I could ask for plus the big cubes. I like the touring models but I've seen a couple Springers I really liked, too.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:15 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stratplexi
George C,

For years I just didn't get the whole CVO thing. But over time, I have kind of warmed up to it. The bikes are generally all tastefully done and a great starting point for further 'expression'. I don't quite agree with your point that the CVO line isn't really custom because its just an overload of the Harley catelogue. In fact, the CVO line is more custom than most Harleys. Most guys buy a Harley and add a few catelogue items and leave it at that. Very few actually create a custom bike if your definition is catelogue parts are not custom. I mean whats the difference between a Harley catelogue and a Drag Book or Custom Chrome. Most of it is just bolt on doo dads anyway. I don't see a big difference in Harley wheels and any other brand. Your bike has some aftermarket parts but I don't really see it as being more custom than any other bike with bolt ons. Again, do aftermarket parts out of a catelogue qualify as custom and Harley catelogue parts do not??? Perhaps the exception is your diamond cutting and the paint...but isn't the paint Harley paint??? Don't get me wrong, your bike is awesome. Probably the best looking Train I have seen.

Back to my other point. Look at the CVO line. They have been somewhat custom. For example, the new Springer has a 240 rear. The Fatboy had a 200 rear before any other Softails. The new Road Glide has extended bags and a lowered front fender. All of this is unique to the CVO line. Not to mention the granite finish on the motors is unique.

When I go to bike night there might be 1500 or so bikes and almost all of them are Harleys. I may see 1 or 2 CVO bikes in all of them. You might see 1 Ultra and maybe a CVO Fatty or something. On the other hand, you see maybe 150 Ultras and maybe the same or more Fatboys. Yeah, many of them have different wheels or different chrome doo dads but in the end they are all basically the same. You see very few that have truly one off custom work.

I agree that a Harley is a great way to express ones tastes and they are basically toys. I think this same principle applies to the CVO line up. Most guys change exhausts, add a few more accessories, etc. on them too. The advantage is they already have most of the chrome doo dads the rest of us end up buying anyway and they save some $$$ over what some of us spend on a non CVO bike.

Would I buy one? I doubt I would buy one new. I might buy one used some day. I have spent enough on my Softail that I should have just bought a CVO bike and been done. If I had it to do over I probably would have.

My Ultra is for traveling so I am trying to limit how much I spend on it. When traveling th bike just gets trashed out with the weather and I would have a hard time touring on a CVO Ultra that costs $36K. I am too **** and would worry about it too much. With a lightly modified Ultra I don't worry as much.

Maybe they aren't a true custom since they make a few thousand of them each year. But they are fairly rare compared to the sea of Harleys out there and they offer a good bang for the buck. I have almost talked myself into one....

I can't argue with that...

Old 12-28-2008, 05:34 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That is one of the advantages of having a CVO model, it is easy to locate your bike when it is parked with a large number of stock Harleys.
Tom

Old 01-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Dunwurkin
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian...

Originally Posted by Bumbobee
Running into other CVO's? I don't think so, not in Canada lol. Apperently there are like 6-7 CVO's of each in the entire country, if I had a CVO Id actually be happy running into someone with the same bike as me
Being a Canadian and new 09 SERG owner I can say that my dealership had 2 CVO Road Glides for sale and after being on a list for 3 years, was lucky to get one. I had an 06 RG but realized that to get everything I wanted eventually, would have cost far more. This is the bike of my dreams. I like that it is one of approx. 3000 world-wide and only 1000 in my silver/titanium colour. I'm happy... and that is all that matters to any Harley owner. Can't wait for spring!

Old 01-21-2009, 11:40 PM
HighriderUSA
Cruiser

I have been pondering what could the MoCo come up with to spur sales.

1. Reintroduce the Springer FXSTSI with the new rear end, but with the stock motor and chrome front end. It will look " Killer" in Black

2. Introduce the FXSTC as a SE edition utilizing the new rear softtail end and an inverted raked front end and a 21" up front AND if that don't cut it put that concept out with a stock motor. Lets face it they have to spice up their bikes and the all the Rockers, CrossBones and Vrods in the world ain't gonna do it

3. Put the VROD in a SE edition RoadGlide design, they might actually sell those

Old 01-22-2009, 08:46 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
It's time for a Sportster CVO
+1 A CVO Sportster would be the bomb.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Never happen.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:12 PM
BMF-110
Novice

Can't beat the CVO deal!

Old 01-30-2009, 10:26 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

Well I finally saw a 09 CVO Springer at my dealer. It was the blue one. All I can say is the internet pics do not do this bike justice. It looks like a piece of art or a show bike. The 240 and rear fender kills. The paint kills. I love the grind flames and the painted headlight bucket. Anyway, the only thing I would have preffered is that HD had kept the 21" front wheel. But that is just a personal preference and most folks probably go the other way.

My guess is this is the last year for the CVO Springer. I mean what else can they possible do to it? They will probably offer a version in the stock lineup for 2010 with that 240.

You might see a CVO Rocker next year to help spur sales.

Anyway, I still haven't seen the 09 CVO Ultra.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:36 PM
speedkillsu2
Advanced
Thumbs up

A CVO Rocker would definately spur sales! You can bet I would buy one!

Quick Reply: What do you think the 2010 CVO models will be?