Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

What do you think the 2010 CVO models will be?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 08:31 PM
nightrider87
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mstng5point0
I think its time they do a nightster, night train, street glide, and street bob. If not a night train then a fat boy. There is something about at fat boy that says bad @$$. If i had to pick one i would say the street glide tho. Have they ever done one yet?

corect me if im wrong but i dont think there has ever been a screamin eagle night train, and there probably never will be, cause the CVO models are all about chrome, and night trains are bad in black.

Originally Posted by Deuce Bigelow
LOL
you're paying more than 15k for any harley, unless you buy a sportster...
my dad has a 2006 v-rod, i have 2007 night train, and my wife has a 2008 low rider all under $15k

Last edited by nightrider87; 12-10-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:04 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll never see a CVO Night Train.
Are you really going to expect a customer to pay 26K for powdercoat?
I don't think so.
I know there are a bunch of guys who are in to the black powdercoat/ceramic look, but it's not mainstream.
Chrome sells, and chrome is not a fad..

Old 12-18-2008, 01:20 PM
old95
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by George C
The whole "CVO" thing is really a joke.
Let's look at it for what it really is..
They do nothing different than what any moron can do.. They simply shop their own catalog, bundle up a chrome package, some cute paint and maybe an untested BB kit and offer a decent price for all of that MoCo crap. I takes about 20 minutes on the toilet, a current accessories catalog, a pencil and a piece of notebook paper to do what those "CVO" guys do... Outsource the paint, assemble it at a "special" glossed up location and Violet'... you are a CVO designer.
How about actually developing something interesting guys..
I look at them as a lazy man's custom.

None of the models are really special, or have any heart. Sure they are sharp, anything beats the dull standard galvanized hardware and cheap stock cables, but it's nothing original, special or unique. Then to top it off, there's at least one duplicate 10 bikes down the block...

Does it really matter which models?
It'll be the predictable and great selling Ultra, probably the Fat Bob again. Another V-Rod to help prop up some relevancy the entire VRSC line up for another year, and maybe the Rocker because there really isn't anything left to throw the catalog at that hasn't already been done ten times before.......
I doubt the Springer since they wore that totally out.
I would be unique to see them introduce a totally new model as CVO model first, such as the Rocker. Then after a year or two, offer it as a regular model, but I doubt that will ever happen.
You are a guy that so very badly wants one but either can not afford one or is not willing to fork over the $$$$ for one, tell you what, 4 to 5 years from now when we both trade you will have to EAT ever penny you spent on your bike because those additions will not add a penny to it's value, I will not. Besides if you do not like CVO bikes.... why are you over here bashing them, go play in the traffic bub. Just call me a Lazy man with a CVO.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO, the CVO bikes are a real deal.
Possibly any moron could buy all the chrome etc. and put it on, but it is way easier and more practical to buy the bike already done.
The engine needs some work, but it is a way better place to start than an 88" or a 96", provided the MOCO has sorted out the issues they were having with the first 110" engines.
Being that I am one of those morons, I can say from first hand experience, the CVO bikes are way more practical and, and this is a really big AND, the CVO bikes hold there value WAY,WAY better than the regular line bikes.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:46 PM
lanceropolis
Tourer

Originally Posted by George C
The whole "CVO" thing is really a joke.
Let's look at it for what it really is..
They do nothing different than what any moron can do.. They simply shop their own catalog, bundle up a chrome package, some cute paint and maybe an untested BB kit and offer a decent price for all of that MoCo crap. I takes about 20 minutes on the toilet, a current accessories catalog, a pencil and a piece of notebook paper to do what those "CVO" guys do... Outsource the paint, assemble it at a "special" glossed up location and Violet'... you are a CVO designer.
How about actually developing something interesting guys..
I look at them as a lazy man's custom.

None of the models are really special, or have any heart. Sure they are sharp, anything beats the dull standard galvanized hardware and cheap stock cables, but it's nothing original, special or unique. Then to top it off, there's at least one duplicate 10 bikes down the block...

Does it really matter which models?
It'll be the predictable and great selling Ultra, probably the Fat Bob again. Another V-Rod to help prop up some relevancy the entire VRSC line up for another year, and maybe the Rocker because there really isn't anything left to throw the catalog at that hasn't already been done ten times before.......
I doubt the Springer since they wore that totally out.
I would be unique to see them introduce a totally new model as CVO model first, such as the Rocker. Then after a year or two, offer it as a regular model, but I doubt that will ever happen.
So you are saying you like it then, right?

Old 12-18-2008, 09:04 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by old95
You are a guy that so very badly wants one but either can not afford one or is not willing to fork over the $$$$ for one, tell you what, 4 to 5 years from now when we both trade you will have to EAT ever penny you spent on your bike because those additions will not add a penny to it's value, I will not. Besides if you do not like CVO bikes.... why are you over here bashing them, go play in the traffic bub. Just call me a Lazy man with a CVO.

Are you serious?

First, I'm not bashing anything. I'm just examining the "CVO" thing..
It's a nice idea and a nice, and some cases "great" looking bike, but it is what it is.. I personally have no problem with that, but don't attach the word "custom" to it. That's where the confusion lays... Why challenge or be offended by that? It's still an extremely sweet buy for what you get in return, a GREAT buy..... One of my best friends owns a red 07' FXSTSSE. The bike is gorgeous with awesome paint, but it pisses him off everytime we go to a meet and he sees a few more just like it. I think a Harley is every man's form of personal expression, and that's what I wanted for my bike, and not acute MoCo overload to the max.. It's mine, and not 2000 just like it. That's my problem. If you accept that, then we're all good.

Second, you have no idea what I make, or what I can afford to **** away on a toy. So what's with the personal insult? If you think you're "The Donald" because you own a 25K CVO, well, to even make that statement says a lot.. Let me give you a tip, don't get into performance boating or race cars.. That crap defines the term....
Half of the bikes on this board that are nicely customized with high performance builds probably cost 8K-10K more than a CVO. I am sure thousands like me can attest to that. What that buys is lots of aftermarket performance and custom parts and pieces along with a whole lot of fun putting together.

If you are worried about resale value, then you have no business customizing a Harley in the first place. In fact, you have no business buying any Harley.. I knew I was going to pee away every cent, but I really look at it as a toy, and not as a, cough, cough... investment.
I just pissed away another chunk of change on a new air ride suspension. Do you thing that's going to add one cent in resale?
I think not, but it's going to ride sweet when two up, and it's going to look great slammed when parked.

Here, I'll toss in a picture of my bike for you to cut up or throw darts at.

Last edited by George C; 12-18-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:17 PM
ky_ace
Road Master

Originally Posted by red devil
I agree that the cvo's are a good deal. But when I look at the screaming eagles I thought they would be chromed out but there not. I was looking at a '08 dyna a while back and noticed the inner primary and brake calipers weren't chromed. Although not a big deal I would of thought everything would be chromed. I have quite a few $$$ in my dyna but it still came under the cheapest cvo price of $25'000. Although I don't have a custom paint job my bike has more chrome,better brakes,and about 10 more hp & tq than the stock cvo for about $3000 less. I think HD should make the cvo's more of a custom bike with the customer picking the accessories and paint along with options on motors with different performance packages. I'm not knocking anyone that has a cvo but I bet since you bought yours have you changed anything like pipes or different accessories or maybe even upgraded the motor? IMO With price tags that start at $25'000 I would want the bike the way I wanted it and not what the moco thinks I want.
Do you realize how impossible your request is? The CVO bikes are built start to finish by one person at a rate of 10-15 per day, per line. There would be ENDLESS supply issues is you could choose EVERYTHING that goes into the bike. That would require at least another 10-12 head count to be able to assemble the kit (all your OPTIONS) and ship it to the plant. Everything would have to come in sequenced, and the entire process would double in time required. Harley is a manufacturer, not a custom builder. If you want to pick your own paint, ENGINE, grips, brakes, wheels, etc. then you need to discuss that with a custom bike builder that builds 10 bikes per year instead of 10-15 per day.

BM

Old 12-18-2008, 09:27 PM
ky_ace
Road Master

Originally Posted by 1abastarsmda
i think what people here are asking for is totally unrealistic. If you want a totally custom bike, you go to a custom bike builder and to get what you get with a cvo, plus the other items you want, you will pay an extremely higher price tag. Harley is a large company and they are building about 4000 of each of these models. Do you know any truly custom bike builders that could put out 4000 of any one model in a year? Of course not. What you are asking for is to have harley customize each bike to your particular tastes, but that's what you do when you get a bike. You are either happy with the given equipment or you make changes to it. Admittedly, when you buy a car, you can special order it, with certain options or option packages. I'm sure that we would all like to be able to do that, but the fact is the cvo's sell and they are in demand, and difficult to find. Harley can't keep up with the demand for them as it is. As you may have noticed, the economy is not doing real great at this point in time, and harley is not in the best shape either. Sales are way down, and money is tight everywhere. Harley has not been able to make their process to work in the way that we would all like, but again, given the current economic situation, i don't see the company bringing in enough money to fund this type of change to their operation an any time in the near future.

I would like to be able to order a bike with a chrome engine package, and chrome controls package, etc. But...think about how many different choices you have when it comes to these items. For just about any part, there are so many choices out there to choose from, and they wouldn't be available if people weren't buying them. The moco is in business to make a profit. They offer the cvo's, which are a special bike in relationship to the rest of their lineup. On my 2007 road king classic, i had about $34,000 into it and never got to upgrading from the 96" motor. I could have put another $10,000 into it with the engine upgrades and changes to wheels, and more, and still not had a bike that i would have been as happy with as the cvo comparable. I now have an 09 se ultra, and i have priced out many of the options on it that don't come on the standard ultra. I hit $50,000 in about 15 minutes of researching, and didn't even begin to hit everything that is an upgrade to the standard model. If you are someone like myself, that likes to really deck out your bike, you are given a chance to start at an extremely well appointed bike, or just be perfectly content with the way it comes stock and still have a real nice bike. Again, the moco is in business to make a profit, and guess what...they make a lot of profit by us customizing our bikes with the individual parts we buy. They make more selling these parts, than what they could if they put them on the bike from the factory. Do you think they don't know that their stock seats suck, or that the black cables don't look as nice as chrome, or that the stock floorboards don't look as nice as the many different collections they make available? Of course they know, and they count on us to buy those parts as add-ons so they can make money.

Believe me, i thought many times about buying a standard ultra, but everytime i got that thought, i started adding up all the things that were must haves to me, and everytime, i ended up with a bike costing leaps and bounds beyond the cvo, just getting the parts that were upgrades on the cvo compared to the standard. I have lots of things that i want to do to my cvo, but i dn't have to worry about those big dollar items that are already there. I can concentrate on the details that makes the bike mine and mine only. I just happen to think the cvo's are a fantastic value for someone like myself. If you don't like what is offered, don't buy a cvo, because you are just making it more difficult for those of us that do appreciate them to find them available. If you aren't happy with harley, don't buy one. Don't plan on buying a honda, or yamaha, or suzuki, or kawasaki, or any other bike from a large company, because you won't be happy. They all sell accessories too, and if you want those accessories, you will have to purchase them and put them on after you buy your bike. With all of that said, i don't expect this to go without some contrary responses, but you know what? I'm lovin' my new cvo ultra and you can't convince me otherwise.
well said....

Bm

Old 12-18-2008, 09:44 PM
ky_ace
Road Master

on top of all the accessories you get that you can buy, you also get a color matched frame that I guarantee would cost a shiny few thousand pennies to replicate. On average about 3000-4000 bikes produced in three color combos. That means you are really only dealing with about 1000-1333.333333 bikes that are built in the color you buy. Consider all those bikes are spread around the states AND abroad, you almost have to figure that you aren't going to pull up to the bar and see 5 bikes that match yours (like you will a black heritage or ANY street glide)

BM

Old 12-18-2008, 09:59 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ky_ace
on top of all the accessories you get that you can buy, you also get a color matched frame that I guarantee would cost a shiny few thousand pennies to replicate. On average about 3000-4000 bikes produced in three color combos. That means you are really only dealing with about 1000-1333.333333 bikes that are built in the color you buy. Consider all those bikes are spread around the states AND abroad, you almost have to figure that you aren't going to pull up to the bar and see 5 bikes that match yours (like you will a black heritage or ANY street glide)

BM

I can tell you that the best part of the CVO is the color frame. I can also say that if I ever join the bagger crowd some day, it'll be a CVO Ultra simple because I don't have the ambition to even take on a bagger to customize. It would cost me silly dollars, and I don't want to begin to open that door because it will never close.

But I disagree with the point about a Black Heritage or any Street Glide.
Unless it's totally bone stock, every one will be customized to the owners liking, and will be different.

Quick Reply: What do you think the 2010 CVO models will be?