Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

What do you think the 2010 CVO models will be?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 07:22 AM
dyna105SE
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the CVO Dyna because there was no way I was going to be able to afford to do everything that bike has on it after market for the price that I paid. I was going to get a rocker with a 110 CI upgrade but that would have come been more expensive then the CVO Dyna. I believe that I have a better starting point in the Dyna then getting a basic model

Old 12-03-2008, 11:51 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by George C
I agree with that. I did all of my customizing and engine work before I took new delivery of my bike back in 06'. The bill was almost 4k above the price of the SE Fat Boy sitting on the floor. And, that was using my 15% discount.
Crazy I know, but I wanted something that incorporated some aftermarket parts.

The CVO bikes are a great deal, and their resale value reflects the acessories where mine will not. The problem I have is that they should have some exclusivity to them such as the model, wheels, rotors etc..
I agree that the cvo's are a good deal. But when I look at the screaming eagles I thought they would be chromed out but there not. I was looking at a '08 dyna a while back and noticed the inner primary and brake calipers weren't chromed. Although not a big deal I would of thought everything would be chromed. I have quite a few $$$ in my dyna but it still came under the cheapest cvo price of $25'000. Although I don't have a custom paint job my bike has more chrome,better brakes,and about 10 more hp & tq than the stock cvo for about $3000 less. I think HD should make the cvo's more of a custom bike with the customer picking the accessories and paint along with options on motors with different performance packages. I'm not knocking anyone that has a cvo but I bet since you bought yours have you changed anything like pipes or different accessories or maybe even upgraded the motor? IMO With price tags that start at $25'000 I would want the bike the way I wanted it and not what the moco thinks I want.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Mr D
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Tri-Glide for sure as a CVO

Old 12-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Harley Guy
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumbobee
Obviously you can make a custom bike, anyone can, but I thought a selling factor for the CVO bikes was the price? I mean to chrome everything out and install the kits and stuff yourself, wouldn't you exceed the price limit? Also doesn't custom paint cost a ****load?

I personally like the CVO bikes and think they look great, and if you price out accessories and adding chrome etc on the customizer on the harley site, the price quickly because astronomical.

I agree absoultely.........

Old 12-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by red devil
I agree that the cvo's are a good deal. But when I look at the screaming eagles I thought they would be chromed out but there not. I was looking at a '08 dyna a while back and noticed the inner primary and brake calipers weren't chromed. Although not a big deal I would of thought everything would be chromed. I have quite a few $$$ in my dyna but it still came under the cheapest cvo price of $25'000. Although I don't have a custom paint job my bike has more chrome,better brakes,and about 10 more hp & tq than the stock cvo for about $3000 less. I think HD should make the cvo's more of a custom bike with the customer picking the accessories and paint along with options on motors with different performance packages. I'm not knocking anyone that has a cvo but I bet since you bought yours have you changed anything like pipes or different accessories or maybe even upgraded the motor? IMO With price tags that start at $25'000 I would want the bike the way I wanted it and not what the moco thinks I want.

The bike WAS the way I wanted it stock, I only added a few things that ANYBODY would add to ANY bike.

I added pipes (the same pipes I would have put on ANY bike that I bought)
different seat (would have changed the seat on ANY other bike I bought)
installed the TTS Mastertune software (would have had to do that to ANY HD that I bought)
installed the softail custom sissybar (would have bought a sissybar for ANY other HD I bought).

I do think they could have some options available on the CVO bikes like different handlebar options, and different seat options just to make the bike fit the rider better and still have the "special" CVO only parts on it.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:52 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
It's time for a Sportster CVO
bump

Old 12-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Bumbobee
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2009 CVO bikes, especially the Fat Bob and Springer seem to have really comfortable seats, also the leather is nice on them. I don't think Id swap them out for a custom seat.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:00 PM
HighriderUSA
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting comments, but somehow, I don't see many riders these days changing parts themelves, they pay for some one else to do it. ( at least 90% of all the riders I know do)

The CVOs are like a Corvette is to a chevy, most people would like one, BUT, most people cannot afford one.

I will admit that the MoCo does do a nicer job each year. The 09 Springer is just gorgeous,

As for forecasting, I hope a FXSTC comes out next year, but I really hope the 96cc is replaced with either a 103cc or a 110cc as the stock power plant and take the CVOs to say a 454 cu in

Old 12-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

I'll not buy a new Harley. Prices are way too high and you can't work on them without special electronic tools.
I will buy used or just rebuild the one I have now.
After all, they all ride about the same and the old carb ones are relative easy to work on.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumbobee
The 2009 CVO bikes, especially the Fat Bob and Springer seem to have really comfortable seats, also the leather is nice on them. I don't think Id swap them out for a custom seat.
that may be so, but try riding on the stock seat on my '07, it's like sitting on a brick!

Quick Reply: What do you think the 2010 CVO models will be?