Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

07 SE RDKG Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 10:07 AM
RoaddogJack
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 SE RDKG Exhaust

I have a 2007 HD SE Roadking (110ci). I have been unable to decide exactly which exhaust system I want with the amount of options on the market today. This is the reason for my posting. I would like to get information from anyone that wants to weigh in. I need your help.

With any option I intend on using HD’s SE Race Tuner simply because Harley is so adamant about the product vs. the competition. Option number (1) Rhinehart Slip-ons with Klockworks (KW) true dual (TD) headers. I prefer the design of the header compared to standard TD design by Rhinehart or Vance and Hines (V&H). Option number (2) use Rhinehart, V&H, D&D or Hooker Slip-on exhaust with a TD set up. I have heard many systems and really like all mentioned above but I have experience with V&H on a 95ci set up, I was very happy. I’ve compared dyno charts found on the different systems and Rhinehart looks to be the highest at max RPM. I want the best performance in the 2000 to 4000 RPM range too.

Another issue that I have questions about is bluing. A friend who owns a 2007 HD Roadking Classic put V&H ovals on his bike after the company told him that b/c of the engine size (96ci) the original slip-ons would blue. Another friend owns a 2003 SE Roadking (103ci) he has the original V&H slip-ons as did I on my 2004 and neither of us had a problem with bluing.

Please let me know what you think. I appreciate your time and assistance.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:43 PM
KozyK
5th Gear
Default RE: 07 SE RDKG Exhaust

I installed V&H true two big shots on my SERK a year ago last Feb when they first came out. Use the V&H Fuekl Pak and am about to dump the whole system. They sound awesome. They run well but I have blown upper and lower piston gaskets every 6000 miles since I installed the system. The front heat shield has been replaced because the mounting brackets all broke off. V&H did replace it for free even though the system was almost a year old. Love the sound and the profile look but these gasket leaks are kicking my ***.
Ride all year round in SoCal. Have 20,000+ on my bike. Ride hard and fast on the freeways and country roads.
HAS ANYBODY TOPPED 114 MPH?
HD has been great about replacing the cylinders so far. They even went as far as to replace the motor in three days when she first started leaking at 6,000 miles.Counting those two ,I have had six cylinders installed on my bike. Beats wiping them down!!!!! Still have the stock system but think true twos are the way to go. Stay away from slip ons.
Good riding and LOUD PIPES DO SAVE LIVES!

Old 04-26-2008, 06:48 PM
JOKOOL
Stage IV

I have an '07 SEUC. Last fall I installed the V&H 2 into 1 Pro-Pipe BP along with their Fuelpak and am very satisfied! (hi-flow air filter also required) I also came here for advice and I think I got all the information I needed. It may not be the set-up you are looking for, but from my understanding 2 into 1 is supposed to give the best performance increase. I thought long and hard about that damn race tuner from HD, along with the frickin' min. 3 hours of dyno time and decided to flush that idea! If you are not doing any other major engine mods, like cams and such, my personal experience and everything I read says the fuelpak works just fine. Again, just my 2 cents worth--Good Luck with whatever route you go!

Old 04-26-2008, 07:01 PM
sfarson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JSA... Have owned many H-D's over the years. Practically every exhaust system... full, 2-2, 2-1, different brands, etc. Went with the Supertrapp SE's slip-ons for the '07 SERK. Bagger Magazine rated them tops. Been 16 months now and would get them again without hesitation. Deep and low exhaust note. No bluing. Did not mod the intake for the SERK already comes with a freer breathing filter. The H-D FI adjusted to the slip-on only change just fine. Didn't have to PCIII or SERT it. As magazine tests have shown, H-D header pipesare quite optimized and efficient nowadays. I remember one review noting how full pipe systems delivered a few extra HP's at stratospheric RPMs but did so at the expense of midrange, where most riders live and ride.

Have had zero problems with the bike and it hauls everywhere as I chase sportbikes. Oh, and I mostly ride sport/race bikes.You didn't note this exhaust but mentioning it FWIW. Many are very excellent and it almost comes down to what you subjectively want. Token pic of them...

Old 05-04-2008, 02:33 PM
RoaddogJack
Stage III

sfarson,

Thank you for your reply. I'm still looking, researching. What do you know about Bub 7's? Looking at going that route instead of RHTD's. Thanks

Old 05-05-2008, 05:05 PM
sfarson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roaddog... Don't know much about Bub 7's but do know most aftermarket exhausts for H-D's are excellent. If you like what it offers I'd go for it.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:56 AM
RoaddogJack
Stage III

I contacted "Bub" yesterday to get information on my exhaust question. The below response is posted for your review. (Not much more information then already discussed).

The BUB 7 & Rinehart are very similar in performance, the differences being in looks and sound. The BUB 7 will be a little quieter compared to the Rinehart system. The BUB 7 has an adjustable slash cut chrome end cap vs the black Teflon coated Rinehart cap(optional chrome is available). There is not any single ECM that we recommend as there are many available, each with pros and cons. When we are running Dyno testing we usually have an Power Commander III and a hi-Flow filter installed.