Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Which is better SERT or Power Comander?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 11:07 PM
VRODPAUL13
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is better SERT or Power Comander?

Hey Guys,
I have a 05 VRSCSE and want to add a SERT or a PC and I am not sure which one works better. I have heard conflicting reports. So help me out. What do you have and how has it help you. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:42 AM
drogers
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which is better SERT or Power Comander?

I've been riding Jap sport bikes,and drag bikes for years and a Power Comander was it.However,with my Harley I went with what my HD dealer knows and is familiar with when tuning on the dyno.I even sold my Kawi ZX 12 to the finance manager and made him a deal on my uninstalled Power Comander,but he strongly suggested I go with the SERT with my Harley.Can't swear by it,but the SERT seems to be the way to go when I looked into it.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:58 AM
skyhook
Tourer

either power commander or race tuner will work fine...the trick is to find the best tuner in your area and ask him which device he likes to use

Old 12-29-2007, 09:57 PM
mike70
Advanced

If your concerned about warranty Power Commander is the way to go, SERT voids HD warranty even though it's an HD product...if your not conerned about warranty they're both great.

Mike

Old 12-29-2007, 11:21 PM
drogers
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mike70

If your concerned about warranty Power Commander is the way to go, SERT voids HD warranty even though it's an HD product...if your not conerned about warranty they're both great.

Mike
Huh ??

Old 12-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a PCIII and it works great.
Having to do it all over again, I would go with the Thundermax with autotune.
Bike runs great now, but I have to figure in nearly $400 for a new tune with any change I want to make.
This severely affects my budget and has prevented me from making changes.

I tried tuning the PCIII myself and did pretty well, but the pro tune made a huge difference over what I thought was pretty good.

Sert would be roughly the same. More features in the SERT, but its probably wasted on most people.

Some people don't like that the PCIII is an add on device and could fail. Others don't like that the SERT changes your ECU programming and there is no way to 'fake' it back to original. SERT is married to your ECU, so no selling it unless you sell the ECU with it. PCIII just unplugs and you are back to stock. You can sell it later if you change your mind or sell the bike.

You wont go wrong with either.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:19 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

Looks like the PC III for the 08 touring bikes is out. Those of you with experience with this device, would it be overkill to use it just to cool down an 08 110 motor??

Old 12-30-2007, 10:08 PM
mike70
Advanced

...it's just what you need to make it a better bike. They should come stock with the PCIII.

Mike

Old 01-04-2008, 06:16 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Which is better SERT or Power Commander?

ORIGINAL: mike70

If your concerned about warranty Power Commander is the way to go, SERT voids HD warranty even though it's an HD product...if your not concerned about warranty they're both great.

Mike
FALSE.....

After some discussion with the warranty personal at my local dealer, I was assured that there would be no effect on either my HD new bike warranty, or my HD extended warranty, because there is no way to definitively say that any component of the engine that fails could be directly attributed to the installation of a SERT that has been installed correctly and dyno tuned correctly. If the part fails...it would have failed with or without the SERT. I keep all my engine work under one roof, and the guy who does my dyno tuning knows me well and knows how I ride. I dont abuse my bikes, but I do ride them. As long as something is not installed "out of house" and that item causes a failure of one or more engine parts....the warranty will remain in force.....at least at the dealership I use.......YMMV.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:46 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Which is better SERT or Power Commander?

Thundermax Autotune NO COMPARISON !!!

Quick Reply: Which is better SERT or Power Comander?