Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Two up on a SE Springer

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Older Guy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two up on a SE Springer

I am an older and short guy 5,7in.I have had two ultras a 2000 and 2003. In 2005 I got tired of all the weight with the ultras and bought a 2005 Softail Deluxe. Loved it. I liked how low it sat and the way it handled. My wife liked it better then the ultras, she liked sitting on the bike and not in it like the ultras. The draw back was the I missed the air ride of the ultra and and comfort when riding the interstates. Anyway I sat on and test rode a SG. It seems to fit me,low seat, and the whole bike just seems lower and does noot seem top heavy like the ultras. I put one on order. Dealer does not know when it will be comming. I am still thinking do I realy want to go back to a bigger bike? Then I looked at the SE Springer and my ? is can a backrest ,wider rear seat and small bags be put onthis bike.? I ride 2 up 95% of the time. Will it ride as well as my Deluxe? I have sold the Deluxe so I must buy a bike soon.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Steelknee57
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Two up on a SE Springer

I'm pretty sure you can add bags andrear suspension andeverything else to your springer.As far as two up on it, I'm a bigger guy at 6'2 220lbs. and my wife and I had great road trips on my '03Heritage.I thought that it was wonderfully comfortable on the interstate.
My wife really likes the comfort of the touring seat on Road King that we have now, but she never had any complaints about the softail.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Older Guy
Tourer

Thaks for the info, I feel the same way. but I thought the bigger bike with air ride would be more comforable for my wife. Just hope I can handle the bigger bike.Do either the SE rK or springer come with pass floor boards?
Bandit

Old 12-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Steelknee57
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. Harley sells 'em......

Old 12-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Scott Preston
Intermediate

I ride two-up on my '08 FXSTSSE almost all the time. When we go on longer (200 mile in a day) rides my girlfriend some times uses a small gel pad andshe is pretty happy with it. I think for a very extended 6-8 hour a day everyday for weeks she'd like a wider seat, but other than that we are really happy with the bike. The bags are Iron Bullet, they have several sizes available depending on your pipes. Hope this helps...
Scott

[IMG]local://upfiles/30909/7F654C10B216415D96D91307CEC9DB05.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

You would be better off sticking withthe Street Glide rather than getting a CVO Springer andspending the $$$and making it a touring bike (bags, windshield, seat, etc.). Better yet, get a SERK if you want a bigger engine. The SERK has to be one of the best bikes that the MoCo has produced. I have a 06' Road King and a CVO Springer. While the Springer can easily handle 2-up riding, the Road King get's you there in style and comfort.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Older Guy
Tourer

You are so right, I am going to stay with the SG,I thought about the SERK or even a reg RK, but I like the lower seat on the SG.
Thanks Bandit

Old 01-29-2008, 06:49 PM
shekmark
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Scott, how do the sissy bar and bags attach on your springer?Are they easily removable? How about the wind screen, is it removable?

Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

ORIGINAL: shekmark

Scott, how do the sissy bar and bags attach on your springer?Are they easily removable? How about the wind screen, is it removable?
Yea, I'm diggin that stuff too. Would be nice to havefor a longer trip and take it off for short and local trips.
Looks Good as well, Not too much but jus enough.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I put the softail custom sissybar and luggage rack on mine, and I bought a bag to fit on the luggagae rack.

Quick Reply: Two up on a SE Springer