Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

RottenRoger! Here are your pics of the 08 FLHRSE4 Road King...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 10:03 PM
quint
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RottenRoger! Here are your pics of the 08 FLHRSE4 Road King...

ORIGINAL: Blueslover

Q....you might consider or give a call to John at Clearview Shields...they can make you a windshield to fit the bracketry on the SERK which will be a bit cheaper than buying the whole shooting match. Clearview shields are great products...the recurve makes a HUGE difference, making the shield effectively 2 inches taller. John can help you determine the proper heightshield to order. It is a high quality product, much thicker than the HD stuff. Everyone I know who's tried one loves it.... a person should really never look through a windshield on a bike IMO, but just over the top, making the shield about nose high or less when sitting in riding position. I have one on my SEUC and wouldn't have any other shield from this point forward.

WindVest is another excellent product.
Blues, thanks for the tip. I think I will do that. The standard deflector is a joke. It looks good though.

I've decided to pull the trigger on a set of Rinehart TDs, teh SERT and a dyno tune this friday. Forget about the standard pipes. Forget about V&H slip-ons. Forget about even a set of slip-ons with a canned download. I've bitten the bullet and I'm getting the whole shooting match. The sound of the standard bike leaves a lot to be desired. Here's this awesome looking, brand new FLHRSE4, and when you start it, it sounds like mouse farts. When you gas it, it sounds like cat farts, and when its full throttle, it sounds like dog farts (sorry for the gross analogy). But it sure as hell doesn't sound like a Harley should.

I'll make sure I get two things: the dyno print-out, and a soft copy of the map. If anyone wants the map, let me know. I live in Las Vegas. The elevation here is about 2,000 ft, so it's not going to be optimized for sea level or any mountain zones. But the offer still stands. I'll let you know how it all goes.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Blueslover
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RottenRoger! Here are your pics of the 08 FLHRSE4 Road King...

ORIGINAL: quint

ORIGINAL: Blueslover

Q....you might consider or give a call to John at Clearview Shields...they can make you a windshield to fit the bracketry on the SERK which will be a bit cheaper than buying the whole shooting match. Clearview shields are great products...the recurve makes a HUGE difference, making the shield effectively 2 inches taller. John can help you determine the proper heightshield to order. It is a high quality product, much thicker than the HD stuff. Everyone I know who's tried one loves it.... a person should really never look through a windshield on a bike IMO, but just over the top, making the shield about nose high or less when sitting in riding position. I have one on my SEUC and wouldn't have any other shield from this point forward.

WindVest is another excellent product.
Blues, thanks for the tip. I think I will do that. The standard deflector is a joke. It looks good though.

I've decided to pull the trigger on a set of Rinehart TDs, teh SERT and a dyno tune this friday. Forget about the standard pipes. Forget about V&H slip-ons. Forget about even a set of slip-ons with a canned download. I've bitten the bullet and I'm getting the whole shooting match. The sound of the standard bike leaves a lot to be desired. Here's this awesome looking, brand new FLHRSE4, and when you start it, it sounds like mouse farts. When you gas it, it sounds like cat farts, and when its full throttle, it sounds like dog farts (sorry for the gross analogy). But it sure as hell doesn't sound like a Harley should.

I'll make sure I get two things: the dyno print-out, and a soft copy of the map. If anyone wants the map, let me know. I live in Las Vegas. The elevation here is about 2,000 ft, so it's not going to be optimized for sea level or any mountain zones. But the offer still stands. I'll let you know how it all goes.
Q...IMO, you are doing the right thing. The 110 motor does run hot because of the air/fuel ratio. Plus, the crossover pipe adds heat as well. The true duals, even though they do not give the absolute maximum output, do provide some cooling effect for the heads, as each cylinder can be tuned individually, which is not possible with the crossover, unless sniffers are put in the bung holes where the O2 sensors go. There is only a couple of tuning devices that can do that, and they are not readily available, nor the expertise. Plus, my personal opinion is that a bagger looks better with true duals...it's all a bit of a compromise, so get what sounds good and looks good to you.