Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Handlebars on the 08 SERK. Comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 09:13 PM
quint
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handlebars on the 08 SERK. Comfortable?

I'd like to hear from owners of the '08 SERK. I heard that the SE handlebars are lower than the standard Road Kings, and given the electronic throttle control, I've heard they're hard to swap out for something higher. I just came off an '05 Ultra and found that comfortable. What are your experiences of comfort for the longer haul, say, 250 - 300 miles? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Old 10-13-2007, 06:17 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,244 Likes on 1,851 Posts
Default RE: Handlebars on the 08 SERK. Comfortable?

ORIGINAL: quint
given the electronic throttle control, they're hard to swap out for something higher.
Can't give you any experience on RK bars, but I adapted a set of aftermarket bars for my 08 Ultra and can tell you that it is pretty easy to do. Also, rmouse here on the forum just adapted some Heritage bars the same way for his 08 RK

Old 10-13-2007, 06:18 AM
08CVORK
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like 'em. Your position on the bike is good for a long haul and the handlebars seem to be well positioned. My only complaint is that my legs get a bit cramped on a long run and I feel like I need to stand up on the running boards to stretch now and then. The handlebars may not be so easily changed for a different rise or bend due to the FBW and the internal wiring, but that's unknown for sure....nothing available yet it appears.

Enjoy the bike; it's damn near perfect completely stock. As you know, I went through an exhaust change on this SERK only to go back to stock mufflers and the great low rumble of low end torque that this motorcycle is full of. The bike is like dancing with a highly dignified and sweet fat girl! She's a jewel.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:22 AM
08CVORK
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: dawg

given the electronic throttle control, they're hard to swap out for something higher.
Can't give you any experience on RK bars, but I adapted a set of aftermarket bars for my 08 Ultra and can tell you that it is pretty easy to do. Also, rmouse here on the forum just adapted some Heritage bars the same way for his 08 RK
dawg,

Do your bars on your UC have internal wiring and the FBW? This subject has sparked some interest here about these bars.

Thanks

Old 10-14-2007, 11:34 AM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 08CVORK
Enjoy the bike; it's damn near perfect completely stock. As you know, I went through an exhaust change on this SERK only to go back to stock mufflers and the great low rumble of low end torque that this motorcycle is full of. The bike is like dancing with a highly dignified and sweet fat girl! She's a jewel.
I'm LOL - my baby sure is a sweety!!!!!!!!!!
Did a truck pass on a back road yesterday and before I knew it I was doing 100 with plenty of throttle left [sm=Awwww.gif]
I pulled my bars up a bit and I like them.
I did about 250 miles yesterday and agree about feeling a little cramped at times and I am only 5'8" 30" inseam

Old 10-14-2007, 04:30 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 08CVORK

dawg,

Do your bars on your UC have internal wiring and the FBW? This subject has sparked some interest here about these bars.

Thanks
Yes

Old 10-14-2007, 04:44 PM
08CVORK
Cruiser

Thanks for the in depth answer...I'm wondering if the wiring was simply removed from the stock bars and replaced in the new higher bars or did someone extend the wiring? They damned sure don't add any additional length to the wiring on the stock bike! So how much additional bar did you get and how?

Old 10-14-2007, 06:53 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

The stock wiring was long enough, about 4-6" extra. I removed the stock sensor and put it in my new bars. I have a picture trail in the touring section.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:29 PM
quint
Tourer

Dawg

Thanks for the info. Will look into this with great interest. I think the standard SERK bars are a little cramped and it creates a feeling like I'm driving a dodge'em car. You know, knees up around my elbows, hands down near my lap. Feels weird, not like my Ultra I just sold.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:17 AM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

The stock wiring was long enough, about 4-6" extra. I removed the stock sensor and put it in my new bars. I have a picture trail in the touring section.
I looked at your posts where is this one - whats the title???

Quick Reply: Handlebars on the 08 SERK. Comfortable?