Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

cvo

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: cvo

ORIGINAL: 08CVORK

Most of the posts there are finding some sort of fault with the motorcycle anyhow!
I don't know about the ownership but I certainly agree with this statement!

Old 10-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Blueslover
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fact remains, a large majority of the occupants of that site do not own a CVO motorcycle. Ask Rednectum why he is there. Look and read and ask for yourself, why hound me if you cannot see? Lots of folks will list the bikes that they wish they owned in their signature as fact, opposite being true in many cases. There is nothing to be learned there because it is diluted with naysayers and those who don't know anything about a CVO Harley Davidson simply because they don't own one. Most of the posts there are finding some sort of fault with the motorcycle anyhow!
I'm not going to argue with someone who does not know what the f they are talking about, but you are as full of chit as aXmas Turkey.

I suspect Red is there to both learn and contribute, unless I'm completely mistaken about the man, and I have had several conversations with him, and know personally of a motor he built for one of my friends who "doesn't own" an '06 SEUC with a 103. I just returned from a get together where there were 40 people from the site who also "don't really own" a CVO bike, but there were 40+ of them sitting in the parking lot of the motel we rented. A very small percentage of the members of that site do not own CVO bikes...I KNOW THIS FIRST HAND, AS I HAVE MET THEM, OR MY FRIENDS HAVE MET THEM AND SEEN THEM ON THE BIKES. I have personally met close to 200 members, and every single person is like family. If you have a low opinion of the site, then stay the hell off of it. I do not critisize this site, but am here to learn and hopefully contribute something in return.

People are critical of the bikes because THEY HAVE ISSUES, particularly the 110" motors. They are critical of the MOCO for putting out things with known problems and then refusing to address them. Prior to these engine problems, the 06 SEUC had paint problems that owners had to fight the MOCO to get fixed, the 04's had chrome peeling problems on wheels. If you pay 30K + for a bike, I don't think it unreasonable to expect decent paint, decent chrome, and a motor that does not develop leaks every 5 K miles. I don't know one person who would sell their bike, but they do want them fixed properly and not to be lied to by HD.

You sir, do not know what you're talking about regarding the membership of CVOharley.com. I am not defending the site, but merely correcting your ignorant statements.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:30 PM
08CVORK
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I was thinking that you had some class there Blueslover.....wrong again! HD doesn't lie. They don't need to have any defence from the peanut gallery over there either. I rarely go over there since the general attitude is like yours - the pits! Life's too short to deal with trash talk...

Try doing a tiny bit of math....check the number of members and then look at the actual number of CVO's sold since the operation started. You gonna tell me that every person who bought a CVO is a member over there? That's not only very unlikely, it's impossible. Either you have your facts wrong or you are just blowing wind. There is also a large number of people on the forum who intend to buy a CVO, and they bad mouth the motorcycle too as if they are experts. It's a sad place to be for any sort of reasonablely valuable information about a CVO, the 110 or Harley Davidson. Apparently the one's there that own a CVO hate the bike, hate the dealer, and are defensive as hell about their own ineptness.

Arguement? You don't have a chance! Go sit with your buddies in the parking lot...

Old 10-15-2007, 04:51 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You can count me as a member of the CVO Harley forum., that also owns a CVO bike. I guess I must be in the minority.
Tom

Old 10-15-2007, 05:21 PM
08CVORK
Cruiser

I quess my point is lost.... The forum is nothing but bad mouthing Harley and the CVO! I can justify an honist claim of a problem but when they come from everywhere to trash the motorcycle and the company, there is something wrong! Hell, I own a CVO. I have owned Harleys for 35 years and still enjoy the memory but I refuse to go to a site that has very little good to say about their namesake. As I said, the point that I was trying to make is lost in the mist of self defense. Why are CVO owners so defensive? (maybe they don't own one?) Are you ashamed that you own the motorcycle? (and wish they did?) There is nothing good over there and you guys are admitting being a part of that? That's just plain sad! Do some counting, find your actual number then think about it!!!!And be honist with yourself!

Old 10-15-2007, 05:34 PM
nidan
Road Warrior

I'm a member over there, as I owned a CVO Wide Glide (FXDWG3) for 3 years . They are a great bunch of guys, when we got together last October in Maggie Valley all but 1 of the over 100 bikes that came were CVO's.

Yes there are those that don't have , or don't have any more , but that is just a matter of time. I'm waiting till they have a FLHXSEto get another CVO .

Till then I'll keep working on the one I have to get it to that level.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Blueslover
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I was thinking that you had some class there Blueslover.....wrong again! HD doesn't lie. They don't need to have any defence from the peanut gallery over there either. I rarely go over there since the general attitude is like yours - the pits! Life's too short to deal with trash talk...

Try doing a tiny bit of math....check the number of members and then look at the actual number of CVO's sold since the operation started. You gonna tell me that every person who bought a CVO is a member over there? That's not only very unlikely, it's impossible. Either you have your facts wrong or you are just blowing wind. There is also a large number of people on the forum who intend to buy a CVO, and they bad mouth the motorcycle too as if they are experts. It's a sad place to be for any sort of reasonablely valuable information about a CVO, the 110 or Harley Davidson. Apparently the one's there that own a CVO hate the bike, hate the dealer, and are defensive as hell about their own ineptness.

Arguement? You don't have a chance! Go sit with your buddies in the parking lot...
Sir...you make broad, sweeping statements that prove to me you do not have a clue as to what you are talking about. Do you have any idea at all how many CVO motorcycles have come out of the York and Kansas plants since 1999? Allow me to give you a small hint, so that you might do a little research before you start spewing inaccurate information to the general public...in the model years of 2006 and 2007, there were well over 8 THOUSAND CVO Ultra Classic motorcycles built in the York plant alone. That does not include the 2400 SEVrods (2006) that were produced in the Kansas plant, nor does it include the Dynas, Springers, and RK's built in the York plant in 06/07. Just for those two model years alone, that accounts for a possible 12K+ CVO owners globally. I do not have the production numbers for 99-05, but can very safely state that there were at least another 8 thousand CVO's manufactured during that time period, and sold. So potentially, that is 20 thousand + (I am being conservative in my numbers) individuals who own CVO bikes of one kind or another. Is it unreasonable to think that 20K people who are so passionate about HD's flagship model, most of whom have been riding HD's for more years than they care to remember, to simply Google CVO harley, find the site, and over 4K of that group actually join cvoharley.com.?????

You must be using some formmath I'm not familiar with to make the assumption that it is not entirely probable that 90% of the membership at cvoharley actually OWNS a CVO!!!

I recommend you rethink your statements and back them up with some hard data, if you can.

Does the MOCO lie? I'm not even going to go there, other than to say they claimed to have never heard about well over 50% of their 110" motors, which I know about first hand, thathave had head gaskets, new pistons, new cylinders, o-rings, and even entirely new engines, because of the poor design and allowing the consumer to be the beta tester for their poor design. I am not ******* out the 110" owners AT ALL...I want the MOCO to step up to the plate and make the motors right, so the owners can ride the bike instead of having warranty work done that ties the bike up in the shop while HD tries to do parts swapping, never really repairing the problem, or even fully acknowledging it. In my book, ommision of information, not taking ownership of a known problem, is LIEING. Period. End of story. If you believe everything your dealer or the MOCO tells you, I've got a bridge for sale....

I love my CVO bike, and don't want anything else. In fact, Iam foretunate to haveTWO, and love both of them. I also know a little bit about HD motorcycles, and can back up what

Old 10-15-2007, 06:15 PM
08CVORK
Cruiser

You sure are long winded! You are the one who's stats are right out of your own clouded mind. Think about that one about 4000 a year CVO's built of just the UC. That's a plane old unequivical lie, or was that just another mis-statment again on your part? Hell, you are bumping stats that Harleys are a household item! Everyone owns one and every other one is a CVO.... You don't have a clue what you are talking about, just long winded. Here's a hard fact: you ain't worth responding to, you're a friggin jerk!

Old 10-15-2007, 06:41 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You sure are long winded! You are the one who's stats are right out of your own clouded mind. Think about that one about 4000 a year CVO's built of just the UC. That's a plane old unequivical lie, or was that just another mis-statment again on your part? Hell, you are bumping stats that Harleys are a household item! Everyone owns one and every other one is a CVO.... You don't have a clue what you are talking about, just long winded. Here's a hard fact: you ain't worth responding to, you're a friggin jerk!
Here are the CVO figures for 2006: 10,000 CVOs built. 4,000 of them were Ultra Classics. You owe an apology to Blueslover.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...323&Page=4
Tom

Old 10-15-2007, 07:39 PM
08CVORK
Cruiser

>>Only 2,600 Screaming Eagle V-Rods will be built for 2006 at an MSRP of $26,595. The Screamin' Eagle Fat Boy will be copied only 3,900 times and carry a sticker of $28,495. And 4,000 lucky souls can fork over $31,995 for the Screamin' Eagle Ultra.<<

OK, I see, I'm incorrect on the number of UC CVO's built. I read some stats that didn't state it that way, anyhow....defending a group of so-called owners that bad mouth CVO's still doesn't sit right with me. If everyone on the site owns a CVO then as I said, they must hate the idea of owning it. Their defence is simple, but not warranted.

Quick Reply: cvo