Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Need Some Advice on Pipes FXSTSSE2

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Scott Preston
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Advice on Pipes FXSTSSE2

Can anyone offer some advice on what they have done as far as pipes on either an '07 or '08 SE Springer. I ordered a set of baffles from Big City Thunder, the small headpipe unit that they reccomended I use and told me to install those and then just start cutting away at the SE Baffles which are stock on my FXSTSSE2. Well, can't be done, spent 3hours at the dealer today and we pulled out the stock SE Baffle and it is comepletey wrapped in glass etc.and really no way to open it up without destroying it.
So, my situation is, I have a set of IronBags on special order which are made to accomadate the stock pipes and now need to buy some new pipes. I want more sound, not too loud, but loud enough and also will be adding new cams etc. so I deffinately need more flow,less restriction.
Any suggestions on a good sounding slip-on that might be tunable, adjustable or if I need to, a new set of good looking great sounding pipes??
Thanks for any thoughts or advise...
Scott

[/align]

Old 09-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Need Some Advice on Pipes FXSTSSE2

I put a set of 2.25" Rush slip-on's onto my '07 FXSTSSE, look the same as the stock mufflers but alot louder![8D]

Old 10-12-2007, 05:40 PM
SFTail06
Intermediate

Duece did you have your bike tuned after you put the pipes on? What device did you go with? I put the same mufflers on mine and it runs fine but back fires a small amount when I let off the gas. I am getting a SE tuner next week and they are putting mine on the dyno.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put the Vance and Hines slip-ons on my 07 FXDSE and they sound GREAT. They are a little loud if you wrap the throttle but sound deep. Not a bad price either, less than 300 bucks.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: SFTail06

Duece did you have your bike tuned after you put the pipes on? What device did you go with? I put the same mufflers on mine and it runs fine but back fires a small amount when I let off the gas. I am getting a SE tuner next week and they are putting mine on the dyno.

I have a Thundermax ECM with autotune, no backfires and no decell poping, Runs great![8D]

Old 10-17-2007, 07:49 PM
detonator
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Time and time again Im told 2-1 pipes= more power the pipes I am going with is the Vance and Hines 2 into 1 pro pipe and works well with SERTproviding15+ H.P. which will bring bike to around 90+ H.P. under proper tuning condtions! For you maybe more power due to the volicity of your A/C!

Old 10-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: detonator

Time and time again Im told 2-1 pipes= more power the pipes I am going with is the Vance and Hines 2 into 1 pro pipe and works well with SERTproviding15+ H.P. which will bring bike to around 90+ H.P. under proper tuning condtions! For you maybe more power due to the volicity of your A/C!
Yep, I agree V&H Pro Pipe BP is what I bought to put on myFXSTSSE2.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:45 PM
detonator
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Guilty

Any chance you can post some pics. of the new bike?

Old 10-18-2007, 09:00 AM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

I will post some pictures of the CVO Springer soon...I'm holding out until I get the new V&H Pro Pipe BP'sinstalled and finish a few other mods.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:03 PM
detonator
Road Captain

I will post some pictures of the CVO Springer soon...I'm holding out until I get the new V&H Pro Pipe BP'sinstalled and finish a few other mods.

Sweeeeet! What does the BP's stand for?

Quick Reply: Need Some Advice on Pipes FXSTSSE2