Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

08 110ci

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 09:03 PM
wvr1sxh
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 110ci

Im really starting to reconsider my decision to order an 08 SERK. I love the look and style. But all the talk on the engine over heating and oil leaks from the jugs.... This is starting to scare me off.However,most, if not all of the concerns are coming from 07 110ci owners. I am curious if harley has addressed any of these concerns on the 08 engines?or if anyone has enough miles on an 08 110ci to see any probs yet? Thanks, S

Old 08-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Pete7539
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 08 110ci

300 miles (I know thats nothing) and no problems.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just turned 1000 miles on my '07 and no problems..................so far....

going to do the 1k maintenance myself...[8D]

Old 08-28-2007, 10:23 PM
lilrebel
Novice

ORIGINAL: wvr1sxh

Im really starting to reconsider my decision to order an 08 SERK. I love the look and style. But all the talk on the engine over heating and oil leaks from the jugs.... This is starting to scare me off.However,most, if not all of the concerns are coming from 07 110ci owners. I am curious if harley has addressed any of these concerns on the 08 engines?or if anyone has enough miles on an 08 110ci to see any probs yet? Thanks, S

I have had my 08 SEUC for about three weeks now = 1200 miles. So far, So good. I love the bike.
My only complaint is that there are a few mods that I can't do because the after market folks have not caught up to the 08 bikes yet.
I want to add a Power Commander and am told that it will probably be close to the end of the year before the PC is available for the 08 bikes.
Like I said, So far - So good. I went from a 88 inch motor to the 110 - BIG DIFFERENCE!

Old 08-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Fireman44
Tourer

You have to look at all the 07 110 out there. there is more than 12000 made ( I'm not sure about the exact number) you are hearing problems from a handful of people, probably less then 1%. I know everyone with a 110 engine is not a member of this forum so the % may be higher or lower if there are more then my guess of 12000. What I'm trying to say is the problem is out there but in small numbers. I have about 4500 miles on mine with no problem of oil leak or overheating.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:11 AM
wvr1sxh
1st Gear

Thanks for the info... I realize that the vast majority of folks that have the 110 must be happy with it...just a little paranoid,I guess. I want to put on Rineharts on my SERK, it was my understanding from the dealer that the O2 sensor that is on the new bikes along with the fact that Rinehart has the port for the O2 sensor, it is not necessary to use a race tuner or power commander. Is this correct? Thanks, S

Old 08-29-2007, 09:39 AM
juslearnin
1st Gear

I am looking to trade my 05 heritage with 9K miles that I have had zero problems with for maybe the FXDSE2. I am concerned also. I have read more than a few internet blogs about the 110. Still searching. With tighter EPA on the 08, my concern is HEAT as well as the problems mentioned caused by lugging.

It would be great to hear from a certified HD mech or service writer. Course someone from the plant would be even better.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Blueslover
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: wvr1sxh

Thanks for the info... I realize that the vast majority of folks that have the 110 must be happy with it...just a little paranoid,I guess. I want to put on Rineharts on my SERK, it was my understanding from the dealer that the O2 sensor that is on the new bikes along with the fact that Rinehart has the port for the O2 sensor, it is not necessary to use a race tuner or power commander. Is this correct? Thanks, S
Wrong, wrong, wrong...the RH's will flow more than the stock pipes, and will make an already lean condition even worse. The heat problems on the 110's are BECAUSE the bikes are set up to run a 14.7:1 air fuel ratio to pass EPA emission standards. The ECM can compensate for varying conditions, but only a small amount. The stock sensors are narrow band, and will NOT compensate enough for the pipes. If you want the bike to run right, get a SERT and have the bike tuned by a competent tuner who is good with the SERT. PCIII's will not be on the market for at least a couple of more months.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Blueslover
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: juslearnin

I am looking to trade my 05 heritage with 9K miles that I have had zero problems with for maybe the FXDSE2. I am concerned also. I have read more than a few internet blogs about the 110. Still searching. With tighter EPA on the 08, my concern is HEAT as well as the problems mentioned caused by lugging.

It would be great to hear from a certified HD mech or service writer. Course someone from the plant would be even better.
And you expect a tech or a service writer to know? Or someone at the plant for that matter? You must have better experiences at your HD dealer than most people I know. How many 110's do you think the average SW or tech sees or works on? If it's a large dealership, maybe they see 10 or 12 of these motors a year.

The majority of people who are reporting problems with the 110's are not seeing the problem until the motor has 5K or more miles on it. Most people will not notice the head gasket leak until oil starts dripping onto the tranny cover, or that area. Or, the leak may show itself around the base...or, the leak may not show at all for a while, but the oil is leaking into the combustion chamber and being burned in the combustion process.

On the CVO forum, if you consider that a representative sample of CVO owners, way more than 50% of the owners of 110's have had head gaskets replaced, cylinders replaced, etc....some more than once. Case in point...07 SEUC had leaking head gasket at approx 6K. Gasket replaces just prior to a long trip. 7K later, gasket is leaking again. Some have done this as many as 3 times. Some of the people have not had a problem yet...no explanation for the difference.

If you ride your bike like the average HD rider, 5K miles per year, you'll not notice the problem in the first year of ownership. Maybe in the second. Then you're out of waranty, unless you get the extended, and it's your problem, not the MOCO's. The MOCO is playing the odds, just like they did with the TC cam problems back in '99.

No doubt, there will be a solution to the problem, but only if people stay on the MOCO's a$$ when they have a problem with the leaks, etc.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:06 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Check out this forum for CVO issues.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/

Quick Reply: 08 110ci