Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Is anyone satisfied

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2023 | 04:52 PM
Old Sport
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army

I’m thinking there’s another in my future - but my next one will very likely be pre-owned.

Last edited by Old Sport; 02-12-2023 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-12-2023 | 05:06 PM
SteveDotWorld
Advanced
Veteran: Army

I'm very satisfied with my FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary. It's what I would do if I were to buy one that wasn't modded already. I've had to do a few things so far, retune, front head gasket, fix spark plug threads, 75K miles and counting. It had 69K on it last 12 months ago. I still need to change the windshield out to a Madstad adjustable one and do the suspension to raise it up. The first and only owner besides me lowered it front / rear and removed the air suspension. I put more miles on it than my car last year.

Last edited by SteveDotWorld; 02-12-2023 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-13-2023 | 09:52 PM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member

Ditto on those that luv cvos!
Finally got my first - a new 2022 steel blue RG. Effing tastick!!

Old 02-17-2023 | 04:58 PM
StrtKing
Advanced

Originally Posted by scott7d
I wouldn't trade mine straight up for a brand new one. 2020 CVO Road Glide with 109,000 miles and it's been flawless. It will be three years old on March 28th.

We've been all over the country on this bike and it's been a major part of our lives. When I step into the garage and look at it, I still get the same level of excitement like it's a new bike. When the day comes where it's time for something else, this machine will stay. At that point it will probably have so many miles that no one would want to buy it anyways. My goal is to log 500,000 miles on this Road Glide.

Love your bike, couldn’t find a new left over so I bought the ‘21 Great White Pearl. Was wondering what make and model seat that is?

Old 02-17-2023 | 05:06 PM
scott7d
Road Captain

Originally Posted by StrtKing
Love your bike, couldn’t find a new left over so I bought the ‘21 Great White Pearl. Was wondering what make and model seat that is?
Thanks! I actually like the great white pearl better. If we had the same fairing I'd trade ya tins 😆

The seat is a Danny Gray Airhawk Long Haul XL. I had both backrest pads stitched to match.

Old 02-17-2023 | 05:48 PM
StrtKing
Advanced

Lol, I probably would’ve taken you up on that! Thanks for the info.

The following users liked this post:
scott7d (02-17-2023)
Old 03-06-2023 | 09:58 AM
wildandfree
Tourer

I'm not satisfied. But, that's just me. I'm always inclined to tinker. Perfect. Push the limits of my own abilities.

And, so it goes with my first CVO. I loved it when I bought it. Shortly thereafter I found things I wanted to fix, change, and improve. It started with small things, like the windshield, the seat, the brakes, the cam, and the exhaust. It progressed to the suspension, the engine, the primary/clutch, and some trim pieces.

For the most part, the bike looks like it did when I brought it home. You'd have to put the original bike and mine side-by-side to notice all of the things I changed... a chrome bit here, a black bit there. But now I'm tired of the entire styling of the bike. I love the color. Tired of the chrome. Hate the wheels. Hate the front fender. And I wish the 128" engine had more torque and the chassis had a little bit more lean angle.

So... I'm planning a second build that will incorporate as much as possible from this build. The build has a bit over 40k reliable miles on it. Not one single issue, but I do ride it very hard. I am very curious to tear it down and see how much wear it has after 40k.

This past Saturday I went to my dealer and ordered the new 135ci 4-5/8" SE crank, pistons, 135ci SE pistons, and 6.2g/ps injectors. They aren't available, yet, but the order is in. I'm planning to start tearing the bike down after Arizona Bike Week, so I hope the parts are available by then.

I will post up my final engine/primary, suspension, and design changes in a new post once I have everything figured everything out.

tngarren (03-07-2023)
Old 03-06-2023 | 11:59 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by wildandfree
I'm not satisfied. But, that's just me. I'm always inclined to tinker. Perfect. Push the limits of my own abilities.

And, so it goes with my first CVO. I loved it when I bought it. Shortly thereafter I found things I wanted to fix, change, and improve. It started with small things, like the windshield, the seat, the brakes, the cam, and the exhaust. It progressed to the suspension, the engine, the primary/clutch, and some trim pieces.

For the most part, the bike looks like it did when I brought it home. You'd have to put the original bike and mine side-by-side to notice all of the things I changed... a chrome bit here, a black bit there. But now I'm tired of the entire styling of the bike. I love the color. Tired of the chrome. Hate the wheels. Hate the front fender. And I wish the 128" engine had more torque and the chassis had a little bit more lean angle.

So... I'm planning a second build that will incorporate as much as possible from this build. The build has a bit over 40k reliable miles on it. Not one single issue, but I do ride it very hard. I am very curious to tear it down and see how much wear it has after 40k.

This past Saturday I went to my dealer and ordered the new 135ci 4-5/8" SE crank, pistons, 135ci SE pistons, and 6.2g/ps injectors. They aren't available, yet, but the order is in. I'm planning to start tearing the bike down after Arizona Bike Week, so I hope the parts are available by then.

I will post up my final engine/primary, suspension, and design changes in a new post once I have everything figured everything out.
very nice! Looking forward to hearing about the 135 👍

Old 03-06-2023 | 12:26 PM
wildandfree
Tourer

Originally Posted by RG Pilot
very nice! Looking forward to hearing about the 135 👍
I will do a full pictorial of the tear-down and the build so others can learn from my experience (i.e., mistakes).

RG Pilot (03-06-2023)
Old 03-06-2023 | 09:45 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Default Freedom machine

Still loving my 2019 CVO with the 131 and some other performance parts

Quick Reply: Is anyone satisfied