Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

CVO Softail Convertible Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 12:08 PM
Bearded Blaze
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 11 cvo softail convertible owner thoughts

Originally Posted by bduds65
Ok, so I've been reading through the Softail and Heritage threads for the past several months. Bottom line, I have an 02 Wide Glide which is awesome but only for about 80 miles. After that I just get tired and sore. Based on test rides and having a Heritage rental for 5 days, I thought I had made my decision on a 2018+

HOWEVER, I like lots of chrome so I am limited with choices - especially colors that I like. That said, I am now also considering a 2010 CVO Convertible. Wow, chrome until next week!

In spite of it's age, I sit nice and low and the bike is not "heavy" It just needs higher bars. I just have not yet done a test ride.

My question is, we're now in 2022, some of the HDforums Convertible references are old....For those that own a 2010-2012, and have ridden for thousands of miles now, what are your honest thoughts? I should mention, I also had a tailbone injury in October, so I have many reasons for having a comfortable ride.

Can I go for hundred of miles like on a Heritage in comfort? Any mechanical issues? Any cosmetic issues and how did you address them? Are there options for upgraded suspension?

Thanks in advance!
I currently own and ride a 11 cvo softail convertible. Great bike and love the multiple look options available in minutes with no tools. Seat is nice and comfortable for a good 2 hr trip for me and I have a damaged spine. Suspension is not bad stock. I am planning on doing a Legend Suspension upgrade and Corbin seat soon. (Corbin is the only people that make seat that fits.) Because they moved the ABS, from the front of the bike to the rear, you can put a center mount oil cooler on. For the audio system I went to Walmart and bought a $20 bluetooth receiver. I love the bike and get compliments everywhere I go.

Old 05-24-2022, 12:54 PM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,720 Likes on 2,779 Posts

Seat and Suspension are a necessary change to make any Harley comfortable riding for any length of time. I have an '18 CVO Street Glide and the seat and suspension needed to be changed on it too.

Love the look of that bike though OP.. Beautiful...!

Last edited by jamala00; 05-24-2022 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-24-2022, 08:23 PM
Shelstin
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have that exact blue 2010. I bought it a year ago with 3000 miles on it. I have been on it for around 400 miles/6.5 hours several times. With the short windshield you have some buffering, but it's not too bad. The tall clear windshield gives good protection. The 110 is strong with plenty of torque for a moderately sized bike. It's a huge step up from my 98 RK. I like foot boards and highway pegs.
I can't see me riding anything else.

Old 07-20-2022, 01:56 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

I just saw a 2011 like this, that was in for service today. It had 116k miles and looked brand new. Awesome bike. The guy liked it so much, he bought another one for his girlfriend.

Old 07-21-2022, 06:20 AM
bduds65
Road Master
Received 551 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by bduds65
Thank you all for your insights! We can certainly keep this thread going for anyone else who may benefit from it.

But to let everyone know, a few weeks ago, I pulled the trigger on a 2019 Heritage. I got a decent deal plus a nice gratis gift card which will allow me to do some minor cosmetic changes (bars, grips etc).
Update: Not the best picture but here is an update on the changes I made as part of the purchase. 13" Carlini meathooks with a 2" black HD riser. Turn signals moved down to the fork. Axel nut covers because it otherwise looks unfinished there.

The previous owner finally found the light bar at the last minute but no lights. I will deal with that later with an engine guard making them as fog lights. A few weeks ago I also added a HD sissy bar & pad (not pictured) so I can do luggage.

Last edited by bduds65; 07-21-2022 at 06:21 AM.
Old 07-23-2022, 05:30 PM
shustring
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVO convertible

[QUOTE=bduds65;20403203]Ok, so I've been reading through the Softail and Heritage threads for the past several months. Bottom line, I have an 02 Wide Glide which is awesome but only for about 80 miles. After that I just get tired and sore. Based on test rides and having a Heritage rental for 5 days, I thought I had made my decision on a 2018+

HOWEVER, I like lots of chrome so I am limited with choices - especially colors that I like. That said, I am now also considering a 2010 CVO Convertible. Wow, chrome until next week!

In spite of it's age, I sit nice and low and the bike is not "heavy" It just needs higher bars. I just have not yet done a test ride.

My question is, we're now in 2022, some of the HDforums Convertible references are old....For those that own a 2010-2012, and have ridden for thousands of miles now, what are your honest thoughts? I should mention, I also had a tailbone injury in October, so I have many reasons for having a comfortable ride.

Can I go for hundred of miles like on a Heritage in comfort? Any mechanical issues? Any cosmetic issues and how did you address them? Are there options for upgraded suspension?

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE. I loved mine. No problems for me and I put a lot of miles on it.

Old 07-23-2022, 05:39 PM
Shelstin
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's comfortale, smooth, and the 110 six speed is plenty.

Old 07-29-2022, 12:49 PM
Taz Sellers
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Currently have a 2012 CVO convertible for sale, she has been a great bike, love how I can strip her down naked and have the cool custom look for nights out with the boys or throw the bags and shield on for touring 1 or 2 up. I will say as a solo touring ride with the shocks adjust correctly its a great bike but not so much for 2 up. With 2 up it s a bit cramped which is why she is being sold to make way for a CVO Limited

The following users liked this post:
bduds65 (08-19-2022)
Old 08-19-2022, 09:05 AM
bduds65
Road Master
Received 551 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by Taz Sellers
Currently have a 2012 CVO convertible for sale, she has been a great bike, love how I can strip her down naked and have the cool custom look for nights out with the boys or throw the bags and shield on for touring 1 or 2 up. I will say as a solo touring ride with the shocks adjust correctly its a great bike but not so much for 2 up. With 2 up it s a bit cramped which is why she is being sold to make way for a CVO Limited
Gorgeous! And you are in PA also! If I needed another toy, I would take it. I love chrome on dark red or dark blue. Nice!