Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2021 Street glide - add fairing lowers

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2021 | 06:17 AM
royston
|
Road Captain
Default 2021 Street glide - add fairing lowers

Hi Guys,
Anyone tried installing those , my assumption (may be incorrect) is to switch engine guard to pre 2019 and colour match paint - any other restrictions?
Cheers

Old 03-16-2021 | 11:53 AM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by royston
Hi Guys,
Anyone tried installing those , my assumption (may be incorrect) is to switch engine guard to pre 2019 and colour match paint - any other restrictions?
Cheers
You pretty much have is figured out. You will need the standard crash bar in the finish of your choice and you can order the paint matched lowers from Harley or AdvanBlack or get them painted locally. On my Eagle Eye I just reused the black painted lowers off my 2012 and they blended right in with the black motor and frame and still allow the Eagle Eye paint to stand out. Good luck on your project.

The following users liked this post:
royston (04-04-2021)
Old 03-16-2021 | 01:22 PM
CaffeineBuzz
Seasoned HDF Member

I love the lowers on my street glide, in fact, I think a street glide looks incomplete without them....share some before and after pics when you're done

Old 03-27-2021 | 10:39 AM
Robert Fulmer
Intermediate

I asked my parts guy at my dealer where I purchased my ‘21 Streetglide CVO. He said I would have to remove the chin spoiler to add the crash bars( oops, engine guards ). Plus, he said the paint is VIN locked, but the could “use” a VIN from a Trike CVO to get Sunset Orange lowers for me.

Old 03-27-2021 | 10:59 AM
slughill
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CaffeineBuzz
I love the lowers on my street glide, in fact, I think a street glide looks incomplete without them....share some before and after pics when you're done
Agreed. I think the lowers are a must. A little biased.

Old 03-29-2021 | 06:51 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Robert Fulmer
I asked my parts guy at my dealer where I purchased my ‘21 Streetglide CVO. He said I would have to remove the chin spoiler to add the crash bars( oops, engine guards ). Plus, he said the paint is VIN locked, but the could “use” a VIN from a Trike CVO to get Sunset Orange lowers for me.
@Robert Fulmer Going the route of ordering HD CVO painted parts will cost a fortune, heck they want 540 just for primed lowers and more than 730 for each side painted for CVO lowers and I am not sure that includes all the hardware.. with that said I would acquire a set of primed from Advan Black or a set of take offs from ebay and have Joe @ Xtreme Dimension in NJ Paint them. Joe does amazing work and color can color match CVO colors to a tee.. He has dome several projects for me as well as others I know.. His web site is in need of update but if your a Face Book person you can check out his work there

http://www.xtremedimension.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Xtreme-Dime...58014827601333

NiteOwl (10-10-2022)
Old 03-29-2021 | 08:29 AM
Fatboy1389
Road Warrior

The price of quality automotive / motorcycle paint has gone up significantly, you'll likely be surprised at how much a reputable painter would have to charge for custom paint and then applying it to match a CVO .....and still make a profit.
My younger brother has owned an auto body shop for 40 years and he advised getting a pre-painted CVO tour pack for 1600 would be bargain!. He'd have to paint a boat load of them and get Advanblack quality line of parts for next to nothing before considering and committing that he could do it for less than HD and give the discerning CVO customer a painted part that they didn't complain about ....

Robert Fulmer (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021 | 10:44 AM
Robert Fulmer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GlidingJoe
@Robert Fulmer Going the route of ordering HD CVO painted parts will cost a fortune, heck they want 540 just for primed lowers and more than 730 for each side painted for CVO lowers and I am not sure that includes all the hardware.. with that said I would acquire a set of primed from Advan Black or a set of take offs from ebay and have Joe @ Xtreme Dimension in NJ Paint them. Joe does amazing work and color can color match CVO colors to a tee.. He has dome several projects for me as well as others I know.. His web site is in need of update but if your a Face Book person you can check out his work there

http://www.xtremedimension.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Xtreme-Dime...58014827601333
HaHa, I didn’t even ask the price of the color matched lowers. Parts guy did say I would need parts, as these would just be the outer shell. My idea was I’d add the lower speakers right away, buying the needed parts initially. I haven’t had time to even ride it yet, so I’m not sure if I even want the lowers. Just that my previous 5 bikes had them. Still up in the air about what path I’m going to pursue.
Although I haven’t had Joe paint anything, that’s who I would use if I need paint done.

Old 05-01-2021 | 05:58 AM
DaveM1070
3rd Gear
Default Engine guard relocation

I have the lower fairings on my 2018 Glide and have installed extended shift levers but unable to add extended brake lever due to fairing. Can the engine guards be moved a head therefore moving the fairings a head to accommodate the extended brake lever. I installed the so called extended lever recommended with fairing lowers but it just actually lower not longer.

Old 12-02-2021 | 02:59 PM
RoadBlock777
Intermediate

Gunslinger paint in colorado... 450.00 a side to paint to match a cvo with sunglo and black with silver stripe.... just got off the phone with them. now i just need to find out about will a 2020 engine guard work...I have heard they paint the CVO's for Harley.

Last edited by RoadBlock777; 12-02-2021 at 03:01 PM. Reason: add more

Quick Reply: 2021 Street glide - add fairing lowers