Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Social Distancing CVO Style: Let's See Those Spring Riding Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2020 | 02:08 PM
the jacobite
Advanced

Had a wee meet up at the weekend, in lockdown over this side of the pond so quick catch up then home.

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (05-12-2020)
Old 05-12-2020 | 11:38 PM
RiderX
Road Master

Originally Posted by rocknride71
Any warranty issues w/ using an exhaust not Harley? Or is the bike already out of warranty. That's my question. I've been hearing all kinds of nonsense out there about the warranty being voided unless it's a Harley part.
There are no warranty issues with using any after market exhaust as long as you use the H-D Screaming Eagle Pro Street Tuner. Any aftermarket tune will void the warranty because as soon as your bike is plugged into H-D's Digital Technician, it does a complete readout on your bike. This includes checking to see if your ECM was flashed with any third party tuner. If your bike has been flashed with a third party tuner, Digital Technician automatically flags your bike and uploads it H-D's main database. There is no way to prevent this from happening. Even the technician working on your bike cannot prevent it. There was a time when you could flash your ECM back to a stock map before taking it to the dealership to have work done and then flash it again afterwards with your third party tuner. However, the new ECM's and the new version of Digital Technician can read every time your bike was flashed and identify which tuner was used.

In case you were wondering, plugging it in to Digital Technician is required for just about every visit your bike makes to the shop, especially for scheduled maintenance work.

Old 05-12-2020 | 11:44 PM
RiderX
Road Master

Here are few pics from a ride in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia.

Old 05-15-2020 | 06:03 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Took a great ride with a couple of club brothers, 298 miles in the beauty of east TN and West NC. We took the Cherohala Skyway from TN to NC, then got on 129 north to Deals Gap. Had lunch, place was packed. Then we took Moonshiner 28 towards Bryson city, and hoped on 19/74 through the Nantahala River gorger down to Mupphy and onto 64 along the Ocoee River, the 30 north to Reliance, really nice now that its been repaired. Then 163 and Lamontville Road back to our start. Started out in the 60's and was 79 when we finished.

Cosmic Razorback (05-17-2020)
Old 05-18-2020 | 02:07 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member

I've been off since last Thursday. Friday at 3am I did my first Iron Butt ride at 1055 miles in just under 19 hours. Had a GREAT ride into VA, back across NC, SC down to Savannah, Ga. and them back home. Got a good nights rest and washed the bike early Saturday morning. The wife and I loaded up for a one night stay in Myrtle Beach and returned home Sunday. Total of just over 1500 miles in three days. Beautiful weather and the bike ran GREAT!

If interested I did a write up and loaded a few dozen pictures in the Road Trip section under my "Open Road" thread on pages 22 and 23.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-...orback-22.html

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 05-18-2020 at 02:13 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
68 XLCH (05-28-2020), FLSTFI Dave (05-19-2020), jc15025 (05-25-2020), Tony_N (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020 | 03:38 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
I've been off since last Thursday. Friday at 3am I did my first Iron Butt ride at 1055 miles in just under 19 hours. Had a GREAT ride into VA, back across NC, SC down to Savannah, Ga. and them back home. Got a good nights rest and washed the bike early Saturday morning. The wife and I loaded up for a one night stay in Myrtle Beach and returned home Sunday. Total of just over 1500 miles in three days. Beautiful weather and the bike ran GREAT!

If interested I did a write up and loaded a few dozen pictures in the Road Trip section under my "Open Road" thread on pages 22 and 23.

Looks like Suck Bang Blow was trying to get a little of the cancelled MB Bike Week flavor going.

Old 05-19-2020 | 05:21 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback

Congratulations on your Iron Butt Ride, the Saddle Sore 1000 in 24 hours or less.

I did mine a few years ago, I did the Saddle Sore 1000 and the Bun Burner 1500 in 36 on the same ride. Ive done a few of the SS1000 since.

I really should have attempted the Bun burner gold, which is 1500 miles in 24 hours during Covid 19 lock down, less traffic. I'm sure I can do it. Also want to try Coast to Coast in 50 hours.

Looks like a great trip to Myrtle Beach. Nice area, was stationed in Charleston SC for 7 years.

Cosmic Razorback (05-19-2020)
Old 05-20-2020 | 07:04 AM
RD335
Advanced

This was a virtual ride to support Autism in April. Originally we were supposed to ride as a large group in NC but the event was modified: ride where you live and take a photo to post on the group page. So this is in Miami

Cosmic Razorback (05-20-2020)
Old 05-26-2020 | 09:16 PM
Activelife
Advanced

Beautiful Bike! I am brand new to the forum and new to riding. I am about to pull the trigger on this exact bike. I love the black pipes. I don't care for the stock chrome ones. I wanted to ask what all have you done to your bike? Are you happy with it overall? What are some things that you would definitely upgrade? I sure appreciate it!

Old 05-26-2020 | 09:29 PM
Activelife
Advanced

Originally Posted by GT580

Sweet looking ride you have there...
Wish you could send some of your Spring weather my way (Canada)...we've had a few good days but most of the the daytime temps have been below 50*. Even had a few snow flurries last few days but still able to put on about 650 miles since i picked it up from the dealer before he closed. Made it to my go to spot to snap a few pics on one of the sunny milder days.
Ride safe wherever you wander..!
Beautiful Bike! I am about to purchase this exact same bike. What upgrades have you done? I see that your pipes are black, looks great. Did you replace them or just have them coated? Please let me know what all upgrades you've done and some "essential" upgrades as well. I am brand new to riding and just learning that there are millions of ideas and things that can be done to these bikes. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Social Distancing CVO Style: Let's See Those Spring Riding Pics