Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Social Distancing CVO Style: Let's See Those Spring Riding Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2020 | 06:27 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member

Dang those bars look good old sport!

The following users liked this post:
Old Sport (05-07-2020)
Old 05-08-2020 | 09:47 AM
jcr1800
Tourer

If the weather cooperates will be going to Tail Ofbthe Dragon next weekend. Will post pictures then. Never been. Any thoughts from those that have? Is it worth all the hype i have heard?! Thanks!

wildandfree (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020 | 10:42 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member

We rode the Snake last weekend and up through VA on Hwy 58 and back down Hwy 16. Here are a few pictures and I have lots posted in the rides section.

Old 05-08-2020 | 10:46 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jcr1800
If the weather cooperates will be going to Tail Ofbthe Dragon next weekend. Will post pictures then. Never been. Any thoughts from those that have? Is it worth all the hype i have heard?! Thanks!
It is a must do. Ride your own ride, stay focused, don't let anyone push you and watch for the crazies. Stop mid way up top at the lookout for pictures and enjoy!

We've done it probably 6 or 8 times now and I have no desire to go back other than a great place for pictures with all the professional photographers.

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 05-08-2020 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-08-2020 | 12:09 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior

Riders come from many states just for this road and the other roads in the area and yes be careful they are tired of life flighting riders off the mountain

Old 05-08-2020 | 01:42 PM
slughill
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
It is a must do. Ride your own ride, stay focused, don't let anyone push you and watch for the crazies. Stop mid way up top at the lookout for pictures and enjoy!

We've done it probably 6 or 8 times now and I have no desire to go back other than a great place for pictures with all the professional photographers.
Great pictures. Looked like a great ride. Thanks for sharing. I’ll be glad when they open the border again. I was supposed to be in pigeon forge this week..dang.

Cosmic Razorback (05-08-2020)
Old 05-09-2020 | 06:55 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by jcr1800
Dragon is ok, nothing great. I say that because it has lots of tight curves, 318 in 11 miles. There is very little scenery on the dragon, one stop with a good over look of the river and damn. Mostly its just riding technical style curves. I'm 70 miles from the dragon. Rode it many times. I will not ride it on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday, to many idiots on the road. Usually only ride it when its the fastest route to get home from NC.

Lots of much better roads in the area. Cherahola Skyway has great views, nice curves and a great ride. Moonshiner 28 is also better then the Dragon. Same with Nantahala river gorge hwy 19/74 in NC is also better with great scenery. 64 along the Ocoee is another great ride.

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback

Its a must do once so you can say you have done it. Not much to see unless you ride it shen leaves are off the trees. I agree ride your on ride on it. Week ends have to many crotch rockets that ride to fast, and also to many Harley riders that do not know how to negotiate a curve and ride way to slow. Makes for a mess.

Originally Posted by slughill
Great pictures. Looked like a great ride. Thanks for sharing. I’ll be glad when they open the border again. I was supposed to be in pigeon forge this week..dang.
Barracdes have been removed form the Cherahola Skyway and From 129 after deals gap in NC, and from 28 in NC after Deaks gap. So Graham County will let you ride though. They ask you do not buy food or grocers there.

Old 05-09-2020 | 07:00 AM
slughill
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
Dragon is ok, nothing great. I say that because it has lots of tight curves, 318 in 11 miles. There is very little scenery on the dragon, one stop with a good over look of the river and damn. Mostly its just riding technical style curves. I'm 70 miles from the dragon. Rode it many times. I will not ride it on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday, to many idiots on the road. Usually only ride it when its the fastest route to get home from NC.

Lots of much better roads in the area. Cherahola Skyway has great views, nice curves and a great ride. Moonshiner 28 is also better then the Dragon. Same with Nantahala river gorge hwy 19/74 in NC is also better with great scenery. 64 along the Ocoee is another great ride.

Its a must do once so you can say you have done it. Not much to see unless you ride it shen leaves are off the trees. I agree ride your on ride on it. Week ends have to many crotch rockets that ride to fast, and also to many Harley riders that do not know how to negotiate a curve and ride way to slow. Makes for a mess.

Barracdes have been removed form the Cherahola Skyway and From 129 after deals gap in NC, and from 28 in NC after Deaks gap. So Graham County will let you ride though. They ask you do not buy food or grocers there.

The biggest barricade I have to deal with is the Canadian/American border at Detroit. Closed for another couple of weeks I think. I’ve rescheduled for middle of September. Hoping the world is a little more normal by then.

Old 05-10-2020 | 06:18 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by slughill
The biggest barricade I have to deal with is the Canadian/American border at Detroit. Closed for another couple of weeks I think. I’ve rescheduled for middle of September. Hoping the world is a little more normal by then.
Sorry to hear that. I'm originally from MI. Governor up there is pissing me off. I can not go visit my 81 year old father in his own home. That is bull crap, he owns the home. I'm fighting cancer so dad and I are both high risk, but we really need to be able to see each other.

The following 2 users liked this post by FLSTFI Dave:
Cosmic Razorback (05-10-2020), slughill (05-10-2020)
Old 05-10-2020 | 01:54 PM
slughill
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
Sorry to hear that. I'm originally from MI. Governor up there is pissing me off. I can not go visit my 81 year old father in his own home. That is bull crap, he owns the home. I'm fighting cancer so dad and I are both high risk, but we really need to be able to see each other.
Man, I hope you can get up there soon. She acts like she’s easing but then just keeps adding to the stay at home order. Gods speed in your fight with cancer. Thoughts and prayers to you Dave. Hang tough.

Quick Reply: Social Distancing CVO Style: Let's See Those Spring Riding Pics