Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

CVO fork lock/ignition switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 10:12 PM
ranran4
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVO fork lock/ignition switch

Hi all,
I searched before posting.

I just purchased a 2016 CVO street glide. It has the ignition/fork lock on it with the flip-up cover.

This is is my 5th bike, and my 4th Harley, so I’m not a noob, but for the life of me I can’t seem to figure out how to work the lock properly. Meaning, I can’t get the key to lock the switch from moving. The display will show “fork locked” but I can unlock it with my hand. The key does not seem to make it lock and immovable.

Could someone one please explain what I’m doing wrong? I don’t want to have this thing stolen somewhere.

thanks in advance.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:08 AM
coopmonte
Road Captain
Received 203 Likes on 149 Posts

Are you pushing it in to turn the last bit then locking?

Old 07-20-2019, 06:47 AM
ranran4
Cruiser

I thought that I was. I will try again to be on the safe side. My classic and my ultra were never as hard as this to push.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:11 AM
03duece
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

On my 2019 cvo street glide you turn the **** to lock and then push the lock button to the right of it on the lower fairing panel or the key fob and it locks the forks.

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (06-17-2022)
Old 07-20-2019, 09:15 AM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,774 Likes on 1,602 Posts

Are you rotating the key one quarter turn clockwise before removing?

Old 07-20-2019, 09:23 AM
ranran4
Cruiser

Thanks. I am at the dealership now. There is a problem.

Old 06-04-2022, 11:44 AM
MJ3V
Stage II

I have a 2016 CVO Street Glide. Ran across this thread as I installed Kraus risers.
The ignition is not the standard style, it just locks the forks. It is retained by 2 screws to the upper triple. As I needed no flash I ensured the lock was disengaged, then I unbolted it and unplugged the wiring connector. The bike starts and all the switches run normally.
I'll stop by my local dealer and ask what the wiring connector does and see if there will be any issues.

Old 06-04-2022, 06:39 PM
MJ3V
Stage II

Originally Posted by MJ3V
I have a 2016 CVO Street Glide. Ran across this thread as I installed Kraus risers.
The ignition is not the standard style, it just locks the forks. It is retained by 2 screws to the upper triple. As I needed no flash I ensured the lock was disengaged, then I unbolted it and unplugged the wiring connector. The bike starts and all the switches run normally.
I'll stop by my local dealer and ask what the wiring connector does and see if there will be any issues.
I must have deleted the entire portion about the jumper I made, when I went back and corrected a typo.
The CVO fork lock assembly has a sensor inside, when activated, tells the bike that the fork locks are disengaged. I made a connector that jumpers the two wires that go that switch. This connector plugs into the factory harness and bypasses the entire lock assembly.
The switch assembly also has two wires that go to a tiny electric motor in the assembly. This is not needed, those wires can be terminated separately.
I shrink wrapped the entire plug / connector.

Jumper to bypass the CVO fork lock assembly.

Old 06-14-2022, 05:31 PM
Lunchboxx
Road Master

Received 185 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by ranran4
Hi all,
I searched before posting.

I just purchased a 2016 CVO street glide. It has the ignition/fork lock on it with the flip-up cover.

This is is my 5th bike, and my 4th Harley, so I’m not a noob, but for the life of me I can’t seem to figure out how to work the lock properly. Meaning, I can’t get the key to lock the switch from moving. The display will show “fork locked” but I can unlock it with my hand. The key does not seem to make it lock and immovable.

Could someone one please explain what I’m doing wrong? I don’t want to have this thing stolen somewhere.

thanks in advance.
With my new to me 16 Ultra CVO took me a minute to figure it out. I turn the wheel to the left then turn switch to left then flip up top insert key and turn to right then back to center and pull key outs and its locked. Then to unlock insert key turn key to left and then back to center and its unlocked.

Old 07-10-2022, 04:58 PM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,690 Likes on 1,251 Posts

I had problem locking the fork on my new bike. There is mechanical interference if fork is turned all the way over. If I move fork a little off hard over, lock works fine.

Quick Reply: CVO fork lock/ignition switch