Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2018 CVO Road Glide - seat fitment

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 02:55 PM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2018 CVO Road Glide - seat fitment

I just received 2018 CVO Road Glide in gunship grey. Awesome bike.... Its still sitting at dealer showroom. However i have question especially for those with gunship grey and orange stitching seat. Check attached pictures of my bike. The seat fitment is poor. There is visible gap between seat and dash and no possibility to adjust it. There is only one such bike Czech republic at the moment so i can not compare but seems to me not right for 40K bike. Can you check your fitment and let me know if its normal? Dealer can order new seat but what if the new seat will be same?!...

I can fix it by drilling new holes into seat to push it more forward. But who wants to drill holes into new bike....

I would really appreciate for detailed pictures of your fitment.

Attached Thumbnails 2018 CVO Road Glide - seat fitment-fullsizerender.jpg   2018 CVO Road Glide - seat fitment-fullsizerender-1.jpg  
Old 10-09-2017, 05:47 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by masar
I just received 2018 CVO Road Glide in gunship grey. Awesome bike.... Its still sitting at dealer showroom. However i have question especially for those with gunship grey and orange stitching seat. Check attached pictures of my bike. The seat fitment is poor. There is visible gap between seat and dash and no possibility to adjust it. There is only one such bike Czech republic at the moment so i can not compare but seems to me not right for 40K bike. Can you check your fitment and let me know if its normal? Dealer can order new seat but what if the new seat will be same?!...

I can fix it by drilling new holes into seat to push it more forward. But who wants to drill holes into new bike....

I would really appreciate for detailed pictures of your fitment.
I have a gap in mine but not quite as bad as what’s in that photo. Here’s an angled shot of my seat and dash...if I look straight down I can see a white label like in yours, I was going to pull the seat and remove the tab.

I found that if I don’t stare at my ***** when I’m riding I don’t even notice it.

Last edited by UUNetBill; 10-09-2017 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:36 AM
masar
Road Captain

Originally Posted by UUNetBill
I have a gap in mine but not quite as bad as what’s in that photo. Here’s an angled shot of my seat and dash...if I look straight down I can see a white label like in yours, I was going to pull the seat and remove the tab.

I found that if I don’t stare at my ***** when I’m riding I don’t even notice it.
Thanks! Thats exactly picture i was looking for. Your gap is practically invisible compare mine.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:38 AM
djeepy69
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default see Seat adjustment on video

I have ordered Street Glide CVO, and anxious about your issue with seat. As you can see on attached video, on the bikes presented during the dealers show, not gap exists between seat and aesthetic dashboard. Hope this will help you.
youtube.com/watch?v=2mqg6AkEgjE&t=83s

Old 10-10-2017, 01:47 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks! Thats exactly picture i was looking for. Your gap is practically invisible compare mine.
You can actually see a gap on mine, it’s just not as visible in that pic. I’ll try and remember to shoot one from up top when I get home.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:41 PM
masar
Road Captain

Originally Posted by djeepy69
I have ordered Street Glide CVO, and anxious about your issue with seat. As you can see on attached video, on the bikes presented during the dealers show, not gap exists between seat and aesthetic dashboard. Hope this will help you.
youtube.com/watch?v=2mqg6AkEgjE&t=83s
Thanks! Yeah, i saw few these videos from the show and did not notice any gap. I was wondering maybe gunship gray suffers by this issue since the seat is little bit different. But its just different stitching. I think CVO should be perfect, this is just wrong....

Old 10-10-2017, 02:42 PM
masar
Road Captain

You can actually see a gap on mine, it’s just not as visible in that pic. I’ll try and remember to shoot one from up top when I get home.
That would be great! btw which city in SC you are located? I have friend in Sumter.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:42 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member

That would be great! btw which city in SC you are located? I have friend in Sumter.
I’m actually upstate, in Greenville, about 2.5 hours away. Where are you in the Czech Republic? I’ve only been to Prague & Pilsen - not too familiar with other areas...

Old 10-11-2017, 12:28 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Shoot guys I saw the same model unveiled at the local and yea it was the most beautiful bike I had ever seen man !
Pictures don't do them justice hey.
Cheers out.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:53 AM
masar
Road Captain

I’m actually upstate, in Greenville, about 2.5 hours away. Where are you in the Czech Republic? I’ve only been to Prague & Pilsen - not too familiar with other areas...
I live in Pilsen so you know Hope you tasted our beer. I am also very often in Prague.

Quick Reply: 2018 CVO Road Glide - seat fitment