Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2018 CVO Road Glide - seat fitment

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 02:37 PM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skratch
just a couple observations from my pov.

the seat pan is plastic. there is a metal tab that sticks out by the tank for the seat to slip over. could be that the hole in the seat just needs to be trimmed 'a smidge' for it to fully sit over the tab.

it will be very interesting to see about putting the lowers on your bike. it's been said by hd that even changing the engine guard lowers are not compatible with the 21 inch front wheel. no one is quite sure why. congrats for having the stones to be the first to try it

and, holy crap! how much is that bike gonna cost you over there? are you gonna be able to ride it with only one arm and leg?

congrats. and i say that with much respect. and jealousy.... hope your winter goes quick.
Originally Posted by UUNetBill
The MSRP isn’t too bad, looking at their website...but it’s the VAT that kills you. I believe it’s around 21%? So tack 21% onto the base price of €34,250 and you’re talking some coin.

Still cheaper than Croatia, though...
Yes, the seat pan is plastic and trimming the hole would help. I checked this in beginning. But in my case i would have to basically trim the hole by 100% to cover my gap. And this may be problem in future, seat can move as the hole would be too big. And i just don't want to trim hole in new 40K bike. CVO should be perfect.....

As UUNetBill says, the price is not so crazy. Actually i pay 40,5K USD for the bike and i guess its similar to US price, right? This is netto price without VAT (value added tax) which we have here. The VAT is 21% so MSRP of the bike is 49K USD.
But if you buy and register the bike on business company (and not as private person) and the company is registered VAT payer, you pay netto without VAT. And thats my case...

I will keep you informed about installation of the lowers. HD says it can not be done. But we also did not find any reason why... So i believe it will work. I want them. Today I was riding my Slim in damn fog and 8°C which is about 46°F. And sometimes its even worse.The lowers would be nice....

Old 10-19-2017, 12:20 PM
Hammer 1
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has no gap