Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2018 CVO Road Glide - seat fitment

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 09:49 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by masar
I live in Pilsen so you know Hope you tasted our beer. I am also very often in Prague.
Of course I tasted your beer. Who would go to Pilsen and NOT try the beers??

I lived in Germany for a few years (about 7 1/2, actually) and the Germans think they have the best beer in the world. It’s very, very good...but I’d put Czech beer up against it any day of the week.

You live in a beautiful country, my friend - enjoy it and ride safe.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:43 AM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UUNetBill
Of course I tasted your beer. Who would go to Pilsen and NOT try the beers??

I lived in Germany for a few years (about 7 1/2, actually) and the Germans think they have the best beer in the world. It’s very, very good...but I’d put Czech beer up against it any day of the week.

You live in a beautiful country, my friend - enjoy it and ride safe.
Thanks, You too !

Old 10-12-2017, 03:11 PM
FlaHeatWave
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

The '09 SERGs had the same (seat gap) issue, Harley replaced some seats, had a "fix" for others...

The "fix" was to bolt 2 pieces of plastic to the frame rails (1 on each rail) midway under the rider portion of the seat...

Last edited by FlaHeatWave; 10-12-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:11 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member

Masar - just took this photo earlier today. There was more of a gap when I picked it up but it’s practically gone now.

Maybe it just settled in some, give it a few hundred miles and see if it closes up on yours.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:35 PM
masar
Road Captain

Masar - just took this photo earlier today. There was more of a gap when I picked it up but it’s practically gone now.

Maybe it just settled in some, give it a few hundred miles and see if it closes up on yours.
thanks. Mine is much bigger, i doubt it can disappear. Dealer already applied claim to Harley, so lets see.

My bike is actually still at dealer showroom and stays there till end of February as showroom bike. Its part of the deal. Winter is coming so i can not ride it anyway. I still ride my Slim S in Olive Denim. I plan to sell it during winter.

I ordered lower fairings and 3rd pair of speakers with amplifier. I am going to put it on the RG now during winter so it will be identical with CVO SG. I really miss the lower fairings on RG to protect my legs against rain and wind during cold days. Beside the 900W instead of 600W is always better Harley says, lower fairing does not fit bike with 21" front wheel but we did not find reason why it should not fit. I will post pictures when its done.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:49 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by masar
thanks. Mine is much bigger, i doubt it can disappear. Dealer already applied claim to Harley, so lets see.

My bike is actually still at dealer showroom and stays there till end of February as showroom bike. Its part of the deal. Winter is coming so i can not ride it anyway. I still ride my Slim S in Olive Denim. I plan to sell it during winter.

I ordered lower fairings and 3rd pair of speakers with amplifier. I am going to put it on the RG now during winter so it will be identical with CVO SG. I really miss the lower fairings on RG to protect my legs against rain and wind during cold days. Beside the 900W instead of 600W is always better Harley says, lower fairing does not fit bike with 21" front wheel but we did not find reason why it should not fit. I will post pictures when its done.
Will the lowers fit on the stock engine guards or do you need to replace that, too?

I kept going back and forth between the RG and the SG - the lowers and extra speakers and amp were a big draw for the SG but I really love the 21” front wheel. Heated grips on the RG would have been nice, too, and if I still lived in Colorado or Germany I might have bought the SG just for that. But in SC, it’s not an issue.

But dude - having to wait until February? Ugh...

Old 10-14-2017, 05:42 AM
masar
Road Captain

Will the lowers fit on the stock engine guards or do you need to replace that, too?

I kept going back and forth between the RG and the SG - the lowers and extra speakers and amp were a big draw for the SG but I really love the 21” front wheel. Heated grips on the RG would have been nice, too, and if I still lived in Colorado or Germany I might have bought the SG just for that. But in SC, it’s not an issue.

But dude - having to wait until February? Ugh...
Stock guard must be replaced as well for SG engine guard.

I was always softail guy for last 10 years. This year i decided to buy touring bike in spring 2018 for next season. I always wanted street glide with extra lower fairings or electra glide. I never liked RG and shark nose. I wanted Street Glide Special. I did not even think about CVO.

I don't know what happened to me, but few months ago my hate for shark nose changed for love. Now i see RG as much cooler bike compare SG. I did test ride and wow...for me the RG is clear winner. I am not tall guy but anyway i feel much more freedom, space on RG.

And than new 2018 CVO models were introduced and when i saw CVO RG with 21" , 117 engine all that extra stuff and with that gunship gray.... It was clear decision. What a killer bike. I really like this "primer" grey color. I have Raptor in Avalanche grey and i just like everything in this grey color. I could not believe i see stock Harley in this color.

Only issue with CVO RG was the missing lower fairings. Going from Softail to Touring means to me also comfort for cool weather and we have it here a lot....

Before i even ordered the bike which was planed for winter, my dealer called me with news they will have CVO RG in showroom by end of September. Its only 1 pcs in Czech republic. And wtf... its gunship grey...There is only about 15 pcs CVO RGs allocated for central europe for whole 2018 and all colors. So we made a deal. They keep it on showroom till February ( i can not ride from November till February anyway due to winter), i pay full price no discount but i get all that street glide stuff free with bike. It will be installed now during winter.

So for me good deal, i wanted bike in spring 2018 anyway. I can see it anytime i want, i will get that SG parts and i can still ride my Slim S. I am going ride my Slim till winter comes and i sell it.

So waiting till February is no big deal for me

Old 10-16-2017, 05:15 PM
2003king
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your other option is go with Corbin Solo seat
Better quality and more comfort and it will cover and go over your console by 1"
Email me so i can send you pictures from my bike
Dooox@aol.com

Old 10-17-2017, 03:42 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,352 Likes on 2,532 Posts

just a couple observations from my pov.

the seat pan is plastic. there is a metal tab that sticks out by the tank for the seat to slip over. could be that the hole in the seat just needs to be trimmed 'a smidge' for it to fully sit over the tab.

it will be very interesting to see about putting the lowers on your bike. it's been said by hd that even changing the engine guard lowers are not compatible with the 21 inch front wheel. no one is quite sure why. congrats for having the stones to be the first to try it

and, holy crap! how much is that bike gonna cost you over there? are you gonna be able to ride it with only one arm and leg?

congrats. and i say that with much respect. and jealousy.... hope your winter goes quick.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:01 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by skratch
and, holy crap! how much is that bike gonna cost you over there? are you gonna be able to ride it with only one arm and leg?
The MSRP isn’t too bad, looking at their website...but it’s the VAT that kills you. I believe it’s around 21%? So tack 21% onto the base price of €34,250 and you’re talking some coin.

Still cheaper than Croatia, though...

Quick Reply: 2018 CVO Road Glide - seat fitment