Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

BAD 110 Motor Whats harley going to do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:17 PM
IL Eagle07
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAD 110 Motor Whats harley going to do?

Alright, I hate to vent but here it go's. I have a 2007 SE 110 That is Junk!!!! It has 3200 miles on it and the damn thing stranded me at a stoplight.The Dealer i bought it from came and picked it up and after 2 days finaly tore into it to see what was wrong. The dealer states that the Flywheel has shifted and will have to be replaced( This is a $27,000 Motorcycle that needs a engine rebuilt with 3,200 miles on it, and...... It will Take them upwards to 3-4 weeks to fix). I live in Illinois. Why dont you just say you cant ride this summer and we will get it back to you to break in (if it doesnt break) just before Sturgis! Who has the faith in a bike that has been in the shop for several problems with and ive only had it sense i returned from Sturgis last year! I need help! Who do I Call and how do i because if they have to basiclly rebuild the damn thing why dont they just send out a new 110 and get me back on the road ( And NO i really dont want a NEW 110) I just am concerned about a rebuilt on a new $27,000 bike that i have no faith in riding now this is bull! Does anyone have a Complaint number to Harley Davidson??????Who wants to make payments on a bike you cant even ride!!!

Old 05-31-2007, 07:36 PM
ortizji
Stage I
Default RE: BAD 110 Motor Whats harley going to do?

The number for Harley service is 414-343-4056. Good luck. They me a bunch of bull re my Road King 6 speed tranny noice. "it's a caracteristic of the tranny" The noise in 5th gear is very annoying. I didn't seem to hear any noise in the demo bike I road. Did they fix that one?

Old 06-01-2007, 01:37 PM
WPB_07FXDSE
Intermediate

OMG what a nightmare story............sorry to hear dude :-(

What model did you buy?

G'luck !!

Old 06-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Puzzled
Banned

Heard similar stories over at cvoharley.com. Several motors have bit the bullet. Keep us posted as to the outcome.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:32 PM
IL Eagle07
Novice

Heres the Follow up. Called Harley they are sending out a new create 110 motor seem the old one when the flywheel shifted broke the oil pump and its just a pile of metal now. Im told the dealer will recieve it Wednesday and will take 2 days to install. My Question now is do i have to pay for another 1000 mile service after i break it in( Mine had it done in Feb) and what's the deal on the odometer when they put a new motor on it? Anyone know what is fair to ask for and or had to deal with this type of situation before?

Old 06-02-2007, 06:07 PM
roadglide65
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eagle

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news but the crank that the MOCO is using in the new motor are going to cause a lot of people problems down the road. ( JMO) the cast crank will come back and bite a lot of these 07 bikes in the BUTT if they are making over 100 HP & TQ. Just pulled one out this week that had 2800 miles on it and it had .017 run out at the pinon shaft. It don't look good for some of these builds that want big H/P but are not willing to spend the money on a good crank. Here again that JMO

Old 06-02-2007, 06:54 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes some owners have had engine changed more than once.The scissoring effect these cranks are seeing has them worried.Movement at crank pin???Im sure it is.Some smaaler inch owners have had oil pump problems late last yr,wonder why the SB903 download came out shortly after?HD seems to take care of the CVO owners alittle better the 96inchers.Wouldnt be surprised that the clatter noise and this mans problem arent tied somehow.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:24 PM
blazzinbird
Cruiser

I hope you didnt take it to dales hd you may get it back with a honda motor

Old 06-04-2007, 06:52 PM
harleybob
Cruiser

Is this a isolated incodent or a wide spread problem ? The reason I ask I was interested in buying a 07 screaming eagle ultra with a 1000 miles on it. Thanks. Bob.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:17 PM
scream07
Stage II

I have a new 2007 SE Road King it made it 475 before it broke I dont know what happened yet
it broke at a stop light.
When I tried to pull away from the light it started popping or knocking sounded like in the front cylinder.
It had some motor noise i called the dealer twice about it they said it was ok dont worry
I went to another dealer that knows me he told me to bring it in I was on my way when it broke.
I traded 2 twin cam 88s one A andone B motored hds that iInever had any trouble with I wish I had my bikes back.

Quick Reply: BAD 110 Motor Whats harley going to do?