Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

BAD 110 Motor Whats harley going to do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 03:32 PM
lowholer
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BAD 110 Motor Whats harley going to do?

My 07 screaming eagle dyna has 1000 miles on it went to start it and nothing would turn on called dealer they promply picked my bike up took it to there shop called service dept.and was told it would be 3 weeks before they could look at it.Still dont know whats wrong with it.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:19 AM
Nadil
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle

Dayum, my 103 is looking and sounding better to me all the time. Now if I would want a new engine, I want the Kawa 1500 that develops 250 HP.
A friend's '06 103 SE Ultra cam bearing went out in Laconia recently and destroyed the engine so I wouldn't count the 103's out completely.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Cobasoby
5th Gear

I havepopped several Evos, mixtures of HD, S&S and other combinations. Among other things, it seems I've been too gentle.I now thrash and rev the **** off it, andcan't seem to pop it.

Also recently purchased a CVO 2007 Ultra. SERT,HF intake, SE pipes. I haveenriched the AF mixes, andI'm currently, working on the timing, in the higher rev range. Itnow has heaps low down TQ. I take it from 2500 RPM. It however,will respond quickly, much lower.I try not togo there. What would be the lowest RPM to avoid these compensator spring problems?

Old 06-26-2007, 12:01 AM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Out of round cylinders found within 800 miles by one owner,rear head gaskets blowing,valve springs contacting cutouts in pre oct builds,excessive crank runouts by several owners,even replacement engines have been found out of limits,starter failures or primary teeth failures.What a mess,extended waits on parts right in the prime of riding season.If I spent that much for a bike they wouldve had to lock me up by now.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:07 PM
SCREAMING EAGLE
Banned

ORIGINAL: IL Eagle07

Alright, I hate to vent but here it go's. I have a 2007 SE 110 That is Junk!!!! It has 3200 miles on it and the damn thing stranded me at a stoplight.The Dealer i bought it from came and picked it up and after 2 days finaly tore into it to see what was wrong. The dealer states that the Flywheel has shifted and will have to be replaced( This is a $27,000 Motorcycle that needs a engine rebuilt with 3,200 miles on it, and...... It will Take them upwards to 3-4 weeks to fix). I live in Illinois. Why dont you just say you cant ride this summer and we will get it back to you to break in (if it doesnt break) just before Sturgis! Who has the faith in a bike that has been in the shop for several problems with and ive only had it sense i returned from Sturgis last year! I need help! Who do I Call and how do i because if they have to basiclly rebuild the damn thing why dont they just send out a new 110 and get me back on the road ( And NO i really dont want a NEW 110) I just am concerned about a rebuilt on a new $27,000 bike that i have no faith in riding now this is bull! Does anyone have a Complaint number to Harley Davidson??????Who wants to make payments on a bike you cant even ride!!!
Sorry of what's going on , if i were you if you did not call that number yet , when you do demand a NEW MOTOR with the same vin # ( they can do it ) i would not want a dealer fixing my motor and down the road in time your $27,000 motor needs another motor repair , or if they do fix it , drain all the oil out and run it till the block blows ( then put new oil in again ) then they have to replace it with a NEW motor , not A REBUILT MOTOR because that's what you will have from the dealer when they are done !!! After spending that kind of money i would not want a REBUILT MOTOR in my frame !!![:@]

Old 07-05-2007, 04:10 PM
SCREAMING EAGLE
Banned

ORIGINAL: IL Eagle07

Heres the Follow up. Called Harley they are sending out a new create 110 motor seem the old one when the flywheel shifted broke the oil pump and its just a pile of metal now. Im told the dealer will recieve it Wednesday and will take 2 days to install. My Question now is do i have to pay for another 1000 mile service after i break it in( Mine had it done in Feb) and what's the deal on the odometer when they put a new motor on it? Anyone know what is fair to ask for and or had to deal with this type of situation before?
Glad to hear the news , the dealer will most likely pick up the tab and bill the Harley Co.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:34 AM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: BAD 110 Motor Whats Harley going to do?

ORIGINAL: roadglide65

Eagle

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news but the crank that the MOCO is using in the new motor are going to cause a lot of people problems down the road. ( JMO) the cast crank will come back and bite a lot of these 07 bikes in the BUTT if they are making over 100 HP & TQ. Just pulled one out this week that had 2800 miles on it and it had .017 run out at the pinon shaft. It don't look good for some of these builds that want big H/P but are not willing to spend the money on a good crank. Here again that JMO
Posting out of the Touring forum here hoping for some guidance. Been reading this thread and sorry to hear about all these motor problems.[:@]Not to High jack this thread but I almost bought one of these 4-3/8"SE flywheel/crank setups #23728-07 but didn't because of the cheap price $460.00 - $575.00 compared to the SE flywheel/crank # 23600-00at double the price$1000.00 - $1100.00 Could someone shed some light on the huge price difference. I'm guessing the -07 is a cast setup while the -00 one is forged? Thanks for the help. Also my 99 isthe 88A motorany problem with using the 23600-00 in it? TIA, Bryan

Old 07-12-2007, 12:49 PM
jf600
Stage I

My motor went out at 250 miles, 3 day old StreetGlide with the TC96. Dealer said the flywheel shifted and ruined the oil pump. New motor on the way!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:53 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

i'm sorry for everybody's problems. and you know i'm really getting to think back in the 80's and 90's when you had to wait 6 months or so for a bike was better . at lease the backs was better.there is nothing good about mass production.auto makers is'nt haveing any better luck.they need to quit getting greedy and go back building bikes a little slower.and a whole lot better.the last couple of years has not been good .and i got a strange feeling the 08 is not going to be much better.i know alot of you think i might be crazy but think back. bikes was better.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:47 AM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What Doc has posted above is true and you can take it to the bank.If you dog these lower ends you are asking for trouble.The pressures you are putting on these flywheels with ******* rpms is at,above or very close tothe press fit tolerances.

Quick Reply: BAD 110 Motor Whats harley going to do?