Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

07 FLHTCUSE2 Oil Leaks

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 02:02 PM
smittyvegas
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 FLHTCUSE2 Oil Leaks

I have had my FLHTCUSE2 since October. I just turned 11k on it this weekend. 2 weeks ago, I did the SERT, Rinehart TD and Dyno. Runs much much cooler now. Problem..... I was scheduled for a 3 week bike trip starting today. 6k miles and a combination of vacation and work. Yesterday as I was getting ready, I found oil seeping from engine. I have had it in 2 other times already for the same problem. Last time was a couple weeks ago and they said they installed the new designed gaskets. My service manager seemed frustrated with it. He said there is another 110 SE with the same problem. I had to buy airline tickets last night and and sitting at the airport right now instead of being in the middle of the desert riding up to San Jose.

I am now to the point of finally having buyers remorse. At least my Victory didn't leak and ran all the time. When I talk to the dealer this week, I will be mentioning that I am looking into Nevada's Lemon Law. 3 strikes your out. I love the HD - but they have to get it right.

Anyone else having a problem? Sorry for not listing the detail of the engine problem - I am very mechanically challenged. That's why I spent the extra 3k on the extended warranty.

Thanks!

Old 05-13-2007, 04:04 PM
rmarion
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 07 FLHTCUSE2 Oil Leaks

thats Suxs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you ENJOY Her, but she's got to be faithful.......

Old 05-20-2007, 03:07 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

No oil leaks with mine. 5,000 miles. Did have an intake manifold leak. Fixed, she runs great now.

Scott

Old 05-20-2007, 05:50 PM
shadowboxer
Stage II

Check out this post:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=13603.0

Old 05-21-2007, 01:12 PM
coyotedata
Cruiser

Lots of the 110's are having this problem. They replaced both cylinders and head gaskets on mine. So far, so good. If you frequent the CVOHarley board, most everyone's has leaked. My understanding is, that when the repair them, they are using a different head gasket than originally used. If they do it, make sure they do the front and back cylinders. Good luck.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Jules
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a leak on the same place on my Springer. It started at about 400 miles, I'm at 900 on the bike and it's geting worse. I need to get it into the shop and have them take a look at it. I have another leak too at the lower steering head bearing.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:39 AM
smittyvegas
Advanced

14 days in the shop now this time. I called the dealer this week while I was on the road to check the status. They said the bike will not be ready this week as they are replacing both cylinders and are on backorder. I went in Friday morning and the dealer had a 1 day loaner for me so I could do my errands. Friends in town this weekend so I didn't need the bike. I told them that I will be back in town on 6/4 and will need wheels then.

The service manager told me to contact Harley Customer Service. I was on the phone with them for about an hour on Friday. They said that they have to take steps to repair the bike. 1st was gaskets which they have done 2 times now. Next is the cylinders. Who knows what is next. I mentioned to them that I was investigating Lemon Laws and asked if I retained an attorney yet and I told her I was just talking to one but had not retained one yet. I found out that if I had, that our conversation was over, attorney has to talk to attorney and the work on the bike stops immediately. I told Customer Service that they have had my bike for almost a month now and it's my only wheels - are they going to make a monthly payment for me? She said that she would talk to the higher ups about that - but I am not holding my breath. I told her - almost 40k for a bike, 1st thing I have to do is to put an additional 2k into it so that it runs decent and then the thing has consistently leaked. I asked them if they got bought out by AMF again? She didn't have a response to that one. I also asked about quality control - with the strike in York - a few disgruntled employees? I finally asked her - cylinders on backorder? Are you having that many problems with them that you don't have any in stock? Again - no response.

I should have taken my own advice with anything new - 1st year for something new - very buggy - don't buy. I now live in buyers remorse. If this repair does not take care of it - I will be getting the attorney. I wanted everyone that know the issues that I had with the new SE. If I had a do-over, I would have purchased something different. I would even question an HD at this point!

Unsatisfied in Vegas.