Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Is a new CVO really worth it

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 08:15 AM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Is a new CVO really worth it

This is not a TROLL question!!!! I'm looking for a little help. Yesterday, my dealer made me a pretty good offer on trading in my Road Glide for an Ultra Limited. Got permission from my better half to jump on it. However, I'm sitting here looking at the CVO's on line, and thinking about all of the stuff I did to the Road Glide and will probably end up doing the Limited, and wondering if I should just try to find the extra bucks for the CVO, if I can still find a 2015. How did you guys rationalize the extra 12K for the CVO? Thanks!!!

Old 10-11-2015, 08:44 AM
Afdharley
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It had just about everything I wanted. I didn't feel like I needed to start changing parts. I liked the color choices better. My list goes on.........

If you can afford it go for it.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:56 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,817 Likes on 3,171 Posts

My S/E was pretty loaded for the times in '00 and I did notice that I didn't spend nearly the money on it that I did to the '98 Ultra that I had before it after the sale. (The grips and floorboards got replaced when they wore out, not because I needed to replace them right out of the dealership like I did on the Ultra.)

Old 10-11-2015, 09:55 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,352 Likes on 5,494 Posts

If the CVO has what you want on it, priced right and it won't break the bank for you.
They are a great bike. If you ride a lot the bike will lose value fast high miles kills a CVO value. If none of that bothers s you make the deal and ride.
Just before the release of the 2016 RGU I almost was tired of waiting, had a Red 2015 CVO RGU new lined up for $38,000 out the door. I waited until Aug23 and went with this instead. Had they skipped the RGU again in 2016 ,the 2105 CVO RGU would have come home with me.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:18 AM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts
Default Cvo worth it?

In a word yes! And I have never changed my bikes from stock! For myself stock works just fine. I'm not out to race my cruiser just ride it. The cvo is by far the nicest bike I have ever spent time on! But it was expensive compared to the FLHX. No regrets that I went with the FLHXSE. sounds like you will be putting $$$ into the non cvo if you get a new bike so you might be OK with the jump to the cvo and keep some of that resale value.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:37 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 30,796 Likes on 11,582 Posts

For most of us bikes are non-essential for pure fun and enjoyment, so, it's hard to determine what more fun and excitement is worth. Heck...if you're going to spend close to $30k...why not a bit more to $40k. After 3 years, I've got close to $50k into my TriGlide.

So, IMHO...yeah the CVO is "worth it"!

For more info, check out the thread below I recently started.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...awesome-2.html

Old 10-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Kingspoke
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

For me, the CVO (I'm on my first) is all I'm interested in. With the Rushmore limited you are getting quite a bike, but then you still need to add on several parts, time, and the costs, to bring you back up to CVO standards. The margin is closer than it has been in the past, but still no cigar.

I bargained with a dealer for the '15 CVO RG, when he challenged me as to what it would take to put me on the new bike. He was willing to sell it to me for 35K flat (I pay tax & lic.). I could either accept his lowball trade in or sell my bike on my own.

I passed, but the point is you could make it work if you can bargain with a dealer that wants to get one of the 15's off the floor.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, the paint job and the wheels alone are about a $7500.00 up-grade to a stock bike. Of course you have to like the paint job and the wheel it comes with. I don't care for the Standard Touring CVO wheels. I like the Agitators Wheels much better.

The 110 motor is a what makes a CVO and with the release of the 103 High Output the line between the two is starting to blur.

The CVO has a lot of accessories the other bikes don't. But It depend on which two you are comparing. The Ultra Class Limit and the CVO counter part are much closer to each other comparative than say Road Glide Ultra and the Road Glide Ultra CVO.

I say if you are the type of person that buys a bike and does very little to change it the CVO is probably the way to go. However, If your type of person the can't leave well enough alone (Like Me) The Standard bike may be the way to go.

Old 10-11-2015, 02:39 PM
HDRiderPA
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it worth it, that's all on the eyes of the beholder. CVO's come from the factory with many of the upgrades and accessories that many of us add later on to our bikes. We made the decision that if we're going to get a premium bike then we spend the extra money and go with one that we know we'll spend very VERY little on afterwards (outside of routine maintenance) We love our decision and wouldn't change anything. Also, the resale value of CVO's is higher than a standard HD which is appealing.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:27 PM
DALE#3
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I went with a slightly used CVO.Original owner had extended warranty switched with 2yrs.left.Goodies were added so that helped me on my purchase price.
What the hell for 11k miles he put on i saved about 10k from a brand new.Not counting savings on registration,insurance and sales tax.
Personally i purchased the best paint job on all CVO'S to date.Another reason i purchased used.
Start pricing now.The prices will go down off season.The 110 Tuned right is FAST ENOUGH...

Quick Reply: Is a new CVO really worth it