Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

FOB troubles

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 11:54 AM
journeyman
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Default FOB troubles

Anyone else having troubles with the new all in one Key FOB (2016 FLHXSE)?
It doesn't always work for me, and sometimes starts the Alarm Whaling !
It's been re-flashed twice.
Dealer is ordering another one. Uncommon I hope.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:44 PM
HDRiderPA
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't come across anything yet, albeit I've only had the scoot for about 4 days now. Hopefully you can get this resolved as that would be frustrating. So far mine's working as intended.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:35 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The only trouble I have is that I NEED to be right next to the bike for it to unlock the bags. The range is so short, it's mildly annoying. In my car, i can unlock my doors from halfway across the parking lot. Not so with the bike. In fact, it won't even unlock the bags, if I'm standing directly behind the tourpak. It will only work if I'm standing next to the bike, near the rider's seat, either side.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:47 PM
DALE#3
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

It's good that everyone makes SURE your bypass code always works.Sucks to have your bike towed because your fob battery is dead.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:18 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DALE#3
It's good that everyone makes SURE your bypass code always works.Sucks to have your bike towed because your fob battery is dead.
Yep...which why I keep a 2 pack of the Fob batteries in my helmet bag. I think I have lost count how many I handed out to someone who figures their fob will run forever on the battery that came in it when they got the bike.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:57 AM
DALE#3
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowRain
Yep...which why I keep a 2 pack of the Fob batteries in my helmet bag. I think I have lost count how many I handed out to someone who figures their fob will run forever on the battery that came in it when they got the bike.
Very thoughtful of you

Old 09-30-2015, 12:11 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DALE#3
Very thoughtful of you
Meehhh...just cheap insurance...a 2 pack of them only costs a couple of bucks at just about any store. What's funny in a tragic sense is I have actually helped more than one person who didn't know the FOB had a battery in it...or the ones who asked "where did you order those batteries." I guess they are bit taken back when I say "Kroger/CVS/Lowes/Home Depot/Publix/nearly any grocery, drug, hardware, or builder's supply store."

Old 10-01-2015, 11:25 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dgdamore
The only trouble I have is that I NEED to be right next to the bike for it to unlock the bags. The range is so short, it's mildly annoying. In my car, i can unlock my doors from halfway across the parking lot. Not so with the bike. In fact, it won't even unlock the bags, if I'm standing directly behind the tourpak. It will only work if I'm standing next to the bike, near the rider's seat, either side.

I have a neighbor that relocated his antenna to the space just below the flap on the tour pack. It didn't increase his range but allows him to unlock his bike when he's standing behind it.

I am out of town right now and he texted me that he picked up another extension cable for about $15 for me when I get back in town. I'll get numbers and pictures and post up...