Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Dyno Tuning Question?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 08:05 AM
vettedog72
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dyno Tuning Question?????

I guess they would never make it in NASCAR. Let's see, 2 cylinders = 10 hours; 8 cylinders = 40 hours. Forget the race!

Old 09-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Blueslover
Cruiser

The Power Commander III USB can be tuned more quickly IF the tuner has the Tuning Link software. The SERT generally takes a bit longer. Either device will tune the bike properly...IT DEPENDS ENTIRELY ON THE ABILITY OF THE TUNER. You should use whatever device your tuner is most comfortable using.

HD must prove that any mod you do to the bike was a direct casue of the componentfailure to deny warranty coverage. That is Federal Law. HD dealers are full of chit 90% of the time. They will also tell you that if you don't use Syn 3, or other HD fluids, it will void your warranty, blah, blah, blah. It's all bullchit, and if my dealer told me that, I would find another dealer who wanted my money and would provide the service...and stand behind their work. There are literally tens of thousands of HD bikes out there running both SERT's and PCIII's. The failure rate on PCIII's is miniscule compared to the number of units on the road.

If you put pipes and A/C on your bike, tune with a PCIII, have a problem, take the PCIII off the bike before taking it in for service, they could deny warranty coverage BECAUSE you put the pipes and A/C on without getting it tuned.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:54 AM
DingusDirk
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: 2dgcrw

who did your tuning ' my bike only got 82 hp and 105tq , its a 07 fxstsse
When I got mine done he ask if I wanted max power, max economy or in between. I opted for MAX POWER. '06 103 Ultra SE - 97hp & 101 lb-ft. It runs great from sea level to 9700 ft (highest i found so far). Did the SERT and Rinehart True Duals. Love it.

DK

Old 10-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Lintzra
Intermediate

It took less than an hour to do the actual custom mapping when I had the PCIII installed on my 07 FLHTCUSE2. The trick is togo to a dyno guy that has thePCIII Tuning Link software as specializes in Power Commanders.

Rich in CT

Old 10-13-2007, 10:19 AM
08CVORK
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found out the hard way: Be damn sure that the tuner knows what he is doing. The FBW can be screwed up very well by someone 'learning' how to tune a SERT on your '08 FBW. I'm in the process of having this '08 SERK straightened up after a 'tuner' caused the throttle to have entirely too much delay in responding. I could twist the grip quickly about 10 degrees and back to idle and the engine never responded at all! If you were slow to twist, you wouldn't notice and highway response is fine but the quick blip of the throttle to downshift response was gone. Beans! That was four hours later and the tuner said he did not test ride the bike - I still wonder why???

Old 10-27-2007, 05:16 PM
[Rowdy]
Tourer

Depends on the Tech, and what you're tuning for.

Performance or Effiency.

Honestly, I'm SuperFlo and DynoJet Cert'd and it'd take me right under 2 hours, with install time.

-Ryan "Rowdy."

Old 10-30-2007, 11:28 PM
quint
Tourer

ORIGINAL: 2dgcrw

who did your tuning ' my bike only got 82 hp and 105tq , its a 07 fxstsse
2dgcrw

I have an 08 FLHRSE4 and got 98 hp with115 lb ft. This was with Rinehart TDs, SE Stage 1 A/C andSERT. I asked the dyno tech how he did it. He said he started out with an "ideal" AFR of 13.25:1, and then on the 2, 5, 10 and 20% throttle openings, leaned it out towards 14.7:1. These are cruising throttle settings. The idea is, the leaner the mixture, the better the fuel mileage. But when you crack open the throttle, it needs to be rich enough to produce optimum power but without any pinging/predetonation. He did this using the Volumetric Efficiency tables in SERT. He then adjusted the rear cyclinder separately, because it receives less airflow and tends to run a little hotter, so a richer micture will cool it down. Finally, he was able to wring anouther few horsepower by advancing the ignition timing a couple of degrees. You can tell when someone knows what they're talking about: they explain it using a few techie terms, but in a flowing conversation type of way. There was another guy I spoke to, and when I asked him about the Volumetric Efficiency tables, he didn't know what I was talking about. I don't know anywhere near enough to know HOW to do it, but I know enough to know how NOT to do it. I don't know if this helps, but good luck!

PS: I'm real happy. I can crack open the throttle at 45 mph in 6th gear (just under 2,000 rpm) and there isn't the slightest hint of hesitation or pinging.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:15 PM
hdchit
Advanced

I had my 07 FXDSE dynoed at by Jamie atFuel Motto. I bought a Power Commander III from him along with Rush 2.5" slip on mufflers. He set up a map on the Power Commander for me when I picked it up that he thought would be close for my 110 even though he had no experience with the 110 at the time (earlier this summer). When I took the bike in to have himrun it in the dyno it was making 96 h.p. and 105 ft. lbs. with the map that he programmed in. After tuning it for about two hours he got it up to 100.2 h.p and 112 ft. lbs. of torque. The thing runs and sounds awesome. I even let my buddy ride it that has a VTX 1800 with pipes and a reprogram and he admited that my bike would smoke his. In fact he was so impressed he was talking about getting rid of his bike and getting a FXDSE although his wife my have something to say about it since it wouldn't be very comfortable for her on the back. She wants a bagger.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:19 PM
JimmySG
Cruiser

you want the right answer? ask this guy www.drdyno.com

Old 11-21-2007, 06:10 PM
46knuck
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 27 Posts

I have not done my 03' CVO yet but took my 03 heritageto Chris Rivis, he runs in the NHRA Pro stock class and he got 75 hp out of it with the SE tuner V&H pipes and SE air cleaner. He handed me a set of ear muffs let me watch and had it done in 1 hour. Runs better that I could imagine for a rather stock bike. I took it to bike drags one day and turned 13.3 @ 99.5 mph.

Quick Reply: Dyno Tuning Question?????