Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2015 cvo street glide color discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 12:58 PM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts
Default 2015 cvo street glide color discontinued?

How do I find out if the yellow was discontinued? Does anyone know anything about this? It was on a video but the guy didn't go into detail's. He made a quick reference about the yellow being stopped early on and no more will be made. Thanks for any help on this.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:55 PM
East Coast
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's true. The production of the Yellow paint scheme was stopped a few months ago. If you like it and can find one jump on it!

Old 02-26-2015, 03:46 PM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

Any idea why they cut the yellow ones early? And are they going to make more of the other 3 colors to make up for cutting the yellow?

Old 02-27-2015, 07:51 AM
Afdharley
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My understanding is they only make so many of each color. I don't know what that number is. If they made all they could sell they wouldn't be quite so special.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:25 PM
SSI Dog
Advanced
Default Contractor Paint Problem

There's been so many instances of poor paint by the custom paint contractor, HD suspended the paint schemes on the SESGs. Haven't heard if the other CVOs will be affected. New black scheme is supposedly taking over the remaining CVO SG production.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:23 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 865 Likes on 542 Posts

From my understanding and from what other owners have mentioned on here is. It is proven and well stated that YELLOW bikes are the FASTEST color Harleys!!!!
Sorry couldn't resist!

Maybe check with your dealer and see if they can do a search across the nation and find one for you.

Good luck with your search and I hope you can find one!

YB

Old 03-08-2015, 09:35 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Must of been due to Monkey issues !!

Old 03-09-2015, 10:27 PM
black n white
Cruiser
Default Lucky to get one

I wasn't planning on buying a bike this past Christmas when I took my wife to see my yellow one. Was kidding with her about buying it, and when she said maybe we should, I did. The dealer had been sitting on it since August and couldn't understand why there wasn't more interest in it. I LOVE it! Have seen where others have paint issues, mine is perfect. I have done a lot of custom paint on bikes and mine looks just fine. I remove the bags every time I wash it and have looked it all over. Was just told by a dealer in SC last weekend that the color is discontinued. It's not on Harley's site as a choice anymore.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:37 PM
ostar
1st Gear

I just purchased the yellow cvo on the weekend , I pick it up tomorrow. The dealer told me it was discontinued and only 4 came to canada think he was feeding me a line but here's to hoping

Old 03-11-2015, 07:28 PM
black n white
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ostar
I just purchased the yellow cvo on the weekend , I pick it up tomorrow. The dealer told me it was discontinued and only 4 came to canada think he was feeding me a line but here's to hoping
Dealers have told me that at more than one place we have ridden. Check out Harley's site, the yellow is not an offered color. I plan to get a chopped tour pac. Sure hope this doesn't cause problems getting one. BTW, if you like hearing the pipes, take a hole saw that fits in the muffler outlet and cut out the weld it hits. You will loose a 3-4" extension pipe and cut out the 8" baffles in each side. You can do it on the bike and fish out the baffle with a coat hanger. My friends say the mufflers sound great. It leaves a fiberglass wrapped pipe in each muffler so not too loud

Quick Reply: 2015 cvo street glide color discontinued?