Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2015 cvo street glide color discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 06:32 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Just be sure to check the paint closely on any of them. The paint issues are serious as others mentioned. Serious enough to stop production

Old 03-12-2015, 07:10 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 865 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by black n white
Dealers have told me that at more than one place we have ridden. Check out Harley's site, the yellow is not an offered color. I plan to get a chopped tour pac. Sure hope this doesn't cause problems getting one. BTW, if you like hearing the pipes, take a hole saw that fits in the muffler outlet and cut out the weld it hits. You will loose a 3-4" extension pipe and cut out the 8" baffles in each side. You can do it on the bike and fish out the baffle with a coat hanger. My friends say the mufflers sound great. It leaves a fiberglass wrapped pipe in each muffler so not too loud

Congrats on your new CVO!

If I may suggest, if you are having trouble with the paint match with your chopped TP. Get in touch with Joe at Extreme custom cycles. He will color match perfectly.

Also, as far as your pipe mod. Just my opinion and we all know about opinions.

It may sound better by butchering the baffles, but you have $40K motorcycle!

Do it right and get rid of the cat in the head pipe, add a TTS Mastertune turner and get some real CVO baffles & baffle sleeves that will not only increase sound, but not let your engine run lean, and give more performance too! Call Steve George at Fullsac.com

Again, Congrats on your new scoot!

YB

Old 03-12-2015, 02:27 PM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

I would like to know what the problems are? If it is going to end up a recall? Will the MOCO contact us and have it looked at to make sure it isn't going to peel off and we end up with a 40k nightmare. Or is it just a Orange peel effect that looks bad?

Old 03-12-2015, 04:39 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by 5150northrider
I would like to know what the problems are? If it is going to end up a recall? Will the MOCO contact us and have it looked at to make sure it isn't going to peel off and we end up with a 40k nightmare. Or is it just a Orange peel effect that looks bad?

In Past years, any bike that has been produced is fully covered with the Two year warranty. (CVO or standard bike) After that, your on your own.

Pending the dealers and the the bikes owner relationship with the dealer, maybe covered with a extended service warranty. And that's a BIG MAYBE!!!

Of course this was back in 2009, and since then the extended service program has changed ALOT.

YB

Old 03-12-2015, 07:44 PM
black n white
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
Congrats on your new CVO!

If I may suggest, if you are having trouble with the paint match with your chopped TP. Get in touch with Joe at Extreme custom cycles. He will color match perfectly.

Also, as far as your pipe mod. Just my opinion and we all know about opinions.

It may sound better by butchering the baffles, but you have $40K motorcycle!

Do it right and get rid of the cat in the head pipe, add a TTS Mastertune turner and get some real CVO baffles & baffle sleeves that will not only increase sound, but not let your engine run lean, and give more performance too! Call Steve George at Fullsac.com

Again, Congrats on your new scoot!

YB
Thanks Yellowbird, this thing is great! It's my first CVO. I have cut out the cat and re welded as on my 13 street glide. I bought both bikes from Tilley's HD. Don Tilley just got killed this fall, but he use to build some awesome race bikes. I was told by their service that the factory pipe with cat removed made more power than nearly any other pipe on their dyno. I asked if I should have it tuned after my alterations and was told its adaptive strategy would make up for my changes. I was a Ford drivability tech for years and understand that. The bike runs good and the pipe color doesn't show signs of lean but I plan on V&H power duals and a tune in my young bike's near future.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:36 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by black n white
Thanks Yellowbird, this thing is great! It's my first CVO. I have cut out the cat and re welded as on my 13 street glide. I bought both bikes from Tilley's HD. Don Tilley just got killed this fall, but he use to build some awesome race bikes. I was told by their service that the factory pipe with cat removed made more power than nearly any other pipe on their dyno. I asked if I should have it tuned after my alterations and was told its adaptive strategy would make up for my changes. I was a Ford drivability tech for years and understand that. The bike runs good and the pipe color doesn't show signs of lean but I plan on V&H power duals and a tune in my young bike's near future.

Good Deal!

Yeah I'm sorry to hear about Don!

YB

Old 05-28-2015, 12:45 PM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Default how many made?

I would like to know how many? Is there a way to find out?

Old 05-28-2015, 01:01 PM
ThunderBueller
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I loved the new yellow SESG. But I may be a bit biased since I'm pretty sure yellow is the best color out there. I find it hard to understand how the vendor was having problems since the SESG paint was less complicated than my paint set which they also did for the Harley P&A catalog. They did an excellent job btw. Both the Harley supplied pieces and the ones they did to match for me like the TP and the CVO rear fender look great!

Old 05-28-2015, 11:41 PM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Default yellow cvo

Love or hate I am glad I got one

Old 06-01-2015, 04:21 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderBueller
..... I may be a bit biased (but) I'm pretty sure yellow is the best color out there.
......... stating the obvious again, eh TB ?
.... since i'm just not into batwings, i paid little attention to the SESG choices, but i'm all over the Hard Candy Gold Flake coming next year on the RG's
....... but sumpthins tell'n me that the lowers & TP are gonna have to come color-matched from the MoCo