Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Cant get Black CVO Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 10:31 AM
jvTexas
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant get Black CVO Street Glide

Someone has to be able to relate to this post.
I went to purchase one of the first CVO street glides in Tyler Texas in September. Before I took off I noticed small scratches in the tank and they took it to the shop to buff them out. After over an hour we went to the shop to check on the bike in detail and every mechanic and tool was laying around my new 36k bike I was willing to pay 40K for! The factory did not polish the wet sand out before clear coating the tank, the dealership had it for more than 15 days (time they have to find defects), I backed out of the deal since they were not going to fix it for me. Since that date I have yet to see a single person own or dealership sell a Black Bike. Called the factory directly and they won't answer my questions. Dealerships keep extending the delivery dates. Any information from anyone?!? Am I seriously the only person ready to buy the Black CVO? Does anyone recommend a dealership or salesperson that is willing to 1)get answers for a serious buyer 2)work hard enough for a $7,000 commission

Old 12-18-2014, 10:35 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,812 Likes on 19,320 Posts

You can bet there ain't a salesman who's puttin' 7 grand in his pocket ... and you don't polish before you clear ... Black is a bitch ... ask me how I know!

Old 12-18-2014, 03:28 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 595 Likes on 313 Posts

My 2012 Black CVO SG is perfect.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:23 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Only suggestion I have is try to find a dealer, there is always one, that will do a exchange for one. Most of them trading a cvo gets above retail price though.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:36 PM
East Coast
Cruiser

I think you'll start seeing more black CVO SG's coming out soon. I just got a call from NYC HD, they had one on the floor right before Christmas. I have a deposit down on a HC Mercury at another dealer which isnt due until April! Try another dealer and leave a deposit for a black one again if you really want that color?

That really sucks about the condition of the paint. Reading over on the CVO fourm there have been a few CVO SG's with paint issues..... fwiw.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:25 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Certain colors are available at different times.
I was lucky. I was trading for a ultra CVO when they unloaded mine off the truck.
Bought it instead.
If you don't mind waiting. I have a dealer that will take a order and they will find your bike somewhere. They add on a service charge for the finding it.
Most dealers in my area charge to trade cvo bikes, the receiving shop has to pay the fee.
That is one way of doing it. If the black is just now hitting floors then keep in touch with your favorite dealers. They can tell you what they have coming but in most cases they are unable to give you a date of delivery.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:23 AM
ultralimited64
Advanced

Who is the dealer and where? Call "Kenny" at Cowboy Harley in Beaumont !!!

Last edited by ultralimited64; 01-08-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Fatboy1389
Road Warrior
Received 221 Likes on 129 Posts

Killer Creek says there may be a factory problem with the paint on the Black model .....

Old 01-19-2015, 06:47 PM
Bannana Boat
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

I had a scratch under the clear coat on my 06 Fatboy CVO. They sent a picture to HD and they approved the tank to be replaced. I'm surprised your dealer did not offer to do that and once approved or not approved for replacement, you could have decided to move forward with the purchase... or not.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:37 PM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My dealer has one sitting in the showroom. City Cycle Sales in Junction City, KS.

Quick Reply: Cant get Black CVO Street Glide