Rush Racing Products Performance V-Twin Exhaust — Providing the industry's most complete line of slip-on mufflers.

2011 Road King with Cat

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2011 Road King with Cat

I'm debating whether to leave the stock mufflers on or replace them with a pair of slip ons that will still give a nice low end rumble but not be harsh (as in tick off the neighbors)

I have been considering Jackpots, Screaming Eagles and now Rush....so far the cat heat has not bothered me so that isn't as high a priority right now. I plan on getting xieds to help with heat and I see that Rush Mufflers are ceramic coated also? Does this help dissipate heat from the cat as well?

So I guess right now I'm looking for a muffler that is only minimally louder than OEM but rumbles..is that possible?

Which of the mufflers and baffle size would you suggest keeping in mind that louder is not really the main goal...heat reduction and a nice low rumble is

Thanks for your time

Old 11-18-2010, 11:32 AM
bubbleb
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Port Dawg
I'm debating whether to leave the stock mufflers on or replace them with a pair of slip ons that will still give a nice low end rumble but not be harsh (as in tick off the neighbors)

I have been considering Jackpots, Screaming Eagles and now Rush....so far the cat heat has not bothered me so that isn't as high a priority right now. I plan on getting xieds to help with heat and I see that Rush Mufflers are ceramic coated also? Does this help dissipate heat from the cat as well?

So I guess right now I'm looking for a muffler that is only minimally louder than OEM but rumbles..is that possible?

Which of the mufflers and baffle size would you suggest keeping in mind that louder is not really the main goal...heat reduction and a nice low rumble is

Thanks for your time

wait to hear from RUSH, but i do not believe they ceramic coat their mufflers. just their head pipes, but i could be wrong. do what you want with the xieds, but cats burn up excess full, so adding fuel to a system with a cat will make it run hotter because it has more fuel feeding it. the only way to get rid of the heat or cool the bike down is to change out the head pipe. just my 2 cents.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Port Dawg

Thanks for your time
Port Dawg, thanks for contacting us. Our full systems and true duals are ceramic coated. You will have to go with these to get the benifits of ceramic coating inside and out. This will reduce the pipe temp by over 300 degrees. We have two types of coating offered for slip on mufflers, chrome or black powder coat.

The cat in the headpipes really restricts the sound. Our slip on with a 2.00" baffle on a bike with true duals, will be about the same as a cat equiped bike with our slip ons and 2.50" baffles. Similar in volume and tone but not exactly the same. If you keep the stock headers and use the 2.00" baffle slip-on, they will be slightly louder than stock and a lower tone. I would recommend our 2.25" baffle to get a deeper rumble. These will be louder than stock but most people with passengers, radios, or on long rides are happy with the sound. One reason is they mellow out at cruizing rpms, but if you crack the throttle people will know you're there! The 2.50" baffle will give you a nice deep rumble, they are loud but not like drag pipes or mufflers without baffles (when used with stock cat equiped headers).

If you keep the stock headpipes I would recommend our touring muffler with a 2.25" baffle. A great setup for the sound you want would be our ceramic coated true duals and slip ons with 1.75" baffles and a properly tuned fuel management system. The duals will bring the heat down. Add the slip-ons and fuel management to it and you will create more power, and produce a deep tone that mellows out at cruizing rpms but will bark loud if you crack the throttle.

Let me know if you would like more info.
Thanks,
Ryan