Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Recommendations For a Place to Base From in Arkansas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 09:02 AM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 388 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Recommendations For a Place to Base From in Arkansas?

In a few weeks a couple/few of us plan on riding in Arkansas and I'm looking for a place to base from for a few days. I stayed in Eureka Springs for something like this once before, a bit touristy but it was fine. Just looking at the map I see Harrison looks to be centrally located in the good riding so maybe there. The ideal place would be a nice little motel where you park in front of your room with a good restaurant and bar within walking distance.
Any specific motels or eateries you could recommend would appreciated. I already have a lot of roads highlighted from previous posts here on Arkansas.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Trial dog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Harrison there is an old hotel - Seville - in the old down town section. Lots of character, lower prices for bikers, a small indoor garage, a restaurant and bar on site. I really like this place, has a good vibe.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:03 PM
Trial dog
Tourer

Oh, and if you go through Jasper around lunch, try the Ozark Cafe. Great old time cafe with good burgers etc. Lots of other good places to eat, easy to find. Lots of bbq, dinners, cafes, just search around a bit.

Don't miss 123 south of Harrison, 7 south of Harrison, 43 between 21 and 74, 74 over to Jasper etc. etc. etc. Lots of good riding in the area. Let me know if you want any more suggestions, I've been on most of the roads north of I40 and some south of there as well.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member

I hadn't considered a Hotel but it looks interesting http://1929hotelseville.com Thanks for the advice on it, the Ozark Cafe, and roads!

Old 08-23-2014, 02:11 PM
Trial dog
Tourer

If you do call the Seville, ask them about rates for bikers, as of a few months ago they were still doing that. Seems like about $79 a night if I am remembering right. Wherever you end up, have a great trip.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:22 PM
wingfoot
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Don't plan on eating at the Ozark Cafe. It is closed. The owner got caught with cameras in the women's restroom and is now in jail.

They closed it, they did have great food!

Old 08-23-2014, 05:47 PM
road king Q
Road Master
Received 238 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by wingfoot
The owner got caught with cameras in the women's restroom and is now in jail.!
Were open last Thursday. When did this happen?

Lot of towns here are dry. Be aware of that if it is an issue. Some only serve at restaurants. Fayeville area Eureka and harrison have bars, i think

Old 08-23-2014, 06:24 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Hot Springs is an awesome place to stay! And Hw 7 goes right through it.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member

Hot Springs is a cool town. The only thing is it's at the extreme south of the good riding.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Trial dog
In Harrison there is an old hotel - Seville - in the old down town section. Lots of character, lower prices for bikers, a small indoor garage, a restaurant and bar on site. I really like this place, has a good vibe.
^^^^ Good recommendation!!

I've based rides out of the Hotel Seville a dozen or so times. Harrison is a great central location, I prefer it over staying in Eureka Springs, though ES is usually a day trip.

Another good place to base out of is Jasper. I've done so staying at either the Cliff House south of Jasper or the Little Switzerland just north of town. I took one group that was large enough that I had some stay at both places.

Quick Reply: Recommendations For a Place to Base From in Arkansas?