Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Buxton Maine to Lake Placid New York and Return

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014 | 08:10 AM
BericeM001
|
2nd Gear
Default Buxton Maine to Lake Placid New York and Return

Hey Folks: Just returned Yesterday , After Three day road trip, " first true Long distance Run " With New 2014 Tri-Glide , My Wife and I , Daughter and Son-in-Law, departed Buxton Maine on Friday June 26 2014 , for New York , Traveled South West to Southern New Hampshire to Rochester Harley , Stopping at every Harley on our Westerly Course across New Hampshire , into Vermont to Dealer ships in Barre VT.Stayed in Barre VT, at the Quality Inn, decent room rate , and free Breakfast and then onto Essex Junction , then we took the Land Bridge from Burlington Vt. to Rouses Point near the Canadian Border , if not the Most scenic part of the Ride , it was in the top three . then we continued South to Platttsburg NY. then We went West to Lake Placid NY. Beautiful Ride Through the Mountains The Getting There was Better than The Destination , though Lake Placid is Memorable for the 1980 Olympics , it was Crowded and I Personally think they Haven't Paved the streets in the Village since 1980 , there was a crater that would of swallowed my Trike if I didn't plot a course around it , Also if your planning to Visit The Harley Place there, its no Big Woop, just Clothes and stuff , I Guess Because it was CLOSED at 3:00 pm on a Saturday " so call ahead !!!"
We decided to make Lake Placid our Turn around Point we Headed back through NY. To VT. Stopping in Rutland VT. for the night the Quality Inn Again , Cheaper Rates than Barre VT. But a Little Dingier , kind of like A cross section of every south side of every major city you could ever visit , but wouldn't want too " OK place to visit , but wouldn't want to spend more than 8 hours there, only sleeping through it made it Better !. Headed Route 4 back to Lebanon NH. " a Really Glorious Ride , along Ottauqachee River , stopped a couple times along it , the water was so clear " if there was Newspaper on the bottom you could still read it!". then We continued on to Portsmouth And Back Home .

In all a Super Ride , Great People , Great Places .
BericeM001 Out...