Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Laconia Time Again

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 01:45 PM
brak4222
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silent1
Come on, man. You know better than that. June is the rainy season here. It *will* rain at some point, so just have your rain gear ready.
I always have my gear ready and realize that it will rain. I was just saying that I was hoping to stay dry most of the trip. Either way, I'll be riding like I do every year. It'd just be nice to enjoy most of it. My wife rides her own and is a bit timid when it rains...

Old 06-14-2014, 07:29 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brak4222
I always have my gear ready and realize that it will rain. I was just saying that I was hoping to stay dry most of the trip. Either way, I'll be riding like I do every year. It'd just be nice to enjoy most of it. My wife rides her own and is a bit timid when it rains...
At this point it's looking pretty good. This site has a weather icon (sun) right on the map with hourly to 10-day forecasts for Laconia...

http://jdbikermap.com/biker-motorcyc...ike-week-maps/

The map also has a ton of riding points of interest in the Lakes Region, White Mountains, and seacoast NH with GPS coords. Not to mention the best bands and events listing you'll find.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:58 PM
brak4222
Tourer

Originally Posted by trafficjams
At this point it's looking pretty good. This site has a weather icon (sun) right on the map with hourly to 10-day forecasts for Laconia...

http://jdbikermap.com/biker-motorcyc...ike-week-maps/

The map also has a ton of riding points of interest in the Lakes Region, White Mountains, and seacoast NH with GPS coords. Not to mention the best bands and events listing you'll find.
Thanks. That's probably the best Laconia info page I've seen. I tons planned already, but this should definitely help me out even more....

Old 06-15-2014, 08:45 AM
silent1
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Actually, you may have lucked out. It's shaping up to be a great week here. The sun was out bright and early today at 5:20am. And the forecast looks pretty good for much of the week.

I've been hearing bikes roar by on the highway all morning, so people are definitely on the way up there now.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:19 AM
GBeck
Tourer

I planning my yearly trip back out to Laconia again. This time I'll be out there from the 19th to the 22nd for bike week.

What are the odds of rain? I hope to at least get through one year without getting wet....
A rally without rain is unheard of. On that note, I'm here and it appears we may be in for a week of great weather (fingers crossed!)

Old 06-17-2014, 04:21 AM
GBeck
Tourer

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
I'm still waiting for my bike repairs to finish but I kept my tour pack at the house and have my saddlebag liner bags already packed.
I was hoping to hear you had made it. Sucks to be down when there's places to be. Good luck!

Old 06-17-2014, 05:06 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was up there Sat till yesterday, It was great the weather just awesome. Great riding all over, They are paving on some roads, like Rt 9. Some of the roads around the lake are in bad shape, the hard winter still showing it's ugly face. Overall just a great place to ride..

Old 06-17-2014, 10:45 AM
GBeck
Tourer

Originally Posted by Blk and Chrome
I was up there Sat till yesterday, It was great the weather just awesome. Great riding all over, They are paving on some roads, like Rt 9. Some of the roads around the lake are in bad shape, the hard winter still showing it's ugly face. Overall just a great place to ride..
I rode 7/9 from Albany thru Bennington and Wilmington. A lot of road work. I missed most since I road early this morning out of Bennington. Great ride but the tires look like I've been riding on a gravel road for 500 miles!

Old 06-17-2014, 10:52 AM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Departing tomorrow morning from NYC. Was planning on taking CT15 to 91N to 9E. How much construction is going on? Should I just do the I84-90-290-495-93 route?

Old 06-17-2014, 01:33 PM
njstreetglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by howitzer88
Should I just do the I84-90-290-495-93 route?
this is the route im taking leaving 5am on friday from new jersey

Quick Reply: Laconia Time Again