Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Laconia, NH Bike Week 2014

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 10:00 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Laconia, NH Bike Week 2014

I'm heading up to Laconia for about 4 days the first week and looking for must do's in Laconia at the Bike week? I was born and raised in northern NH near Mt Washington before I joined the Army but never spent much time that far south. Me and the family will be back up for the entire month of July and staying with relatives so I have plenty of time to ride NH,VT,MA and upstate NY.

What I'm looking for are the better bars, restaurants and bike events going on at the rally that are a good time to see. I'm meeting a large group of my Brothers there that have a house rented on main street for the entire event so i have lodging covered. I like to hear from others that have been what you enjoyed about the event besides the riding in New England, it's coming up faster that I was expecting and I'm starting my research now.

Thanks for any info and if anyone is up that way and wants to grab a beer just let me now and we can meet up.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,598 Likes on 2,026 Posts

Lobster Pound always has great music, foods not bad either , Broken spoke, or the Hart Turkey Farm near the HD Dealer has decent food, theres tons of stuff. Mon,Tues,Wed--usually good days unless raining[arg] Probably be there Sun-Mon---Rocker

Old 05-06-2014, 10:23 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Originally Posted by Rocker NH
Lobster Pound always has great music, foods not bad either , Broken spoke, or the Hart Turkey Farm near the HD Dealer has decent food, theres tons of stuff. Mon,Tues,Wed--usually good days unless raining[arg] Probably be there Sun-Mon---Rocker
Thanks, that will be a good starting point to look into. I've been to Myrtle beach, Daytona, Panama city beach and Sturgis many times but the state I was born and raised in I haven't been to yet so I figured its about time. When I was active military it was to hard to get time off during Laconia, so I'm looking forward to it.

I also have uncles and high school buddies coming down to hang out so I'm sure I'll find plenty to do but I want a little heads up before I get there. More of an excitement thing right now, and being from NH i'm tracking the rain and the temps. Talked to my Mom last night and she says there is still snow on the sides of the roads in the shade covered areas and some little snow banks left over here and there.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,459 Likes on 2,781 Posts

Weirs Beach is the center of it all, not much at all going on in Laconia. Best site is:

http://www.laconiamcweek.com/

Not sure which days the first week are but some highlights:

- Broken Spoke, Lobster Pound, Beer Tent (next to Pound), NASWA, Paradise should cover your drinking needs.
- Laconia HD is next door to Hart's Turkey Farm, another set of vendors and fun going on up there
- Hill Climb on Wednesday is a must if you are there
- Mount Washington on Thursday is Bikes Only, really good time to take the ride to the top on the bike if you have not done before. A whole lot more room on that road without the cages
- HD sets up at the track in Loudon (usually check listings) again another set of vendors etc down there plus Demo rides and HOG pin stop??? Can't find a listing for this, check when you get up there.
- We like to ride down to Alton Bay for lunch, ride around the entire lake is also good and takes about two hours without stops. Head north out of the Weirs and just keep making right turns till you are back in the Weirs

Make sure you bring rain gear, it will rain, it is part of the Rally. And warm clothes, it will be cold at night.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:36 PM
rossn2
Road Master
Received 131 Likes on 73 Posts

Just got the 2014 Laconia Mag in the mail. They showing Mt Washington mc only on Monday and Thursday. Is this correct?
I'm coming in from Texas and looking forward to riding the area...

Old 05-07-2014, 12:22 AM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Naswa/NAZBAR always has a pretty decent time to it. Live entertainment throughout week inside & okay pub food down at the outdoor beach bar where you watch some decent lookin ladies coming and going off the boats. Ms Laconia Bikini contest is there.

The Weirs gets pretty packed on the second weekend but if your going there the first weekend your group shouldnt have a real problem rally parking fairly close to each other. If you do and your large group wants to stay together just take a left on to Tower St and park at the church on the right. Its as cheap a parking as you'll get anywhere for 5 bucks and is run and attended by the Christian Motorcycle Assn, a great group of folks and your OL's can use the clean church baths and they'll give you coffee.

As rallies go, Weirs beer is pricey, just so's you know. The Patio within the Winnepesaukee Marketplace usually has pretty steady live music and decent food in an outdoor area. The paradise beach club puts on a couple gal events during the week. The Crazy Gringo always had the most punch for the money in their mixed drinks IMO.

Tshirt and trinket vendors align the boulevard all the way out to Rte 3 where you'll find the Lobster Pound vendor complex. The Laconia Roadhouse is there also with live entertainment, but there is a cover to get in.

Going north up Rte 3 you have the Looney Bin (me like) and then the Broken Spoke on right which is the largest bar/venue at the rally. Boot Hill Laconia leased a place across from the Spoke last year.

For food? For breakfast there is a place called Sunshine & Pa's in Meredith center on Main St just off 25. Get the Mexican omelet & thank me later. I also kinda like Patricks Pub & Eatery just down in Guilford on 11. Further down in Alton Bay is Poo's Clam Shell if youre taking a ride around the lake.

Here is THE best Laconia info website. Make sure you zoom out on the map and check it all out because there is tons to take in. Hope your family has a great time!

http://jdbikermap.com/biker-motorcyc...ike-week-maps/

Old 05-07-2014, 05:40 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Guys who are going...Have fun at Rainconia Bike Week. 4 out of 5, I been there...It rained and somewhat cold. Sucks to be me.

Safe Travels,

Thorey

Old 05-07-2014, 06:53 AM
union53
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 69 Posts

There is motorcycle road racing a Loudon June 20th-22nd. I don't know what the race schedule for each day is. Generally the classic which is the biggest race of the weekend happens on Saturday afternoon. They also have a supermoto race that will involve some road course, some dirt track and a couple of jumps along the way. They might be doing something more special this year for the supermoto race. Looks like they might be bringing in a traveling series. I'll let you know when I do.

If you can come watch. We don't typically get a lot of spectators. It's a great feeling coming around the bowl on the cool down lap to see a good number of people in the stands cheering.

Makris is also down the street. Pretty good food and gets a good turnout of bikes there.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,459 Likes on 2,781 Posts

Makris' has the best Clam Chowder around, and yes right down the road from the track.

If coming from the south, heading north on I 93, get of onto I 393/ 202 (at Concord) east for about two miles, get off at 106 North and you are Makris. Stop for a bowl then head up the road to track, demo rides etc also going on at the track. You can keep going north on 106 to 3 north right into the Weirs.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:47 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Thanks everyone, trafficjams that link is great!

No secret that New England gets a lot of rain and cool weather in June, I remember it snowing in July as a kid.

Its good to hear that the Broken Spoke is popular up in NH, the one in Ormand/Daytona beach kind of died down. And the one in Mytrle Beach "burned' down a few years ago.

Quick Reply: Laconia, NH Bike Week 2014