Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Laconia, NH Bike Week 2014

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 07:55 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Another issue we normally have up north is the lost of cell coverage, can anyone remember if AT&T gets any service near Laconia? I'll print out most of the info from the sites to have for back up but up near my family (Lancaster,Colebrook, Groveton,Caanan, St J) it was only Verizon the last time we were up.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:58 AM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
Thanks everyone, trafficjams that link is great!
Thanks. I work hard at it. The events should really start becoming populated now right up till rally time.

No secret that New England gets a lot of rain and cool weather in June, I remember it snowing in July as a kid.
I go every year, stay in Meredith. Last year it was more rain/clouds than not. Year before it was beautiful other than one day. Year before it was half/half I think and the year before that it hit the eightys in the sunshine. As with any rally one should be prepared both with gear for goin out and beer for stayin in.

Its good to hear that the Broken Spoke is popular up in NH, the one in Ormand/Daytona beach kind of died down. And the one in Mytrle Beach "burned' down a few years ago.
Well I wouldn't place all my money on Laconia Spoke opening this year. The only thing on their website is the title "Laconia 2014" but they still have the schedule from 2013 and their FB page has nothing. I would say something is up or rather down at this point. Youre right about the Ormond Spoke... nothing and no warning that it was not going to open for bike week. I was trying to get info out of them before the rally. No response and no postings on their FB page. Finally someone got back to me telling me they would not be opening and they were trying to sell the property. To date I would venture to guess something is wrong with the Spoke financially.

I know in your original post you seemed to want to focus on the center of the rally but I want to plug the Hawgs Pen not too far down on Rte 11 in Farmington NH. I like that place as you can watch the all the bikes coming and going with live music outside. Their Bloody Marys are great too.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:07 PM
GadgettR1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HD_Rolling... hook up with the NH CVMA crew. They usually have a house or two right on the strip. You can always just stop in and say "hi", have a beer etc. Not too mention they have parking right there and if you need a cheap place to crash for the night it doesn't get any closer or cheaper. Also, if it hasn't been mentioned yet.. check out the hill climbs. I'd love to meet up and check out your 120R but I'll be in Ft Hood.

Chip
Gadget CVMA 2-2 PR Officer
gadget@cvma2-2.org

Old 05-10-2014, 05:53 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Originally Posted by GadgettR1
HD_Rolling... hook up with the NH CVMA crew. They usually have a house or two right on the strip. You can always just stop in and say "hi", have a beer etc. Not too mention they have parking right there and if you need a cheap place to crash for the night it doesn't get any closer or cheaper. Also, if it hasn't been mentioned yet.. check out the hill climbs. I'd love to meet up and check out your 120R but I'll be in Ft Hood.

Chip
Gadget CVMA 2-2 PR Officer
gadget@cvma2-2.org
Thanks Chip,
Already have a room reserved on main street with the NH crew. Sorry to hear about Hood, not my favorite place but I only had to spend a couple years there. I prefer to jump out of planes!

So I assume your not attending Nationals in PA.!

Old 05-10-2014, 06:03 AM
Doobs41378
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did hear that the Spoke will not be open this year. They did not open in Daytona either from what I read....

Old 05-10-2014, 06:25 AM
mstng5point0
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Doobs41378
I did hear that the Spoke will not be open this year. They did not open in Daytona either from what I read....
Can't imagine the Spoke not being open. Other than the main strip at the Wiers its probably the busiest place. Good luck getting in if it is open. I like the Hawg pen, but usually hit it up on other weekends. I only live 40 min away from Alton Bay so i usally go up that way when its nice out.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:31 AM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,598 Likes on 2,026 Posts

Was at Weirs Beach yesterday,, looks like the Spoke is up for sale-- too bad-- still plenty of places to eat and drink--- See some of you guys there-- Ride safe--Rocker

Old 05-13-2014, 09:18 AM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Yankee Smokehouse in Ossipee. MMMMMM......

http://yankeesmokehouse.com/

Old 05-13-2014, 09:25 AM
silent1
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by howitzer88
Yankee Smokehouse in Ossipee. MMMMMM......

http://yankeesmokehouse.com/
It's not bad for what it is. But probably the best barbeque you'll find in that area.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:14 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

I do love a good BBQ restaurant and will be sure to try this one out! But since my wife doesn't like seafood and she is not going I'm thinking at least one or two nights will be dedicated to stuffing my face with some good New England seafood!

Quick Reply: Laconia, NH Bike Week 2014