Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Upper Peninsula, Michigan-Must see places?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts
Default RE: Upper Peninsula, Michigan-Must see places?

ORIGINAL: Moe55

Not positive of the date but they close the bridge going to the U.P. so people can walk across it!
That would be on Labor Day.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:11 PM
geek
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok iniana guy this is what you do take 127 north and what ever you do don't speed in the st.johns area! this will dump into I75 witch will take you to mackinaw city [you'r bike will be fine] hit the island [i hope you like fudge] after that cross the big mac, go ahead and ride the grate'sand look down it's spookey! but fun your bike will drifta bit but it's fun checking out the white cap's below. next hit the soo lock's then go west to newberry [don't do what i did as a dumb high school kid and use a motel towell to clean my fairing, boy the owner got mad] anyway's check out the fall's then head west i beleive it's 28 when you do the seney stretch make sure your bike is toped off and be prepared for bug's and i mean lot's of them, but it is a beautiful stretch you can really role the power on flat as a pancake then stop in munising real nice town head west to marquette you will have great view's along the big lake!
after that come's the best,US41 north to the keweenaw peninsula GOD'S COUNTRY! enjoy!

Old 04-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

ORIGINAL: geek...be prepared for bug's and i mean lot's of them...
Yeah...If I didn't mention it...The only thing larger than a Blue Jay is a UP mosquitoe...No that's not true...The biting black fly is bigger...And just a blood thirsty.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:00 PM
corgi
Road Master

If you ever make it to the soo locks..take a trip north of Paradise to check out the whitefish point shipwreck museum. they have a lot of Edmund Fitzgerald artifacts and a nice show about the turbulent Lake Superior. Also at that point you're not too far from the Tahquamennon falls.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:45 PM
geek
Novice

I remember the day the fitz wen't down, i was packing for a hunting trip in northern mich. that's one mean lake. swam in it a couple years ago in eagle harbor, man was it colddddd!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:49 PM
corgi
Road Master

swimming in that lake and you know the meaning of shrinkage. I did quite a bit of diving around Isle Royale and the temp at depth was 38 even in the heat of July. Thank god for a dry suit.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:18 AM
kpb46
Road Master

8 Miles north of Newberry (123 & 28 actually) turn west on CR 407 (four mile corner) keep going a bit to Redz Wolf Inn. Nice place and good food. First time we were there the owner took us outside and called a black bearout of the woods. Not a pet. You can Google Redz wolf inn for details

Old 06-12-2007, 02:45 AM
fatboystang
5th Gear

The big spring kitchikippi and absolute must see US 2 west of the bridge about 70 miles to a town called Manistique, then stop at the Big Spring Restaurant and bar for the best perch in the world.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Captain Rumbelly
Cruiser

Be sure to bring your camera as you will get some great pics to show when you get home from your trip! Good luck and enjoy!

[/align]

Old 06-13-2007, 10:36 AM
HDSapper
Intermediate

I'ma former Yooper now living in the south. When you get to the west side take US41 all the way to it end in Copper Harbor. Great ride! Not quite Tail of the Dragon quality, but still great. Check out McLains State park and Brockway Mt too.

If you ever get a chance to take that ride in the fall it has some of the best colors.

Quick Reply: Upper Peninsula, Michigan-Must see places?