Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Nashville, Memphis, St. Louis, Kansas City

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014 | 10:59 AM
etitanic
|
Advanced
Default Nashville, Memphis, St. Louis, Kansas City

6 of us will be staying one night in each of these cities. Need advice - opinions on good place to stay, eat and have a beer while we listen to good music don't care what kind of music just good. Trying to figure if we should stay closer to the action or farther away and cab into places like Beale Street, etc. Need a secure place for the bikes. I know some of you guys have the answers and for sure opinions.

Old 02-22-2014 | 01:16 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior

I don't think I'd want to stay anywhere near Beale St. Just sayin...

Old 02-22-2014 | 07:43 PM
Grandslam
Road Warrior

Last summer we rode up to Memphis. I booked us rooms at the Holiday Inn. Right across from the Peobody. Parking garage. Walked around the corner and down the alley to Rendevous for some good ribs, then on to Beale Street for some good music. We had a blast. Hope to go back soon.

Old 02-23-2014 | 08:12 AM
carcruizer1955
Cruiser

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn right next to Beale St. Its a little pricey I think it was $220.00 a night, but they have secure covered parking for your bike and its walking distance to Beale St. We have stayed in many Hampton Inns and this one is really nice. So I figured it was worth the money plus the location.

Old 02-23-2014 | 08:20 AM
carcruizer1955
Cruiser

Also for Nashville the Millinium Maxwell House Hotel
2025 Rosa L Parks Boulevard
Nashville, TN 37228
(615) 251-1999
We found this place last time we went. Great Hotel with a good price. I think it was around $100.00. Plus free shuttle to downtown where all the bars are.

Old 02-24-2014 | 07:21 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member

+1 on hotels walking distance to Beale street. it is real sketchy in that area, but the secured covered parking made it all good.

In Nashville we stay in the Hilton, across the plaza from Country Music Hall of Fame and one block to all of the music and food. Both place are a great time for food, drink and more music then you can watch in one night.

Enjoy.

Old 02-24-2014 | 07:35 AM
painey
Road Warrior

We stayed here on our two visits to Nashville: Walking distance to all the bars or a $10 taxi ride, free parking. Will stay again on our next visit.
Comfort Inn

1501 Demonbreun St
Nashville, TN 37203
United States

In Memphis we stayed at the Heartbreak Hotel, great if visiting Gracelands and free shuttle to Beale St, but a little costly for what you get.

Old 02-24-2014 | 01:19 PM
etitanic
|
Advanced

Thanks all appreciate the suggestions, gives me some options. Now if winter would just p?? off, -30 C or -22 F.

Old 02-24-2014 | 01:30 PM
etitanic
|
Advanced

Does anyone have any suggestions for Kansas City, only there for the one night. Something I should not miss. This is my Great Rivers and Great Music Tour. Oh yea I know about how famous the BBQ is in Kansas City , St. Louis, Memphis just need a spot to hear some local music and have a beer.

Old 02-26-2014 | 03:39 PM
LS Bob
Road Warrior

Kansas City is real easy to get around in on your bike. I recommend you find lodging in the near suburbs rather than closer in to town.
If you are interested in BBQ, KC has a great variety and you should not miss it. Arthur Bryants is close to central in the metro (tourists always want to go there, not the best, but good). Oklahoma Joe's is great (south central metro). Not sure of other stuff you want to experience, but figured BBQ was on your list. Google both those places for directions.
The Plaza is a great place to window shop, eat, visit really good restaurants (Jack Stack BBQ on the Plaza will fill that need.)
We have a fabulous WWI museum (near downtown), a fabulous art museum (free) and more.
Like I said, KC is easy to get around in. No need for taxis.
Post again to ask for something specific you are looking for, or PM.
Glad to help.

Quick Reply: Nashville, Memphis, St. Louis, Kansas City