Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Nashville, Memphis, St. Louis, Kansas City

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014 | 01:59 PM
Just-Jeff
Cruiser
Default WOW what a great BBQ run!!!

Originally Posted by etitanic
6 of us will be staying one night in each of these cities. Need advice - opinions on good place to stay, eat and have a beer while we listen to good music don't care what kind of music just good. Trying to figure if we should stay closer to the action or farther away and cab into places like Beale Street, etc. Need a secure place for the bikes. I know some of you guys have the answers and for sure opinions.
You all are in for some great food along that route. First thing that comes to mind is GREAT BBQ. Four wonderful places all with different tasting BBQ.
When I get home I can get you some info. In Memphis, St. Louis, and Kansas City what part of the cities are you thinking of staying?

Man now I'm hungry!!!!

Last edited by Just-Jeff; 02-27-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2014 | 10:01 PM
etitanic
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by LS Bob
Kansas City is real easy to get around in on your bike. I recommend you find lodging in the near suburbs rather than closer in to town.
If you are interested in BBQ, KC has a great variety and you should not miss it. Arthur Bryants is close to central in the metro (tourists always want to go there, not the best, but good). Oklahoma Joe's is great (south central metro). Not sure of other stuff you want to experience, but figured BBQ was on your list. Google both those places for directions.
The Plaza is a great place to window shop, eat, visit really good restaurants (Jack Stack BBQ on the Plaza will fill that need.)
We have a fabulous WWI museum (near downtown), a fabulous art museum (free) and more.
Like I said, KC is easy to get around in. No need for taxis.
Post again to ask for something specific you are looking for, or PM.
Glad to help.
Thanks LS Bob, had read about Oklahoma Joe's as being a great place nice to hear someone back that up. Also like the idea re the WWI museum. Would you recommend one suburb area that would be an easy distance from Oklahoma Joe's. We also like to have a beer or two so we would leave the driving to someone else. Great info.

Old 02-28-2014 | 10:06 PM
etitanic
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by Just-Jeff
You all are in for some great food along that route. First thing that comes to mind is GREAT BBQ. Four wonderful places all with different tasting BBQ.
When I get home I can get you some info. In Memphis, St. Louis, and Kansas City what part of the cities are you thinking of staying?

Man now I'm hungry!!!!
Just-Jeff you are right one of first thing that came to my mind when I started planning the trip was I'm going to eat well. We are coming down from Alberta through Indianoplis to the Blue Ridge Parkwayfollowing it from the north to the south through the Dragon then up to Nashville. Myself and others in the group are going to gain some pounds on this adventure.

Old 03-03-2014 | 12:49 PM
LS Bob
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by etitanic
Thanks LS Bob, had read about Oklahoma Joe's as being a great place nice to hear someone back that up. Also like the idea re the WWI museum. Would you recommend one suburb area that would be an easy distance from Oklahoma Joe's. We also like to have a beer or two so we would leave the driving to someone else. Great info.
Yeah, I think I would generally recommend something in the Overland Park area. This actually just over the Kansas state line, but is a nice area, central to the metro. (You have to picture KC as a small city with a state line running through the middle of it.)

If you Google places to stay, look at the vicinity of I-435 (loop around KC) on the south side of KC. This would have multiple lodging choices, be central to sightseeing, and have cabs available to all directions in reasonably short distances.

Old 03-03-2014 | 12:58 PM
etitanic
|
Advanced

Thanks LS Bob, will give that area a look.

Old 03-03-2014 | 06:19 PM
Petesflhtk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by carcruizer1955
I have stayed at the Hampton Inn right next to Beale St. Its a little pricey I think it was $220.00 a night, but they have secure covered parking for your bike and its walking distance to Beale St. We have stayed in many Hampton Inns and this one is really nice. So I figured it was worth the money plus the location.
Also stayed at the Hampton last summer, was great , and close to Beale..enjoy,it's a great trip.. Headed south to Branson, then east through Memphis, Nashville, Dragon, BRP, up to Niagra then straight west..when you heading out?

Last edited by Petesflhtk; 03-03-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-03-2014 | 10:12 PM
etitanic
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by Petesflhtk
Also stayed at the Hampton last summer, was great , and close to Beale..enjoy,it's a great trip.. Headed south to Branson, then east through Memphis, Nashville, Dragon, BRP, up to Niagra then straight west..when you heading out?
leaving June going down past Chicago, Indianapolis, then over to BRP south to tail of dragon, Nashville, Memphis, St. Louis, Kansas City, then home though South and North Dakota.