Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Bob and Cheryl - Storm Chasers Trip West

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013 | 08:40 AM
nevada72
|
Seasoned HDF Member

From another thread -

Originally Posted by robertwy
OK, Bob, I caught you. (Maybe) Either your computer is working OK now or you're still using your Galaxy. Hopefully your computer is working and I did in fact catch you. It's time to continue your ride report, not spending your time replying to others. We've waited long enough. Even here in Texas we've been having un-rideable weather, so let's get on with your report.
Apologies to the OP for getting off subject.
Lol Robert. I'm busted!

Unfortunately, I've been using a number of devices to get my HDForums fix - none of which are my computer. It was supposed to take 1-3 business days to repair. More like 7 and counting.

You wouldn't believe the lengths I've gone to and failed to get up and running. Bought a Galaxy Tab thinking that would work in a pinch - nope. Can't load the pics off the back up hard drive. Ordered an Asus TH100 Transformer laptop. Credit card wouldn't authorize because I have enhanced security on all my credit. Finally got that resolved and the wrong machine (another tablet) shows up yesterday. Bought my son a Toshiba Laptop from Costco. It didn't meet his needs so I got him one that did and planned to use the Toshiba to finish the report. It stopped working within an hour of me using it.

I'm now on Cheryls laptop, which I bought her for Christmas. She is nervous and wants me off it right now because she thinks I'm a laptop killer. And who could blame her!?

Supposedly I'll get my laptop back Monday and normal life can resume. My apologies to all of you.

Old 12-28-2013 | 09:34 AM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I'm still waiting with baited breath to find out what you bought Cheryl at the Louis Vuitton store in Aspen.

Old 12-28-2013 | 10:22 AM
nevada72
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jmorganroadglide
I'm still waiting with baited breath to find out what you bought Cheryl at the Louis Vuitton store in Aspen.
Spoiler alert - the toilet paper is free!

Four sheets of the best smelling TP from the LV customer restroom is now hers!

Old 12-28-2013 | 11:33 AM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by nevada72
Spoiler alert - the toilet paper is free!

Four sheets of the best smelling TP from the LV customer restroom is now hers!
Loverboy

Old 12-28-2013 | 11:38 AM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member

Perfect time of year here in MN for a great ride-along story like this one. Patiently waiting!!! Hey Bob, it's done like this

Old 12-28-2013 | 12:00 PM
nevada72
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jmorganroadglide
Loverboy
Well you know I set the standard pretty high. The vacuum cleaner for Christmas pretty much put me over the top. I'm thinking she gets 4 quarts of 20/50 V-twin for Valentine's day. Synthetic of course because nothing is too good for my gal.

Originally Posted by HDmikie
Perfect time of year here in MN for a great ride-along story like this one. Patiently waiting!!! Hey Bob, it's done like this
Ach! Don't remind me! I wish I had my keyboard t type on. I have to sneak Cheryl's computer when she's not looking just to cruise the forum.

Sh*t - gotta go. She's coming!

Old 12-28-2013 | 03:43 PM
Rickl
Road Captain

Nevada just so you know, I am having to go thru a 7 step program as a result of this wait. First step, drink. Second, drink some more. Third step run back to the store to buy additional supplies of Corona. 4th step - damn back to the store - forgot to buy lime! 5th step sleep off the first 2 steps. 6th step fire up the iPad to check on the thread. 7th step no new updates, repeat steps 1- 6!

Old 12-28-2013 | 05:05 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Any point and shoot should allow you to advance the shutter speed or having a setting for "Sports" . This will speed it up and cut down on those fuzzy shots. Appreciate the posts and enjoying the write up.
If you camera wont allow a direct increase in shutter speed but will allow you to increase ISO then increase it to get the same result

Old 12-30-2013 | 07:26 AM
robertwy
Road Captain
Wink

Originally Posted by nevada72
Well you know I set the standard pretty high. The vacuum cleaner for Christmas pretty much put me over the top. I'm thinking she gets 4 quarts of 20/50 V-twin for Valentine's day. Synthetic of course because nothing is too good for my gal.
Well now we know Cheryl doesn't read this forum. If she were a regular reader, I'm pretty sure the above post would not have been made. I made a similar comment once, so I know how they react to such teasing.

Old 12-30-2013 | 07:37 AM
Juan L

Originally Posted by robertwy
Well now we know Cheryl doesn't read this forum. If she were a regular reader, I'm pretty sure the above post would not have been made. I made a similar comment once, so I know how they react to such teasing.
She may be like some other women and file that away for use later....much later.

Quick Reply: Bob and Cheryl - Storm Chasers Trip West